Comics ASM #568 spoilers New ways to die starts here...

TMOB: It's apparantly not all that difficult for a few of us to do...lol...

I am honestly very glad some fans, specially some of you old timers can still like it. No probs with that.

I mean, like i've said before, it is not like i don't want to like it. I REALLY REALY want to like my favorite character.

But as the other poster said, it's not bad if you can get past the premise and ignore a bunch of things. I'm just one that can't.

I don't like them saying things never happened that did the past 20 years.

Nor do i like the fact they had Pete shape a whole new world based on dealing with the devil. This brand new day is just so poorly written and forced, as many have said too many times.

But, the fact is, i am WANTING to read and LIKE spidey....this guy just isn't him. And it isn't even about just the marriage to me, but about so many things they've screwed around with that didn't need to be "fixed"....and for what end???

I'm sure someone has already thought of this but it all just clicked for me (sorry in advance if anyone already posted something similar but i dont have the time to look through the thread). It obviously makes sense why we all think Eddie Brock is Anti-Venom. But for those who don't think so then heres the not so hard to figure out reason why hes anti-venom. SPOILERS AHEAD

First off if you look at this pic http://www.reelcomix.com/admin/admin...anti-venom.jpg hes clearly in the the homeless shelter where we first see him in the new ways to die. Second...what ever mr. negative did to cure him of his cancer, I dont know...I dont know his powers but he clearly looks like the "negative" version of venom thus we get our white with the black symbol and a healthy and ready brock willing to kill gargan...I couldnt be more excited

This issue truly was fantastic, IMO. I loved how Eddie Brock seemed calm, but explosive at any second and oince again, Dan Slott does an amazing job along with the fantastic art by John Romita Jr. :word::spidey::up:

Hey, a cool recap of Spidey's origin and a villain montage that included the Lizard. I'm not complaining so far. :up:

I don't know what it is about JRJR, but somehow he makes the old fashioned simple layouts (5 or six panels, simple arrangement, nothing fancy) the best stroytelling method ever! I finally picked up this issue after having dropped the book midway through the Freak arc, and was thoroughly impressed! I'd read a review the previous day (my only way of keeping track of the slippery slope of ASM) that said Slott had turned things around, not made it fantastic or anything, but kept out a lot of the cheesiness of BND. So I thought I'd have a flick through in the store (mostly for JRJR's work), and actulally bought it.

Don't like the roommate situation, but everything else seemed to flow well and didnt feel too 70's. Could also be that there wasn't a new villain of the week too (honestly, original thought has really been lacking since the 90's - not one of these 'new villains' has been imaginative or threatening)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"