Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 20 ""The Fallen"" Discussion Thread

Tonight's headline:

Ra's Al Ghul defeated by Felicity Smoak! Details at 11!

This episode is lame. Just a bunch of Olicty pandering bull****.

They should have titled this episode "Olicity".

I won't be able to watch this episode until a later time, but why do I get the feeling that my theory about Felicity and Oliver hooking up with each other (via one night stand) despite the fact that Felicity is in a committed relationship is now accurate?lol

I won't be able to watch this episode until a later time, but why do I get the feeling that my theory about Felicity and Oliver hooking up with each other (via one night stand) despite the fact that Felicity is in a committed relationship is now accurate?lol
Depends. What was your theory?

I wasn't feeling this episode.

Depends. What was your theory?

lol; that was my theory, that Oliver and Felicity will have a one night stand prior to Oliver's induction into the League, despite the latter being currently involved with Ray.

The Good:

- Stephen Amell.

- Ray Palmer/Brandon Routh.

- Ra's/Matt Nable.

- I despise Olicity, but their scene was well done.

- Team Arrow vs. The League.

- Oliver commanding The League to stand down.

The Bad:

- How the ***** did Malcolm ****ing Merlyn walk into a hospital without being recognized?!

- Why did Oliver allow Malcolm to accompany him to Nanda Parbat?

- Thea, post-"ressurection". That was laughable.

- Maseo's sudden change of heart.

- Oliver allowing Malcolm to be near and take care of Thea in his absence.

- The flashbacks are not interesting. They just feel obligatory.

The Okay:

- Why was STAR Labs deemed incapable of saving Thea?

- Why does everyone assume that Oliver will never be able to leave Nanda Parbat after becoming Ra's Al Ghul? He'll be the leader of the entire organization, which means that he'll be able to do whatever the hell he wants. Right? He should be able to go out and see whoever he wants, whenever he wants to, right? Am I missing/forgetting something?

A very flawed, but ultimately good episode. 7/10.

Average episode. The last part with Al-Sahim and Thea being revived were the best parts. The olicity stuff dragged this episode so down.

lol; that was my theory, that Oliver and Felicity will have a one night stand prior to Oliver's induction into the League, despite the latter being currently involved with Ray.
Ohh :p Now I feel dumb.

Regarding Ray and Felicity
ray and felicity broke up at the beginning of the episode

I was inches from dropping Arrow. I went from liking Felicity to indifference to dislike to straight up hate. Wtf is she to stop a man from fulfilling his bargain or to force him to break his word? Thankfully the birth of Al Sahhim recovered the episode for me.

Last edited:
Regarding Ray and Felicity
ray and felicity broke up at the beginning of the episode

Thank the lord for that one. But wait, was like a clean break up or them just pulling a "Ross and Rachel" and going on a "break"?lol

Still, I pray that they don't keep hooking Felicity up with more heroes otherwise it's going to be near impossible for her not to be called certain insulting names from most people.

Man, I never thought that I'd find myself preferring to see Season 2 Laurel (at her worst) over Felicity as of late.

So Laurel the person cloest to Thea after Oliver wasnt even there when she died and was brought back to life.

And then Laurel, Oliver's oldest friend was not there when he gave up his regular life.

But I am so glad we got Felicity yelling at Ra's and Olicity sex.

Wow Marc. You out did yourself there.

The first half of the episode was really bad but the second half was better. Maseo/Sarab was a bit silly in this episode. He turned back to the good side pretty easily (ie a few words from Diggle) and then Ra's not killing him because "it was not Sarab who betrayed me, it was Maseo but you have now proven your loyalty again" was also very silly. It was cool seeing Oliver in the LOA outfit though, I have to say. I generally don't even notice the Olicity scenes as I do not like them but I do not hate them either, I normally pay them no heed. Today that was not the case, they were boring and awkward to watch. I have to say that this episode was the worst in a while. They had a very good run going but today ended that. Hopefully the remaining episodes are much better.

Last edited:
I feel like Marc comes off as a person who doesn't know how to take constructive criticism well and would label any legitimate issues that fans would have with the product as us being nothing more than disgruntled shippers who don't know what's best for us.

The fact that they keep misusing certain characters despite people having protested about it for most of the season really shows that.

I feel like Marc comes off as a person who doesn't know how to take constructive criticism well and would label any legitimate issues that fans would have with the product as us being nothing more than disgruntled shippers who don't know what's best for us.

The fact that they keep misusing certain characters despite people having protested about it for most of the season really shows that.

I think that Guggenheim is a weak and unprofessional showrunner, who has let himself become way too involved with with social media In fact, I find his "you buy my book, and I'll give you a deleted scene" attitude cheap and embarrassing.

- How the ***** did Malcolm ****ing Merlyn walk into a hospital without being recognized?!

People aren't all that likely to think some guy who walks in is actually a dead guy.

- Thea, post-"ressurection". That was laughable.

Yeah, I agree with that. Her disorientation was fine (although she's recovering too quickly), but the jump out thing was awful.

- Maseo's sudden change of heart.

Just speculating going forward, I thought it creates an odd conflict. We're supposed to believe that Oliver is going to be brainwashed into only serving the League, but a long-time League member had a sudden change of heart, so it's easily possible.

- Why was STAR Labs deemed incapable of saving Thea?

Why would they be capable? We're talking about irreversible brain damage. The only person at STAR Labs who could help is Barry and that's only by time traveling.

- Why does everyone assume that Oliver will never be able to leave Nanda Parbat after becoming Ra's Al Ghul? He'll be the leader of the entire organization, which means that he'll be able to do whatever the hell he wants. Right? He should be able to go out and see whoever he wants, whenever he wants to, right? Am I missing/forgetting something?

Yeah, the very end, with the branding. It was clear Ra's is going to condition him into being a very different person.

Next week seems to show a progression in that transformation.

I think that Guggenheim is a weak and unprofessional showrunner, who has let himself become way too involved with with social media In fact, I find his "you buy my book, and I'll give you a deleted scene" attitude cheap and embarrassing.

Wait did that seriously happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"