Comics ASM #568 spoilers New ways to die starts here...

Dan doesn't like us because we kiss his arse too much... :woot: :woot: :woot:

:csad:

At least it proves my theory about Miken Ayers having the ability to piss off everyone on the boards... :grin:

I mean even Spider-manhero called him a smart ass and he NEVER says anything close to that to ANYONE. lol.

i read somewhere norman still know's pete is spidey

We don't know yet, but the safe assumption for right now is that he doesn't.

i think newsrama interviewed steve wacker a while he said norman still know plus how do norman and the thunderbolts kno where pete is in the apartment

Still waiting for that big Unmasking story they promised to do. It seems like it didn't even happen the moment they did it....

For crying out loud, how do you try to hype things up when you acted like you were finally going to do the big story and just didn't do it because 'we had to get rid of the marriage'

Well, get rid of the marriage and leave the unmasking for some editors/writers who really wanted to do it.

I'm sorry, but having Slott on the board I can only say I'm sorry for him because to many readers, this is like a fake Spider-man and the real guy disapeared a couple years ago.

speaking of Dan Slott and how *devilishly* suave he is. (get it? I can make OMD references too! :yay:.....:csad:.....)

does anyone remember that Bendis claimed he had a stalker at one point?
now I admire any man that looks like michael *chicklis* (i think thats how you spell it...)
but cmon....seriously that guys WAS nuts.

EDIT: HAH! CHICK LESS! *

Someone needs to link that video of Dan the Man imitating the Vulture. That may be funnier than anything I've ever seen him write...

JMS told the stories he wanted knowing full well what was going to happen...

:yay:

With the exception of Sin's Past, OMD, an extra filler for BiB and The war at home....

And that's just the stories I know were tampered with and changed.

With the exception of Sin's Past, OMD, an extra filler for BiB and The war at home....

And that's just the stories I know were tampered with and changed.

Yes, his stories were changed... but at the end of the day, he knew that the end of his run was going to culminate on the end of the marriage... which is the point I was trying to make.

Yes, his stories were changed... but at the end of the day, he knew that the end of his run was going to culminate on the end of the marriage... which is the point I was trying to make.

Ok, I was just disagreeing that "JMS told the stories he wanted knowing full well what was going to happen..." cause he obviously didn't tell the stories he wanted. He knew what was going to happen but he was mislead in that he would actually get to write those stories.

Ok, I was just disagreeing that "JMS told the stories he wanted knowing full well what was going to happen..." cause he obviously didn't tell the stories he wanted. He knew what was going to happen but he was mislead in that he would actually get to write those stories.

Other than the Peter being the father to Gwen's kids, the only time (that I can recall anyway... ) there was a disagreement on the story was OMD... and the only reason that came to be was because in JMS' version, all the events from ASM #96-98 onward would have never happened, including Sins Past (which I think would have made JMS happy), but the death of Norman and Gwen as well, and the black costume, and all kinds of rich Spidey history... and JQ and Marvel didn't want that kind of reboot, so they opted for what we ended up getting (still not the best solution, but it still makes the history (almost all of it) still valid.).

Just my two cents...

The problem with JMS's writing espectally during the last two drawn-out years was that it was just 'well we haven't done this, let's do that' knowing all the time that it wasn't going to matter because all they (him and the EIC) talked about in interviews was about how bad the marriage was and that harry and Gwen should still be alive. Again, there was no reason for the Unmasking, if your goal is to promise people material that you never intend to draw out or explore you shouldn't do it and that was the big one.

JMS basically wrote three characters in the book all those years, it seems. I kept going, where's everyone else. Anyway, everything from The OTher (Which I still don't know what is about), to the UNmasking, to the Civil War, to the Black Costume, to the point where they just said 'we negate the story so that there are no consquences' is why BND failed. You either write to win or you make Peter Parker look like a sorry looser who doesn't think anything through and cheats his way through life. I mean, this guy looks really pathetic.:bh:

Other than the Peter being the father to Gwen's kids, the only time (that I can recall anyway... ) there was a disagreement on the story was OMD... and the only reason that came to be was because in JMS' version, all the events from ASM #96-98 onward would have never happened, including Sins Past (which I think would have made JMS happy), but the death of Norman and Gwen as well, and the black costume, and all kinds of rich Spidey history... and JQ and Marvel didn't want that kind of reboot, so they opted for what we ended up getting (still not the best solution, but it still makes the history (almost all of it) still valid.).

Just my two cents...

hmm...I've read an article about this also...it was taken way out of context. fans thought JMS was outraged by what they made him do, but he was fine with writing the story...

but was it confirmed that OMD was a story that was JMS' plan? I have seen later statements by him that suggest the story was dictated to him.

although he didnt want his name on the last 2 issues (since it was rewritten poorly obviously)

yet I have also seen statements, (pre-omd) that suggest he was going to take spidey back to his "roots"

one thing for sure is that he wanted to retcon the gwen bomb. and he didnt even get that...as you said

ah what a tangeled web we weave. :yay:

I thought it was a great issue. All I hope from next issue is that they don't use the routine "You take pictures of Spider-Man, find him for us." stuff.

Especially having Norman being there. It would feel cheap.

An good start for an promising arc. The return of Green Goblin and Venom is interesting and it's good to see Mr Negative again. Can't wait to see how the arc will continue

I haven't read ASM after the Freak Arc, so I want to know whatever happens to the Spider Tracer killer? Is the mystery solved?

An good start for an promising arc. The return of Green Goblin and Venom is interesting and it's good to see Mr Negative again. Can't wait to see how the arc will continue

I haven't read ASM after the Freak Arc, so I want to know whatever happens to the Spider Tracer killer? Is the mystery solved?

Nope... I think he's being taken to court for those murders circa ASM #582...

I thought it was a great issue. All I hope from next issue is that they don't use the routine "You take pictures of Spider-Man, find him for us." stuff.

Especially having Norman being there. It would feel cheap.

lol, its getting almost as old as the superman turns into another person by wearing glasses routine.

thank god for Christopher reeves for fleshing that character out.

too bad Tobey didn't bring anything iconic to the spidey character that was adapted into the books... :csad:

Wow, I actually enjoyed the issue. If you forget all the continuity problems and read it with an open mind, it is not really that bad of an issue.

Wow, I actually enjoyed the issue. If you forget all the continuity problems and read it with an open mind, it is not really that bad of an issue.

That's the problem with spidey comics now tho....

Before picking up an issue you shouldn't have to forget all the giant continuity problems and get to a state of an "open mind".

Spidey has all this bad baggage (the reboot and everything that comes with it) attached to it now basically.

IF...that's a big IF...IF you can ignore everything they've done and what they are doing with this deal with the devil and the world it created and history it altered and everything else...IF you can pretend...you can enjoy some issues that are "not that bad"...all these questions..WHAT DID THE DEVIL CHANGE...WHAT DIDN"T HE CHANGE.....WHO THE HECK KNOWS...LET"S WAIT A YEAR AND THEN THEY PROMISE TO LET US KNOW...on and on

You just gotta get to that point....lol...

Before picking up an issue you shouldn't have to forget all the giant continuity problems and get to a state of an "open mind".

Spidey has all this bad baggage (the reboot and everything that comes with it) attached to it now basically.

IF...that's a big IF...IF you can ignore everything they've done and what they are doing with this deal with the devil and the world it created and history it altered and everything else...IF you can pretend...you can enjoy some issues that are "not that bad"...all these questions..WHAT DID THE DEVIL CHANGE...WHAT DIDN"T HE CHANGE.....WHO THE HECK KNOWS...LET"S WAIT A YEAR AND THEN THEY PROMISE TO LET US KNOW...on and on

It's apparantly not all that difficult for a few of us to do...lol...

I'm no longer a full time reader because of all the continuity problems in the book.

New ways to die has picked my interest and so far its good.
but as soon as I see a dip in story telling in at least one of the issues...I'll be jumping off the event train. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"