Assassins Creed Odyssey

Only unfounded rumors at this point.

One is that it will star Amunet (Aya) and Bayek will be a secondary protagonist like Aya was in Origins.

Another rumor says Aya and Bayek's child will be the main protagonist.

Another rumor says the protagonist will be a descendant of Kasandra.

There is another rumor that the story will be set in China or Asia.

So the setting could be Africa, Greece, Rome or Asia.

Ancient China or the Roman Empire at its peak is what I'm hoping for.

My hailmary hope is a First Civ game.

I really really want a game set during the Hundred Years War with big battles, knights, lancers, cavalry charges and long bows. Have Kassandra return as the protagonist. She could be living in France under the name of Joan and have her be the person that inspired the legend of Joan of Arc. Or have her be in France during the war looking for a Piece of Eden and she becomes friends with Joan. Or go further and have her fall in love with Joan. That period and Joan are perfect for an AC game.

Ubisoft is currently having a sale on PSN ant the Ezio Collection is 80% off at $9.99. I think Im gonna purchase that

Just started playing this a month ago. I like to grind in games like this and am currently at LVL 58. I reached Mercenary Rank 1 a while ago and was surprised to be easily killed by a random Mercenary. When I reloaded the game and checked the list the Merc is LVL 80 and is 3 Tiers above me now. ??? Was there a new update to the game or is that normal. I can't imagine how long it will take me to get to 80.

I have been playing this for almost a week. I've finished two episodes and the game is so time consuming. The map is humungous, I've only went to 3 locations and 5 viewpoints, but I have finished like more than 20 missions from the message board, killed at least 10 mercenaries and right now I'm at level 15. I feel like I've already done a lot but looking at the map, I've only seen like 10% of the game.

I liked this a lot more than Origins. The side missions aren't so tedious as they are way shorter especially the bounties. Ancient Greece doesn't look that unique compare to Ancient Egypt, but for some reason, I like Ancient Greece more. The underwater areas are an improvement. I haven't really explored the other areas in the map simply because I might not beat the enemies because my level isn't high yet. So I've been doing a lot of side missions. The ship upgrades though... they are asking for so much amount of wood and I feel like that might hinder my game in the future, I hope not. I haven't really used the ship that much as I am focused on land areas but I like that its not for limited usage.

Now that I platinum'd Sekiro I'm going to go back to this game. They really overdid it on the size of this game I feel it was getting old and ir kind of felt like a chore exploring the lands...but my OCD can't leave a single stone unturned.

I'm to the point that I don't even bother with missions from the board just to move things along. Hell I basically ignore alot of the timed quests.

I'm to the point that I don't even bother with missions from the board just to move things along. Hell I basically ignore alot of the timed quests.

Yup, doing the same.
I have still a lot of fun but im at the point where i dont find or see many new things.
Its all the same, killing alpha animals, camps, looting stuff i dont need etc, trying to get all the question marks out of the way.
I have a ton of money and stuff, but nothing really to use it on.

At this point im just trying to get all things done, which feels like at least 20 hours away.
The game says i have played for 100 hours...thats just too much for me to be honest.
As good as it is, 10-20% smaller would have been perfectly fine.

I finally finished this! long review:
I quite enjoyed this and I liked it way more than Origins mostly because of its mission structure, ability to use a ship for travel and the map. The only thing I didn't finish is beating Arges. But all the side quests, mythical creatures/present day stuff for the Atlantis storyline and location objectives, I've completed them. I got 92% trophy completion which is probably the highest for me when it comes to AC games and Odyssey had the most amount of side quests so thats something.

The setting is amazing. For some reason, I kept forgetting that this is set in Greece and not Rome. At first, I don't think for AC game setting it looks unique. Origins was unique because of the deserts and the pyramids. But the more I saw of Odyssey, I noticed that it has so many nice locations. I love seeing the pink trees, dinosaur bones, the very huge human statues, lavas, volcanoes and the islands made from lava. The underwater areas look better compare to Origins though I wish it had more variety when it comes to aquatic enemies. My favorite locations are the salt sea and salt floors. The orange land, reddish mountains and one island had gold land look great as well. There's also this port when there's a lot of dead octopuses. Medusa's lair creeped me out, but it looks really good with the glowing trees. I felt like I was really in ancient Europe with the castles and riding the horse for minutes in the middle of a forest.

The side missions are just hundreds. The forts are more time consuming, so I prefer doing the altars, camps, temples, shipwrecks, anything that didn't have much objectives. I love burning the silos. The animals don't seem that unique compare to Origins. They can deplete the health meter easily but with the right timing they are easy. The chickens attacking me is so cute. One time, I arrived in 1 location and I was looking for the master animal to kill and I thought it wasn't there because there are only chickens, but one of them started attacking me. The legendary animals are quite long and challenging and you cannot leave the fighting area without restoring the health of the animal. The bore was the hardest. I didn't really like caves as that usually have the ones with the mask on, those enemies were kinda hard and the caves are dark. The tombs creeped me out but really helped me get the ability points sooner and I prefer them than going inside the pyramids of Origins. The battlegrounds are fun on land, but aren't on water. So I kinda avoided those. Killing the mercenaries, bounty sponsors and leaders got tiring. I thought if I killed a leader, there won't be a replacement in the location but nope. Mercenaries got tougher as I leveled up more, and I hate when I was in the middle of raiding a camp or fort, 1 to 3 mercenaries showed up and I had to run and hide. I spent a lot of money just to avoid the mercenaries. The cultists were more enjoyable to kill, and I liked seeing the cultists table being updated. And I wish I wasn't spoiled by the identity of the master cultist. I accidentally clicked a video of it.

The main story seemed short to me. Especially when doing story missions back to back. There was a day when I took a break from side missions and I finished 2 episodes (5 and 6) from the main story in like a hour or two. Ep7 was quite long though. The main story missions were also easier. I also got to see how Alexios die first in a scene with Layla, before to see the ending with his sister. I didn't expect that and I wish I hadn't seen it before the past period ending.

The other side missions / side quests, the ones with the cutscenes and branched to more side quests are so many. I thought I was almost done with the game because I was already in episode 7 of the main story, I was in level 52, my ship was in legendary status and I've checked out 97% of the location objectives, but when I started to clear the side quests in every location, it was really time consuming. The cutscenes usually take a minute so I usually skipped those, but those cutscenes always led to decision making which added some layer to the gameplay so sometimes I had to listen. When I played this, I picked Alexios and I really liked that there's an option for Alexios to sleep and flirt with men. That was so refreshing to see in a videogame. The mythical creatures were hard, that when I encountered my first one, the minotaur, I changed the difficulty from normal to easy and it was still hard. Plus those creatures looked creepy. It felt like I was playing another game.

I liked the abilities table. It was fast for me to figure which abilities to assign. Like I tried all of them and some are useless but having so many ability choices was nice. Healing, the one with the fire, the one with the energy surge, the poisons and the light flash, arrows from the sky are the ones I've mostly used. The abilities here are such an improvement from Origins especially they were easier to use.

The costumes here look pretty nice and its nice that there's an option to change the look while still keeping the stats. I loved the white horse with the pink effect. However, when I looked at the online store, the costumes look so much better especially the skins for the horse and the crew. I was tempted to get them.

My problems with the game: it's not really a problem but they lessen the amount of stores here. It only had the blacksmith for every island. And if there are things I missed from previous games are; renovating/purchasing stores, earning money from a bank without doing a lot, buying maps and seeing different stores. Alexios has no hq as well. I wish they would bring those back especially if the map is humungous as this. I really managed my money here but I always ran out of money especially the materials needed for the ship upgrades were too much that I didn't max out all the ship upgrades. Then the ship, there wasn't much use to it. I have done like 150 missions in this and I don't think I've used the ship more than the ship in Black Flag and Rogue. So maxing out the ship upgrades aren't really needed. A few legendary ships and legendary/mythical creatures in the sea that would have been taken out using by the ship were missing. The mechanics of the main missions were so simplistic. Aside from decision making, there was no mission that was technically unique. You aren't jumping from platform to platform or racing against the time or flying or being thrown. There wasn't anything of those in the main game and I was waiting for it.

The most annoying thing about this game is the lack of consideration to those who doesn't have an internet connection. When I started playing this, my internet was suddenly would be lost and when that happened, I opened ps4 to play Odyssey but I couldn't play it right away because it was checking for additional freaking content which takes like five minutes to go away. This happened at least five times! Second, I like that there's a manual save, however when I got to new locations and got some Xps, it doesn't automatically save. There were times that I was killed and had to go back to the other locations. So I always had to manually save/quick save so I wouldn't lose my recend progress. Then one time, I accidentally killed a cultist but was killed by another enemy and when it reloaded, the cultist was no longer there. Third, I dislike that the enemies can't be ten times lower than your level. Aside from the ones higher than you, the ones lower than your level is always 1 to 2 levels lower and they aren't still easy to beat. When I changed the level of auto scaling to light to defeat a legendary animal, I didn't feel much difference since the weakest enemies are just 3 to 4 levels lower than me. I think out of all the AC games, this one has the hardest enemies.

Over all I liked the game. I can't believe I've finished all of it in 1 entire month but still, I spent more hours to this than the other AC games. I still don't like Layla and the present day stuff were not good again. But I liked Alexios, Kassandra and a lot of the supporting characters in the main campaign. I'm gonna miss playing Assassin's Creed especially the next game will take a while to be released, since October, other than Watch Dogs, the Ac games were the only games I've been playing. Except for the first one, I've managed to play all the games in the main series plus Liberation and I don't think I would ever experience playing that amount of videogames in a franchise again, in less than a year. So I'mvery curious about the next game.

Last edited:
Finished the game a few weeks ago.
I wanted to complete it all, but after 100 hours i came to the point where i noticed that i became tired...thats when i pulled the plug and decided to just finish the main story.
I just couldnt, there were 2 islands left and 4 small "regions" but still i would say at least 50 question marks.
But i just couldnt, i couldnt continue and do the same thing over and over for longer.

I certainly dont regret the 100 hours, the game is fantastic...but just way too big for its own good.
I would say half of it would have been enough, slim the open world down a bit and put more focus and work into the main story and it would be perfect.
Because the main story is good, but underdeveloped.
And i dont know if that is because i have a bit of a glitchy game, but it also felt a bit unpolished.
Many cutscenes dont had crowd noises or looked strangly lighted, had weird animations and long loading screens.
The story with more drive would have been soo cool, the idea of the whole sibling thing could have been so deep and there would have been so much to explore with that...but in the end i think all you meet your sibling in 5 cutscenes.
There is not enough work put in fleshing out the characters, which is sad because they all work so incredible well...i would even say they are the most likeable since Ezio...and that goes for the support characters too.

Its a fantastic game that i really enjoyed, only it was too long and big imo.

I think you can ignore the time quests and message board stuff except for 1 location to unlock side quests that will reward you a trophy. I ignored time quests, ship bounties and message boards later on as I noticed they were just repeating stuff and there was like no end to them. for example, I went back and forth to 1 cave killing soldiers so I can get xp and it all came from the message board. I finished the game yesterday in level 67 (level 70 is the highest you can get). The

The graphics mostly depend on the lighting, so I usually prefer daytime as the game and cutscenes look better as opposed to nighttime. And the camera angles for the cutscenes are so simplistic and mostly the same, that it lacked the wow factor.

Fate of Atlantis (seeing it from a walkthrough) looks amazing and is set in a new location. But I don't wanna pay for dlc stuff.

Last edited:
VR can go away and I wouldn't care. So it can be exclusive to Facebook and I won't complain.

I think you can ignore the time quests and message board stuff except for 1 location to unlock side quests that will reward you a trophy. I ignored time quests, ship bounties and message boards later on as I noticed they were just repeating stuff and there was like no end to them. for example, I went back and forth to 1 cave killing soldiers so I can get xp and it all came from the message board. I finished the game yesterday in level 67 (level 70 is the highest you can get). The

The graphics mostly depend on the lighting, so I usually prefer daytime as the game and cutscenes look better as opposed to nighttime. And the camera angles for the cutscenes are so simplistic and mostly the same, that it lacked the wow factor.

Fate of Atlantis (seeing it from a walkthrough) looks amazing and is set in a new location. But I don't wanna pay for dlc stuff.

These DLC's are as long as some entire games and only cost $15 - $20. You can get 8 hours out of each one, and they are genuinely good.

I tend to overlook most DLC but Origin's, Odyssey's, and Witcher 3s story DLCs really are worth every penny.

Just a question for those who have either completed the game or im guessing are a lot further on than me (currently level 26) is their any way other than just paying to upgrade your ship?

This is probably the one area of the game I have neglected so far.

Just a question for those who have either completed the game or im guessing are a lot further on than me (currently level 26) is their any way other than just paying to upgrade your ship?

This is probably the one area of the game I have neglected so far.

Not really. Every upgrade for your ship cost resources and ancient tablets, and finally money. Try searching for some farming quests with the story creator mode. With those you can glitch xp and money real quick, buy weapons and dismantle them for resources.

If you don't want to do it that way, I then suggest the Athens wall run.

Not really. Every upgrade for your ship cost resources and ancient tablets, and finally money. Try searching for some farming quests with the story creator mode. With those you can glitch xp and money real quick, buy weapons and dismantle them for resources.

If you don't want to do it that way, I then suggest the Athens wall run.
Thanks for the info.

I started doing the ancient tablets recently only picked up about 3 or 4 so far, I have read they are used for upgrading your ship but what exactly do they do as I found 2 of their locations last night but it didn't seem to do anything to upgrade the ship.

They don't do anything, just another resource to collect.

I have only maxed out 1 ship upgrade and unlike Black Flag and Rogue, theres really no need to get all the ship upgrades, as theres no legendary ships to sink, no ship upgrades percentage to look at. So its almost pointless to get hundred of thousands of those material needed for the maximum ship upgrades.

Anyway, I played this last week, months after I thought I finished it. I finished 3 side quests, two had story trophies then completed a bunch of really short errands and killed a lot of mercenaries and Im 1 placement away from being the top mercenary. I still didnt reach level 68.

The only one I still didnt finish is the giant creature in the volcano.

Thanks for the info.

I started doing the ancient tablets recently only picked up about 3 or 4 so far, I have read they are used for upgrading your ship but what exactly do they do as I found 2 of their locations last night but it didn't seem to do anything to upgrade the ship.
You do need the ancient tablets, I just cannot recall where do you use them, but you need them. Plus getting them will give you ability points if Im not mistaken.

You do need the ancient tablets, I just cannot recall where do you use them, but you need them. Plus getting them will give you ability points if Im not mistaken.

You're thinking of the ancient stele in the caves.

Tablets go towards your ship, but don't do anything, they're just a form of currency for upgrading.

Thanks again everyone made a bit more progress last night so im currently level 29. Its annoying as every level 29 weapon I currently have is a heavy blade which I hate using lol.

Have upgraded the ship's hull once, arrows twice and now added the fire braziers. Going to try and just work on the ship again tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"