Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

If Endgame can't topple Avatar nothing would really top it in the foreseeable future. Disney has slated Avatar and Star Wars films up to 2027 and I don't think any of them will really be out-grossing the 1st Avatar, except maybe the 2nd Avatar.
It might be hard for an Avatar sequel to really crack the $2 billion line if it's not both written and directed by James Cameron himself.

It might be hard for an Avatar sequel to really crack the $2 billion line if it's not both written and directed by James Cameron himself.
James Cameron would never allow someone two write and direct Avatar but himself. haha. Avatar's novelty would really wear off visibly for the 3rd film, I think.

James Cameron would never allow someone two write and direct Avatar but himself. haha. Avatar's novelty would really wear off visibly for the 3rd film, I think.
What about for the 5th? :D:

Some thought the same about MCU, and it's someplace else now.

giphy.gif

Yes, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Box Office Was Massive, But It Fell Short of Expectations

Are we just living in a day and age where "journalism" is making up whatever and passing it off as "news"? This is the second movie-themed article I've seen this week with blatantly false info (I've ranted about the other one enough in the Star Wars thread).

Not only in the headline absurd, the statistics are incorrect. Adjusted for inflation, "Gone With the Wind" is the highest grossing movie, then "Avatar", then "Titanic".

Yes, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Box Office Was Massive, But It Fell Short of Expectations

Are we just living in a day and age where "journalism" is making up whatever and passing it off as "news"? This is the second movie-themed article I've seen this week with blatantly false info (I've ranted about the other one enough in the Star Wars thread).

Not only in the headline absurd, the statistics are incorrect. Adjusted for inflation, "Gone With the Wind" is the highest grossing movie, then "Avatar", then "Titanic".

I used to be a statistician in another life and I have a long time saying:

If you have a large enough pool of people, it's going to contain idiots.

There are a lot of people who write.....

If you want to see the all-time adjusted box office totals, go to box office mojo. It's a really, REALLY stupid way to look at box office totals, but whatever....

The "Fell short of Expectations" nonsense is the hook to get you to read the author's word salad of nonsense. A BO record shattering opening week is pretty much guaranteed to have the same effect on the calculation of "legs" as Thanos slicing up Cap's lower extremities with the Infinity Sword. Isolating one misleading statistic from $2.6B AT THE BOX OFFICE AND COUNTING!! in order to make a hot take is just sad.

Well ...the only way to shut these type of journalism is for disney to release their event mcu movie in December. :D

Well ...the only way to shut these type of journalism is for disney to release their event mcu movie in December. :D
Which are all spoken for by other Disney movies for, what is it, the next 6 years? Even then, idiots will NEVER be silent. The most productive ways to deal with them are to ignore them or laugh at them.

They should have released it in December, I'm sure it would have outgrossed Avatar easily. But Disney knows the MCU doesn't need a December release date to be successful. They will always be a sure bet at the box office. I don't think they will ever release a marvel movie in December, atleast until the MCU starts to lose it's popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"