The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Thor was supposed to cameo during Iron Man 2. :funny:

I do! :hehe:

My feelings exactly.

And as a female, it's a matter of gender pride for me to see a female powerhouse more on the level of the Big 4 on this team. Or in movies at all. Just give me a true female superhero. If it can't be Wonder Woman, let it be Ms. Marvel. She's cool enough. :p

To be honest BW seemed like she was near Cap's level, plus I'm pretty sure one of the Big 4 isn't even a powerhouse (Cap).

Last edited:
We got his hammer. If we do get Strange in Thor 2, I wouldn't mind a cameo/hint similar to what we got in IM2

We got his hammer. If we do get Strange in Thor 2, I wouldn't mind a cameo/hint similar to what we got in IM2

Yeah that would be cool, because that's just enough to get us excited without being intrusive.

Yeah that would be cool, because that's just enough to get us excited without being intrusive.

Bingo. Making Dr. Strange a major character in Thor 2 detracts from Thor's overall story arc. Hinting is fine, cameo's are ok if they're subtle.

Bingo. Making Dr. Strange a major character in Thor 2 detracts from Thor's overall story arc. Hinting is fine, cameo's are ok if they're subtle.

Yeah I feel the same way about Thanos, I don't want him to actually be in THOR II just a few hints here and there.

Actually I wouldn't rule it major character crossovers just out of hand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's possible or that they should do it (not at this early stage anyway). I'm just saying that a Thor film could work with Dr. Strange as a major supporting character if the story called for it, but not Thor 2 (or even 3). Not while they're still defining Thor's character in the MCU.

tumblrm43vo9zsly1r2j1bk.jpg

Just because he's a part of the group in the comics doesn't guarantee he'll be in the movie. People's suspension of disbelief isn't infinite. And yes, MIB had the talking dog, but MIB was a comedy. GotG doesn't strike me as that.

Your right no will will ever take a talking Raccoon seriously in a superhero movie. Having talking animals movies should never be attempted...... Ever!!!:whatever:
[YT]a0-0G_CmTUQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Was that example supposed to prove your point? Because I don't think it helped.

Actually I wouldn't rule it major character crossovers just out of hand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's possible or that they should do it (not at this early stage anyway). I'm just saying that a Thor film could work with Dr. Strange as a major supporting character if the story called for it, but not Thor 2 (or even 3). Not while they're still defining Thor's character in the MCU.

Yeah, I think they could pretty seemlessly integrate Dr. Strange into Thor by making him a longtime friend to Jane Foster. He could possibly be the guy who introduced her to Dr. Donald Blake. It seems like it would be a good opportunity to maybe have him as part of the climax and he gets seriously injured, setting him up for his solo movie.

Last edited:
Eh, I'm actually kind of hoping that Dr Strange's origin takes place quite a ways before everyone else, sometime in the 70s perhaps. That way, there's room for a long period of training under the Ancient One between the start of his story and the present day.

Eh, I'm actually kind of hoping that Dr Strange's origin takes place quite a ways before everyone else, sometime in the 70s perhaps. That way, there's room for a long period of training under the Ancient One between the start of his story and the present day.

That's a good point. I don't know that his training has to go all the way back to the 70s but a good period of training, say 5 years or so, would be the way to go.

My feelings exactly.

And as a female, it's a matter of gender pride for me to see a female powerhouse more on the level of the Big 4 on this team. Or in movies at all. Just give me a true female superhero. If it can't be Wonder Woman, let it be Ms. Marvel. She's cool enough. :p

Co-sign. I want to see a variety of female supers on the Avengers. Loved Black Widow, but Ms. Marvel would be grand for the sequel. Also, Scarlet Witch would work for me.

I'm on board for a KKBB reunion with Val, Shane and RDJ if that rumor holds. But for the love of all things holy, no Milo Ventimiglia as Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
My feelings exactly.

As a woman, I don't see female characters whose superpower is super-strength as inherently better or preferable to those whose powers are based on energy projection, magic, shrinking, etc. In fact, an overabundance of heroes who rely on brawn can make the team unbalanced. Duplication of powers gets boring. Also, characters whose powers and origins are unique are preferable to those who are derivative of others.

That's why I would prefer to see the Scarlet Witch, Photon or even Wasp on the team, rather than Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk or Spider-Woman. Wanda and Monica are extremely powerful and adding them would give the team an extra dimension that it now lacks.

Has anyone heard anything remotely suggesting that Doctor Strange could be penned/directed by Stephen Moffat (Doctor Who, Tintin and Sherlock) and possibly starring Benedict Cumberbatch? Because, for me? That. Would. Be. Win.

It was something I read on Twitter, but have no idea if it had any basis or was just fancasting.

Considering that Wright has tweeted that he doesn't see why fans suggest Fillion for Ant-Man, I doubt that he's pitching him in the role-- along with the other two most fan-suggested actors for the role.

I'm going to throw something out there. I want people to tell me if I'm crazy or not.

Rocket Raccoon, as voiced and mocaped by Ian McShane.

I'm going to throw something out there. I want people to tell me if I'm crazy or not.

Rocket Raccoon, as voiced and mocaped by Ian McShane.

The concept of Rocket Raccoon in the MCU is crazy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"