Arrow Arrow season 4 episode 23 "Schism"

What was the worst thing about this finale? Hope.

I'm not just talking about the cheesy dialogue about hope and "darkness". No, I'm talking about how this episode gave me false hope.

When the 15,000 nuclear bombs launched and they started embracing the end of the world, I actually thought they might do it, wipe the slate clean and start fresh, especially with what's going on in the Flash right now.

But nah, Felicity just stopped them.

Then the show gave me hope again at the end when all the supporting characters started leaving, because this is what I've always wanted for this show (and maybe see Laurel's last request turn out to be her faking her death), and so I thought maybe Felicity would leave as well.

But nah, Felicity pops in at the end. "You thought I was leaving too?" -____-

Well she is the main character after all :o

Katana, Superman and Flash are all walking around perfectly in the DCTV universe. There's no reason to not have the character just leave. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

This is a bad comparison. Katana was never a main character on the show and only featured briefly this season. Superman is not even shown on Supergirl. Barry is the star of his show and its most important character. He is much more important to his show than Laurel was on Arrow. Barry would be a much, much bigger loss to his show than Laurel was to Arrow. The Flash is DC's most popular show these days, is successful and makes money for DC. Perhaps if WB/DC were as far ahead in their production in the Flash movie as they are now, they would not allow a show to be made about the character, but right now it would be a mistake for them to take Barry from the show as it is successful and popular.

There is no way to know if WB/DC wanted Laurel to be removed from the show somehow because they have plans for Dinah Laurel Lance in their movies because it has not been revealed if that is the case yet, but it is understandable that some people think that might be the case as it has been revealed to us by writers that certain characters are off limits or have to be taken off the show eg Deathstroke, Deadshot, Harley etc.

Last edited:
Like I've been saying for a while: rumor has it that the movies called dibs on the Black Canary. If that is true, its not shocking they'd kill her off. The only thing shocking is that they didn't kill her off with more ambiguity, ala Deadshot.

No, if Guggenheim could blame it on someone else he would do so, repeatedly with great vigor!

Hacking a nuclear nuke with a tablet with it already on the air and the it just goes away... where did it go? vanished on the air?

The final fight. Darkh's magic would not work on Oliver because of the tatoo Constantine gave to him and the light/hope those ppl gave him, ok. But it would work on everyone else. Also, Darkh would not be able to throw him in the air, ok, but he could easily throw a car at him and be done with it. It reminded me of Buffy's 6th season finale, Willow was a powerfull witch, tried to cast a spell on 2 guys who were protected from her magic and she just went like "well, I can't use my magic on you, but I can use it in me" and she just did it.

The ghosts using no gun in the end when they've been using guns for 22 and a half episodes.

Not coming back for next season.

Hacking a nuclear nuke with a tablet with it already on the air and the it just goes away... where did it go? vanished on the air?.

I assume that runaway missile will never be mentioned again. Stuff like that shows they are not even bothered any more and that whatever effort is put in is minimal.

Weak bleh finale. This show really needs to get back on track to what it once was. And that line from Felicity at the end. Really? I've been so done with her and her annoying mother. Can't ****ing take them.
Lol what was the line?

Lol what was the line?

Oliver is looking at the empty costume stands and Felcity walks over and (I'm paraphrasing) says You think I'd leave too? Not a chance. Which, basically was a huge "**** you" to everyone who's been criticizing her character.

Felicity is one of the shows weak-points, but I didn't view the line from Felicity as a shot at the fans at all.

Oliver is looking at the empty costume stands and Felcity walks over and (I'm paraphrasing) says You think I'd leave too? Not a chance. Which, basically was a huge "**** you" to everyone who's been criticizing her character.
And that's why I am no longer watching. I'd much rather focus on Flash and Legends since I get a lot of enjoyment out of both of those shows still.

On the bright side, I have time to try Supergirl now! I berated myself for not keeping with it when I learned my namesake made his appearance lol

And that's why I am no longer watching. I'd much rather focus on Flash and Legends since I get a lot of enjoyment out of both of those shows still.

On the bright side, I have time to try Supergirl now! I berated myself for not keeping with it when I learned my namesake made his appearance lol

Frankly, my biggest concern right now is how they'll have Felicity interacting with the characters from the other CW shows when it comes to crossovers because the writers seem to have this weird fetishist in having any and all characters treat Felicity as though she were the Holy Grail. I can actually picture Marc writing an scenario where Felicity puts the Legends team in their place (from her own POV) while having characters like supergirl commenting on how awesome she supposedly is.:whatever:

This finale was pretty meh and the show continues to go down hill with felicity, her mom and other characters who all they do is blame one another when bad things happen. With only two maybe three good episodes this season this has got to be the worst season yet.

i hope felicity dons the hood just to see your reactions:cwink:
tumblr_njh7f63mX51qc2hv6o1_1280.jpg

Just got done watching the finale and much like the rest of this season it was pretty bad. At this point I'm only looking forward to Flash and Supergirl next season the other two could be canceled and I wouldn't care at all.

Hacking a nuclear nuke with a tablet with it already on the air and the it just goes away... where did it go? vanished on the air?

Without detonation it would have just crashed and at worst leaked some kind of nuclear material making it a dirty bomb so let's just assume it hit a mountain?

Not going to lie i haven't watched an episode since it came back from it's first break, but the whole "don't kill my daughter cause I'm going to kill my daughter "was a nice way to show us where this episode was going. Instead of felicity convinving her ex bf to kill himself should have just had Malcolm do it, it gives him something to do and he was going to die anyway. That "Not a chance" line cut deep, cut real deep.

The ghosts using no gun in the end when they've been using guns for 22 and a half episodes.

Yeah, what the hell was that?! Obviously a rip from TDKR but even Bane's army were still heavily armed and took out the first couple of rows of GCPD men before being forced into close quarter combat. They could have done the same without making the Ghosts half ass versions of themselves that we've seen this whole season. Then again the episode was pretty bad.

This episode was influenced by Green Arrow City Walls, with Oliver getting the people of Starling City behind him to fight a magically empowered villain (in the comics Albert Davis, not Darhk).

It was also influenced by Green Arrow: One Year later, where Oliver became mayor of the city after an attack from a super-villain.

Slabside Penitentiary was also mentioned by Amanda Waller, where she wanted the idol to be sent.

Last edited:
i hope felicity dons the hood just to see your reactions:cwink:
tumblr_njh7f63mX51qc2hv6o1_1280.jpg

"My Name is Felicity Smoak. For two years, I was an lovable character on a popular show. But my good girl approach wasn't enough. To claim this show as my own, I had to become an insufferable, nagging, hypocritical, and annoying character to drive most of my allies away so that I could have the spotlight to myself. I had to become...SOMEONE ELSE..."

Without detonation it would have just crashed and at worst leaked some kind of nuclear material making it a dirty bomb so let's just assume it hit a mountain?

Yeah, from memory she programmed them to fly out of the atmosphere and into space...WTF? even if she could change the tradjectory of 15,000 nukes in 20 seconds would they have enough fuel/thrust to escape the earths atmosphere and gravitational pull????
I mean shooting rockets into space isn't easy when you're trying to do it, Agents of SHIELD probably need to look into that as well.

I assume that runaway missile will never be mentioned again. Stuff like that shows they are not even bothered any more and that whatever effort is put in is minimal.

They also milked over how they stopped the other 15,000 nukes.

Frankly, my biggest concern right now is how they'll have Felicity interacting with the characters from the other CW shows when it comes to crossovers because the writers seem to have this weird fetishist in having any and all characters treat Felicity as though she were the Holy Grail. I can actually picture Marc writing an scenario where Felicity puts the Legends team in their place (from her own POV) while having characters like supergirl commenting on how awesome she supposedly is.:whatever:
This post makes me nervous for a thing I hadn't even considered - because I could see it happening based on Arrow's trajectory. I really hope it doesn't.

"My Name is Felicity Smoak. For two years, I was an lovable character on a popular show. But my good girl approach wasn't enough. To claim this show as my own, I had to become an insufferable, nagging, hypocritical, and annoying character to drive most of my allies away so that I could have the spotlight to myself. I had to become...SOMEONE ELSE..."

:lmao:

This is a scary thought. And it's too real. God I hope this doesn't happen.

So... I wonder how much being Mayor pays. Felicity is jobless and can no longer pay for all the nifty equipment and computers and what ever else they need to reply.

I guess she could "hack" up some money.

Other than that... someone is going to enjoy getting and selling all that nuclear material that is laying around now.

Perhaps one of them landed on a guy who turns into Captain Atom. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"