Finally got around to watching it and i liked it well enough.

Wasn't a big fan of how the OG tribe just disappeared. I expected to see them in the final battle but nope.

For the third film...can we please get past this age old "boys are the warriors, females are sweet and healers, mother is fiesty, son is the screw up" that he did with this film? Especially with them not being human.

When we get to the fire tribe i really hope its their version of Amazons or something.

‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ Crosses $2B At Worldwide Box Office – Deadline

5xSsh4V.gif
About time haha. There’s a whole bunch of top directors waiting for their first $1B film while the $2B mark is no longer special for this dude.

Especially now that it won't have the "zero cultural impact" thing hanging over it.

It was lucky to make more money than Piranha 2 :o
Yeah, that was supposed to be its main water-film competition so something’s …fishy :dry: that it’s made so much more. Obvious corruption.

It's all lies. Disney is paying cinemas to cook the box office numbers. That's why the budget of the film is so high and that's why they can't pay critics for great Marvel reviews anymore. :o
The Eternals RT critic bribe budget was all diverted to Avatar IMAX cinema heads. Disney need to increase their overall bribe budget if they want to stay in the game on all fronts!

Roughly $550 million more and Way of Water will have grossed as much as all three of Marvel's 2022 theatrical releases combined.

Hope Disney doesn't cancel the MCU just to focus on the Avatar Extended Cinematic Universe :funny: :o :D

Roughly $550 million more and Way of Water will have grossed as much as all three of Marvel's 2022 theatrical releases combined.

Hope Disney doesn't cancel the MCU just to focus on the Avatar Extended Cinematic Universe :funny: :o :D

Oh, Disney has far more nefarious plans.

“So Jim, technically, Captain Marvel could fly to Pandora, correct?”
Haha, I was just about to say they would be thinking of crossover dollars and suddenly it's all integrated into the MCU. :D

Wouldn't mind if Avatar CGI at least made its way over.

“So Jim, technically, Captain Marvel could fly to Pandora, correct?”

Haha, I was just about to say they would be thinking of crossover dollars and suddenly it's all integrated into the MCU. :D

We all know crossovers are coming, especially considering all the IP Disney has to play with now...

Han Solo/Winter Soldier Buddy Adventures
Kevin McCallister/Ms. Marvel/Home Alone Christmas Special
Kingsmen vs. X-Men
Aliens vs. Predators vs. Avengers
Avatar/Guardians of the Galaxy/Cosmic Adventures
Indiana Jones/Ka-Zar/Zabu/Savage Land Adventures

**** just writes itself :cwink:

We all know crossovers are coming, especially considering all the IP Disney has to play with now...

Kingsmen vs. X-Men

The Home Alone and Indy Savage Land are my favourites from that list. :up::cool::D

Kingsmen vs. X-Men

Disney Cinematic Universe. But I suppose it will be confusing calling it DCU for short... :)

So... Can I now bet my future mortgage on Avatar 3-4-5-6-7 doing that much in BO?

You are betting that Avatar still gets China releases. They may be bringing movies back now, but we don't know what it will look like a year from now.

You are betting that Avatar still gets China releases. They may be bringing movies back now, but we don't know what it will look like a year from now.

China doesn’t matter as much to the worldwide box office for these Hollywood blockbusters as much anymore anyway. Remove the China gross for Avatar (close to 200 million) and it’ll still be on its way to make 2 billion in a couple of weeks.

Kingsmen vs. X-Men

Except the Ms.Marvel one - it‘ll be more like a Ramadan special…

Decided to revisit the first film and of course it was good for its time in visuals but you can tell how much they've changed between the 2. The first now looks like a video game cut scene

Decided to revisit the first film and of course it was good for its time in visuals but you can tell how much they've changed between the 2. The first now looks like a video game cut scene
Sure, a PS5 video game cutscene. When I rewatched it before The Way of Water I thought that the VFX for the main characters like Jake and especially Neytiri held up well but the CGI for some of the Pandoran wildlife looked a little sketch 13 years onward, like those hyena things that Neytiri saves Jake from. But that can be chalked up to the more detailed CGI artistry being reserved for the major characters similar to Thanos and Rocket looking way better than any of the other CGI characters and creatures in Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"