Assassin´s Creed III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combat sounds more like Batman Arkham City, with the streamlined one button blocks and counters and the lack of lock on.

As long as the sweet ass counter kills are still there, I'm down for whatever new system they create.

Yeah. I'm keen to see how they change the choreography, since they said no repeated fight animations and that Connor is more of a 'Hunter/Predator'.

I hope the blood looks better as well. I felt it got a little too, idk, cartoony in look with the 2nd games and on. Maybe its because i haven't played the first game in so long, but i always thought the blog in that game had a more realistic look to it.

It would be cool if they included AC2, with copies of the PS3 version

16c55r8.jpg

4lK2n.jpg

s7fAJ.jpg

Ready?

assassins_creed_3_scan-2.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-3.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-4.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-5.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-6.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-7.png

assassins_creed_3_scan-8.png

I hope they don't end up playing too much into the Hollywood image of the Plains Indian. How this game approaches the whole Mohawk aspect is probably the most interesting thing to me at the moment.

I think if anything that past games have told us is that these guys do their serious homework when it comes to getting the history right.

Once the game, setting and protagonist was announced, I instantly thought of this:

Such an epic piece of music, I have no doubt AC3's soundtrack will be great too. Also LOL at the fourth comment of the video, looks like I'm not the only one!

This is gonna be so awesome. I can not wait to see how Ubi creates the story of the templars involvement in the revolution. It was so cool to see what they created in AC and AC2 and i can't wait to see what they do here.

1.) I so want a Tomahawk like that.

2.) I'm calling it....Charles Lee is a Templar. He dies in 1982 anyways and that always can be changed to '83...just saying.

3.) I hope Jesper Kyd has some epic and absolutely breathtaking music in this installment. He's always been on his A-game with the series, imo.

I'm really happy to hear they've redone the combat. It was one of the things I never liked about any of the Assassin's Creed games.

From what i'm playing of Assassins Creed 2 at the moment, the combat seems pretty good. The problem though, it's explained poorly and after something like 1-2 hours playing, it's still taking it's time, sloooowly, to explain what are, not very complicated mechanics. Having to trudge around and watch cutscene after cutscene just to get the basic mechanics of the game is becoming increasingly tiring, it's long outstayed it's welcome and become probably one of the most overly drawn out tutorials i'v seen in game to date. The other thing i''m noticing, the mapping of the controls become confusing, not because they are difficult but because the UI is terrible. Like Skyrim, it's more interested in looking cool and pretty than being logically and coherently functional.

That fellow who said the "yay batman" thing, I wouldn't exactly call Batmans combat very interesting . It's basically quick time events. The best parts of the game are generally when you are not fighting. Likewise with Assassin's Creed. It has alot of idea's (Assassin's Creed) but seems to do a pretty so-so job of implimenting them. Over-all, from having played abit of the first game and a few hours of the second, i'm not seeing this astoundingly amazing game the media make it out to be. Seems to be (like alot of games) hype and marketing.

I probably wont pick this new one up if it's one a steam sale, not feeling it. Not feeling it at all to be honest. It's just, abit eh. Not got that oomph great games have that feel compelled to carry on.

I had sworn off the Assassin's Creed games as I had really disliked II (I think I'm the only person in the world) but damn the setting and the added gameplay feature of this one really intrigue me. I just love this period in history. I'll probably rent it first just to test the waters.

This has gone above and beyond the rest of the series, imho, and that's just with the damn descriptions of what's to come. I absolutely love the AC series, and Altair and Ezio are two of my favorite gaming characters of all time, but dear god, this looks like a brand new franchise that I think I've been dreaming about all my life....and I never even realized I wanted it.

But I want it now. So. frickin'. bad.
This is going to be, to me, the gamer crack that WoW and Skyrim have been to the fantasy RPG crowd. I'm already calling it.....GOTY, bar none.

I hope that like Altair (mostly in Revelations) and Ezio, we can really connect with Connor. I hope that we get to see him as a child, or at least before the main sequence of the games. I realised with Revelations, that for the first time since the imminent death of Snake being revealed in MGS 4 I was genuinely moved by two characters deaths, I mean, I knew they were already dead, but now I had seen their whole lives. And if this story is also based around Desmond, the end of the world and the Abstergo satellite I don't know if they can devote the same amount of story to him.

This game better be at least 40 hours of story. :p

Its already been stated you'll see Conner evolve over a span of a few decades. They'll prob do it like they did in 2, with you seeing his early years prior to being an assassin, then some of his growing pains and eventually his maturity into a great assassin.

I hope there will be some references to Altair and Ezio, considering they're all part of the same lineage. Maybe he finds some documents written by the two that somehow made its way to the new world? I deff want some type of connection tho.

This has gone above and beyond the rest of the series, imho, and that's just with the damn descriptions of what's to come. I absolutely love the AC series, and Altair and Ezio are two of my favorite gaming characters of all time, but dear god, this looks like a brand new franchise that I think I've been dreaming about all my life....and I never even realized I wanted it.

But I want it now. So. frickin'. bad.
This is going to be, to me, the gamer crack that WoW and Skyrim have been to the fantasy RPG crowd. I'm already calling it.....GOTY, bar none.

The character is very good. Usually when you have these young buck carefree characters (which he is at the start) they come across as jerks from the get go and anything else that follows, you just want them hit by a bus. This wasn't really the case with Ezio. And when he f becomes "the hero" the transition feels natural without huge blips. The people in modern time (controling the ubisoft matrix) I hate though. They are very annoying.

I just rewatched Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans and I am even more pumped for this game.

Its already been stated you'll see Conner evolve over a span of a few decades. They'll prob do it like they did in 2, with you seeing his early years prior to being an assassin, then some of his growing pains and eventually his maturity into a great assassin.

I hope there will be some references to Altair and Ezio, considering they're all part of the same lineage. Maybe he finds some documents written by the two that somehow made its way to the new world? I deff want some type of connection tho.

Yah, I believe that young Native American was even Connor as his family and home will be destroyed. Which is better as a start than watching Ezio's mother give birth to him :dry:

And as for the references? I am sure we will at least get some about Ezio as the new world aspect was definitely mentioned in Assassin's Creed 2, and even that Discovery game was referencing America.

Love the look of that Game Informer stuff.

I can't wait for this game! I can't wait to add a new ancestor to the AC universe! It gives us a whole new character to explore :D

I just hope we get more POE action compared to ACR. ACR kinda used the POE as a prop rather than a plot point.

As long as the sweet ass counter kills are still there, I'm down for whatever new system they create.

Loved the counter kills. One of my favorite things was walking into a group of like 6 guys empty handed, disarming a dude and killing him w/his own weapon, then dropping it and turning weaponless to face the next guy, ready to do the same to him. :D Definitely made you feel like a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"