Ashanti and Ali Larter join Resident Evil: Extinction

SapphirePrima said:
I'm not a fan of the games but I quite enjoyed the second way more than the first. So you're saying it's a bad movie and adaption?:confused:

Who's nurse Betty btw?

I find the first one at least watchable but it is still pretty terrible compared to the games. The second one...there is just no words. It's like Anderson TRIED to be more faithful and capture the games atmosphere but just failed miserably. One viewing of that movie was enough.

J Alba's Lover said:
i'm probably the only one in the world that likes these movies.

Nope. It seems there are alot of people who like them considering they keep pumping them out. But I would bet that a majority of these people who like these movies are probably not that familar with the games. These movies would probably be bringing in a hell of alot more profit if they actually pleased fans of the game.

yeah but these games are a lot like the comic book fans. there not really made for the people who really play the games or read the comics. ther etowards the normal average movie goer. it might be a small percent thats toward the actual gamer/comic people.

J Alba's Lover said:
yeah but these games are a lot like the comic book fans. there not really made for the people who really play the games or read the comics. ther etowards the normal average movie goer. it might be a small percent thats toward the actual gamer/comic people.

I am getting sick of hearing that. I know of course you got to please the general public but if your not even gonna please the audience that made the source popular in the first place don't even ****in bother. And even apart from pleasing the fans the movie is still all around horrible. I am sorry but I honestly cannot see how these movies have made so much money. They are just ****ing terrible. Why adapt something that is well liked and popular just to change it up?? It makes no sense.

They may not be faithful(which sucks so much cause RE would make kickass movies:() or good...or well done or acting and...everything is pretty bad.

But to watch for the **** of it they're decent. Though I've only seen the first once. RE2 comes on cinemax occasionally:o

I wasn't attacking you personally just that attitude in general. It's like asking for Hollywood to take something you enjoy and to do whatever they want with. I just don't understand it.

zer00 said:
They may not be faithful(which sucks so much cause RE would make kickass movies:() or good...or well done or acting and...everything is pretty bad.

But to watch for the **** of it they're decent. Though I've only seen the first once. RE2 comes on cinemax occasionally:o

Was Romero's script any good?? I hear it was. But also after watching Land of the Dead it is not easy for me to believe it was.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I wasn't attacking you personally just that attitude in general. It's like asking for Hollywood to take something you enjoy and to do whatever they want with. I just don't understand it.
guess your not the biggest fan of last years FF huh?

i mean why would it. about every single person on this board said it was horrible. and a sequel should be made to such a piece of crap film. and don't even get started on there opinions of those casts in the roles.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Was Romero's script any good?? I hear it was. But also after watching Land of the Dead it is not easy for me to believe it was.

Oh it was way better than the Movies we had to endure, but that's actually not saying much. Let's see what I can still recall.

Ok for a start, all the characters we knew from the first game were there. A few changes were that Barry is big black dude and Chris I think was changed into a forrest ranger. The Mansion and the Monsters were all there, which would be one of the negative aspects because there was one monster after another, totally overdid the Monster count.

Really bad decision, Wesker got decapitated. Well, that's practically all I can remember. =/

RedIsNotBlue said:

I had no problem with Land of the Dead:o

J Alba's Lover said:
guess your not the biggest fan of last years FF huh?

i mean why would it. about every single person on this board said it was horrible. and a sequel should be made to such a piece of crap film. and don't even get started on there opinions of those casts in the roles.

That had nothing to do with anything:up:

I actually enjoyed FF. It had problems though and definitely didn't deserve as much money as he it earned in terms of quality and I don't blame Story like I blame Anderson because he had to deal with FOX. If Story can get a movie like Singer got with X2 FF2 can be great.

zer00 said:
That had nothing to do with anything:up:
he was talking about comics and games that wheren't that close to the material. and i figured he feel the same way as everyone ewlse. i'm not trying to start anything

zer00 said:
I had no problem with Land of the Dead:o

Wow really?? I like Romero's older stuff but recently he has been giving us **** IMO.

I often wonder how you can mess videogame adaptions up. I mean everything you need is there. The characters, atmosphere, story, setting, monster designs. How hard is it to bring all this simply to life?

Sure don't just copy every single step of the game, but also don't change everything that it's barely recognizable anymore from the source. Change some of the conversations, add and bring some new twists into it, but stay faithfull to the source.

J Alba's Lover said:
he was talking about comics and games that wheren't that close to the material. and i figured he feel the same way as everyone ewlse. i'm not trying to start anything

FF was close to the material aside from Doom.

J Alba's Lover said:

You're saying the FF movie is as unfaitfhul as the RE movies? Either you've never read an FF comic or you've never played an RE game. I'll assume both since I doubt you do anything other than make alba avatars.

Nathan said:
I often wonder how you can mess videogame adaptions up. I mean everything you need is there. The characters, atmosphere, story, setting, monster designs. How hard is it to bring all this simply to life?

Sure don't just copy every single step of the game, but also don't change everything that it's barely recognizable anymore from the source. Change some of the conversations, add and bring some new twists into it, but stay faithfull to the source.

Gans accomplished it with Silent Hill. I loved Silent Hill. I wished it would have scored huge at the box office so we would certainly get more adaptations like it.

zer00 said:
You're saying the FF movie is as unfaitfhul as the RE movies? Either you've never read an FF comic or you've never played an RE game. I'll assume both since I doubt you do anything other than make alba avatars.
or should i say not the material but the people cast. and no i've haven't played RE in years.

My personal top Game adaptions are

1. Silent Hill(genius)
2. Mortal Kombat(It wasn't as faithful as it could be but still good)
3. Doom(oh **** off. It tried to not be a ****ty game adaption. with character development and good action and a decent story. it should have been more faithful but it traded real hell for a figuritve hell atleast instead of going with just zombies. Still decent IMO)
4. Super Mario Bros. (come on...how can you not say that's hilarious)

RedIsNotBlue said:
Gans accomplished it with Silent Hill. I loved Silent Hill. I wished it would have scored huge at the box office so we would certainly get more adaptations like it.
speaking of that silent hill. but that movie just bored the hell out of me.

RedIsNotBlue said:
The general public is not ready for a man with a pyramid for a head and a 30 foot long sword hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"