Assassin's Creed IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have the whole pirates soundtrack on at all times during this game, no joke. lol. Already listen to it while playing ac3

cKc1BAe.jpg

Awesome shot,Makes me want an Aguaman game!!

They should get Hans Zimmer to do the score!..
[YT]s17XDrKuqc4[/YT]

I want that in my life ASAP.

The pre-AC3 games intimately linked the past and present. While you were Altair or Ezio, there were clues that you looked for/discovered that only had meaning to Desmond in the 21st century, and you had all the puzzles that unveiled the history of the Assassins and Templars. In AC3, there's none of that, so it feels like two completely different storylines. There's Connor and Haytham; and then....oh yeah, Desmond's still wandering around the 21st century, right? And the latter was nothing but straightforward walkthrough missions, instead of anything mysterious or occult or fascinating. There weren't any mental challenges/puzzles in AC3, just regular gaming.

The disconnect was huge. It was just the one key, which was an afterthought in AC3 itself.

I'm going to be listening to the Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, and The Pogues while I'm pirating in AC4.

[YT]x-64CaD8GXw[/YT]

Just did the first ship sailing/ship battle in AC3 and it's made me very excited for AC4! Even just driving the ship was crazy fun, and the battles, yelling commands, bracing for impact, so much freakin' fun.

So is this a whole new "chapter" per se for the franchise? From what I understand AC3 was the end of the original AC trilogy.

So is this a whole new "era" i guess?

Yeah, because the bad guys (and good) can gain access to Desmond's lineage without him being alive, hence fans are believing his "spirit" lives on inside the program.

I'm catching up on this series! Finished the Brotherhood campaign last night & made a start on Revelations.

I'm catching up on this series! Finished the Brotherhood campaign last night & made a start on Revelations.

What's taken you so long to catch up?,lol jk

What's taken you so long to catch up?,lol jk
I almost stopped playing games altogether in my 20s, just played sporadically through the whole of the PS2 era. Gears of War got me back in and after a few years of that started expanding out & been trying to catch up on every major franchise. Haven't done too bad of a job so far lol.

So uhhhh, here's a total 'noob' question for all you seasoned AC3 players: Where do I buy bullets/arrows, etc? I can't see any obvious map markers for a store. I *think* someone back at The Manor might sell them to me, but I'm currently in the city and don't fancy traveling all the way back.

Honestly, at the moment I'm just pretty bad as this game haha :D No joke, it took me three tries to do the tea-dumping/protect Paul Revere mission. At the time I was playing it I thought either I just suck at it, or the controls are really unresponsive, but plenty of other people seem to play the game just fine so I imagine it's the former.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to do some side stuff but a lot of it confuses me. I went to do a 'Liberation Mission' and Conner just sat and talked with the guy, not giving me any clear goal. I tried to activate a 'Courier Mission' and nothing happened. Oh well, I'm still having fun, but I know if I can get the whole thing a bit clearer in my head and I'll be better at it, and have even more fun!

The stores are marked by a sign that looks like the `pound` symbol. I think you have to visit them before they actually show up on your map. There's three in each city.

And don't beat your self up over those side missions. As a seasoned Assassins Creed veteran, the side missions confused me as well. They are set up so you actually have to explore. First talk to the person than just walk around. It should give you the objective, but without actually telling you where it is. Either look up the location online or just explore the city.

So uhhhh, here's a total 'noob' question for all you seasoned AC3 players: Where do I buy bullets/arrows, etc? I can't see any obvious map markers for a store. I *think* someone back at The Manor might sell them to me, but I'm currently in the city and don't fancy traveling all the way back.

Honestly, at the moment I'm just pretty bad as this game haha :D No joke, it took me three tries to do the tea-dumping/protect Paul Revere mission. At the time I was playing it I thought either I just suck at it, or the controls are really unresponsive, but plenty of other people seem to play the game just fine so I imagine it's the former.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to do some side stuff but a lot of it confuses me. I went to do a 'Liberation Mission' and Conner just sat and talked with the guy, not giving me any clear goal. I tried to activate a 'Courier Mission' and nothing happened. Oh well, I'm still having fun, but I know if I can get the whole thing a bit clearer in my head and I'll be better at it, and have even more fun!

I usually don't have to buy that often. I get resupplied by looting bodies. And then after you get the upgrade that allows you to be resupplied by your horse, it's all gravy from there.

Pro-tip: Just hold down the "loot" button (B for me on Xbox), and simply walk over the bodies you just killed. No need to click that button several times for multiple bodies.

I'm suprisingly keen on this! I wasn't keen at all on the last one.

Silly name though. I would have called it Assassin's Creed 4: Seamen adventures .

I hope you can ride whales.

I must admit, the name does remind me of bug spray.

Yeah it's a bit lame. Doesn't really blend with 'Brotherhood' 'Revelations' or 'Liberation'.

How about Assassins of the Caribbean? Assassins vs Pirates? :p

I'm just reading the wiki about Edward Kenway and one thing occurred to me: I hope we're able to switch the hood/outfit to something more piratey. I know the white hood is like, a defining feature of the series but if I'm going to be leaping from ship to ship and sword fighting in a swashbuckling manner -I want a tri hat. Or even no hat. Not be forced to wear the totally impractical hood all the time.

I mean the hood's fine for sneaking through city streets and lurking in shadows, but pirating in broad daylight...you're going to look like a bit of a prat.

I hope it will change, but it's the fist game in the saga that I'm not excited about. Maybe it's because it doesn't look like a IV so far, at least to me.

What about it do you want to change?

cKc1BAe.jpg

Awesome shot,Makes me want an Aguaman game!!

They should get Hans Zimmer to do the score!..
[YT]s17XDrKuqc4[/YT]

Yeah, you can't help but get a Aquaman vibe when looking at that pic. Can't wait to do this in Black Flag.

One things for sure if he has to head any deeper under water he'll have to wear a dive suit that inspired big daddy's look. Carrying up a chest of treasure isn't easy to bring up from deeper depths. if they head that way i mean.

Oh and points to wolvie boy he called it.

• Spanish Retailer Leaks Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix Is PS Vita Spin-off

News
    on Mar 15, 2013 at 02:00 PM 4,112 Views

A Spanish retailer listed some information on the Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix game, which has yet to be officially announced.
    ... More
source:GI

Last edited:
The setting is what I really like about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"