ARROW Season 4, Episode 5 Haunted

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by luis4u, Oct 15, 2015.

?

rated

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nathan Registered

This just further showcases the fact that Laurel matters very little to Oliver in his life. Also, Laurel has been such a big part of Thea's life, that she literally only lists one thing, when she tries to talk Oliver out of dropping her as a friend. And conveniently ignoring that at one point she tried to give her mother the death sentence. Oh yeah, she was a great big sister.

And it's a mistake he's owning up to. Since Season 4 started, he's actively trying not to keep secrets from the people he cares about anymore.

Maybe. But Oliver had a very good reason not to tell her. Because he knew exactly what Laurel would do with that knowledge.

[​IMG]

2. Paradox1 Registered

I am by no means is trying to argue the point of Laurel bringing Sara back. However to be fair Oliver heard the same warnings about Thea and ignored them as well. Anyway I am only talking about Laurel needing to know.You don't leave someone you know could be dangerous in the care of friends without telling them. it's reckless especially in the situation Laurel and Thea are where they put their lives in each others hand night after night.

3. Aejej Registered

I thought last night's episode was one of the better ones I've seen.

Time to check out Constantine on the El Rey Network!

4. Nathan Registered

He only got warnings from one person. And that person also happens to be a manipulative bastard. Yes, he knew that people who go into the Pit come out differently, but his only other choice was to let her die when he has a chance to still save her life. And there's a giant difference between saving a life that can actually still be saved, and bringing someone back from the afterlife. Laurel's sister was already dead. Oliver had to choose right then and there, save his sister, or let her die. But sorry, that's not a choice.

You didn't see him trying to use the Pit on his Mother or Tommy, two people he loved. There's simply a line you don't cross. And Laurel didn't just cross that line, she leaped over it.

I could be wrong, but I think at the very least Diggle was supposed to keep an eye on her. Especially since he knew she went into the Pit. So it's not like no one knew. Only the one person that is a chronic screw up was kept out of the loop. And of course once that person found out, well, you saw what happened.

5. Paradox1 Registered

I'm not trying to argue the point whether it is wrong or right to bring Sara back. It was the wrong decision without all the needed information but I don't blame her for making it. Anyone in her position would and lets be honest the only reason Sara came back and not Tommy, or Moira is story reasons.

6. Rowsdower! Registered

Loved seeing Matt Ryan back as Constantine. I hope this isn't the last we see him in the role; he's brilliant in it. Having Oliver meet John on the island was pretty stupid though. It just didn't seem to fit and his "debt" to Oliver was basically owing him for pushing him out of the way. I feel like this show should occasionally break format with its flashbacks and show one that's out of sequence once in a while; like revealing that Oliver met John when he was in China or Europe or somewhere.

That aside, I'm glad that we got a little more Constantine. Hope it's not the last time.

7. Boy Scout Registered

I'm fairly certain that isn't true.

8. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

People would complain if they did that too.

9. yonny616 Registered

LMAO All this Laurel hate.

10. famicommander Registered

The rating for last night adjusted up one tenth to a 1.1, which is actually up two tenths versus last week but dead even with episode five from last season.

So Constantine may indeed have bumped the ratings slightly, but not to the degree that Barry/Flash does when he shows up. The major crossover did a series high for Arrow and the other episodes Barry appeared in were slightly higher than normal.

11. luis4u Registered

12. Hunter Rider Ronin

I'm not a magic fan and have never read any Constantine books but I enjoyed the ep and the two stories connecting together with him and Ollie, plus the way they visually realized saving Sara's soul worked pretty well IMO. Hopefully they use Constantine again.

I also dug Lance and Digg working together, it was a change of dynamic for both and an interesting clash of personalities that are used to being the disapproving voice. I have to think there is more to Digg's brother than what Dahrk has presented.

Sara's mission to Terminate Thea was good stuff and brought more of Thea's issues into the light, I thought Sara being resurrected stemmed her Pit side effects but it looks like they are going to need to find another way.

Ollie had good scenes this week with Felicity and Thea and a conflicting argument with Laurel that brought up a couple of things that I wasn't expecting. I also like the Mayor storyline, is this campaign strategist guy Thea's new (unworthy) boyfriend?

5 eps in and I'm loving this season.

13. Boy Scout Registered

:funny:

14. DarthDorranceBane Registered

Anyone else catch the shot at NBC?

15. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I didn't know what you meant at first, but then I just saw an article that explains it LOL

16. Adanu Registered

Episode about broke my desire to keep watching this series, honestly. I actually registered just so I could vent about how incredibly ridiculous Laurels character has become, and how somehow yet again she seems to be escaping consequences for her blindness.

At least when she was an addict Oliver put her in her place eventually, this feels like they're giving her a 'woman pass', and the same with Thea.

17. Boy Scout Registered

EDIT: Never mind, found an article. Seems like a stretch to me.

18. DigificWriter Registered

The peacock feather thing wasn't a "shot" at NBC; it was the writers of the episode having some good-natured fun with the cancellation situation.

19. zenith16 Registered

it like a protecive talisment cause Constantin said the iland was weird hot spot it's self. sadly too much happen's on that island. I said it once before every nasty thing he met can't have been from that island. How ever the writers seem to be making it so. sadly . it was a cool episode regardless

yes they said as much in season 2 and 3 that thea is like a sister to her and laurel and her own sister grew up in the queen's house as well despite their dad dis liking them(mostly oliver) before Oliver started dating and banging both sisters at the same time. Man HE wAS A JERK AS A TEEN THOUGH HIS MIDE 20'S

oh I see that your not protecting her

the thing is this is what both i and primal slayer both feared that the writers will have laruel act in a way that even we (even boy scout) that have be in her corner hope she improves in all place's and the fan hate would go way for atleast two year's . but the writers of the show just can't have that.

she must play the game with oliver in I 'll top you in the worst chose ever made and act overly stubborn and dense about it., while it's smaking you in the face.

but in this case she was acting insane. even both her dad and Oliver stated people are dying out there.that
    s what need to enter her head . but didn't tile they corned sara in their closed down club.

the writers I'm sure should have seen this coming. it's not like this hasn't happened to comic's characters (with both DC and marvel) yet they still try to push them in our face's and "claim they don't under the hate?" they know why. no one that makes these thing's can be that out of touch with the audience. the character of laural in this show wasn't done any favor's by making her this way .

but also what the others forgot prior to sara finding thea in laurel's and her own apartment when both felicity and oliver discovered it was thea, sara was after. what did thea do when she saw it was her brother calling her?

Thea cut's the call , stating her self "I don't need your judgment"

That said I'm also kinda tired about hearing from some certain poster how it wasn't her or his business to know about thea or tell captain lance what they need to know when it's about them selvs some related to them. .

since this show has overly pushed how the Lance girls as I said have spent most of their time growing up time at the queen's mansion/house hold . the real thing at play here was as soon as thea was put into the pit he was in his under cover plan /deal with Ra's to stay in nanda par bot and become the apprentice to Ra's .
    Oliver then simply didn't have the time when thea was brought back.

I'm sorry I don't want ear it's none of their business again. that was used with the" Laruel should tell her dad about sara's death " and it didn't compute then ether. which both loki and Nathan which you are in a heated conversation agreed with me back then too about that excuse of it's "none of their business." (I'm aware you didn't say tha tParadox1, it was another poster )

Det, turned captain Lance had a partner ship with Oliver and Oliver said he look after sara prior to them giving her over to the league in season 2.

The best Oliver should have done before he left for ra's country the first time around was give larval a dead line like two weeks or a week . this way he wouldn't have had a angry captain lance in the ally way.

so in some wayI'agree with you Oliver is indeed a hypercrite after the entire event with defeating ra's, he just up and left and with horny felicity (<<just for that fact) and couldn't be bothered to tell his own sister's that there might be complications with her self while he's away and left laurel out in the dark. And even if diggle knew . but Diggle was too busy being conflicted over what Oliver did to his family and just wanted not to see oliver cause he was likely to punch him again back then. he was inthe mind set to notice and after 6 moths still didn't notice that's how bad he was after what ent down last season. so a second persong looking after thea should made sens but this stuff doesn't orrcure to oliver. plus horny next me to mmmmmmmmm oy oliver.

it was only til now when he bought lair 3.0 that he discided to start being more open. but there still stuff that will come to biet him in the ass cause he chose to forget them . it's just how the show is. I ws also the one that there will more secret's ist a nasty habit he picked up from people around him. they tought him too well. seem to be the only he learned from cild hood sadly.

Oliver needs to lead by example cause most of his bad habit's sadly most of team arrow picked up and copied from him and what was passed on from his parents.(some of it waller too, but mostly his parents)

#119 zenith16, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  20. Micromind New World New Rules

Not exactly true.

Reports indicate that there was some increase in the key demographic viewer ship, I suspect it would have been more if NBC show was a bit more popular.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/empire-ratings-steady-cma-awards-down-arrow-constantine-crossover-abc-fox-1201609014/

21. Guard82 Registered

I really enjoyed Constantine as a guest star. Matt Ryan steals every scene he's in. Constantine's role in the plot was a nice way to bring about the restoration of Sara's soul, and to introduce Team Arrow to the supernatural in general. I hope Matt Ryan will make more guest appearances in the future.

That scene where Constantine makes Felicity get him a peacock feather just so he can scratch an itch was hilarious. :) It was also funny when Felicity commented that she was glad that, for once, Oliver's new guest wasn't a beautiful woman from his past. LOL

I also liked how just about all of the main cast members had their moments in the spotlight in this episode. It was also good to see Oliver and Laurel reconcile with each other in the end. And now that Sara's soul is restored, I'm excited to see what she'll do in the coming weeks.

22. Batsfan1 Registered

She was assigned to that case, didn't want the death penalty and trashed herself for it to the point of not wanting Oliver to be nice to her because of it. But even Thea was against Moira for awhile.
    That doesn't change any of the times he did and didn't learn an ounce from it. But he still hasn't learned anything, because he is still lying to people, was lying to people until he had to tell the truth with Thea, and is yelling at people for keeping secrets.
    She did the same thing he did, making his judgment hypocritical.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

23. Batsfan1 Registered

That's really offensive, especially considering Oliver has consistently gotten a "man pass" for his far worse and far more harmful actions and has escaped real consequences.

24. Batsfan1 Registered

Thea was dead. No matter how you cut it Oliver crossed the same line Laurel did. And it is a choice. It's all a choice. A thoughtless choice considering what nearly happened because of it. Much like Laurel's.
    That was never hinted at and the situation was never addressed by anyone as that being the case. Oliver has screwed up far worse, far more often and with far bigger consequences than Laurel.

25. Batsfan1 Registered

That was because he saw her as prize or as delusional attachment, not because he cared about her. He's never cared about her. His own actions since the very beginning of the series have shown that.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life