Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

I'm glad these tweets are backing up what I've been thinking all along. The marketing for this movie has been so deviously misleading. I like.
I think Marvel has been smart to hide as much of the story/action as possible while teasing the bare minimum to get people the most hyped.

I'm glad these tweets are backing up what I've been thinking all along. The marketing for this movie has been so deviously misleading. I like.

Me too. I especially love what they're saying about the movie being dark and centering around Thanos. They also described Thanos as "sympathetic"! :hmr:

Anthony Breznican
?Verified account @Breznican
2h2 hours ago

Non-spoiler AVENGERS: #INFINITYWAR emotions:, in no particular order: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not saying ANYTHING else.

FYI, those question marks should be emojis.

Source here

Last edited:
Daniel Alter
? @DAlter007

So #InfinityWar takes the Marvel universe to a whole new orbit.

Soooo "The Empire Strikes Back of Comic Book Movies," eh?

I'm not playing around when I hear or see praise on THAT level. I'm 1000x more anxious to see the film now.

Soooo "The Empire Strikes Back of Comic Book Movies," eh?

I'm not playing around when I hear or see praise on THAT level. I'm 1000x more anxious to see the film now.

I'm a little scared because they described TLJ as ESB or better. But I trust the Russos way more.

I haven't seen TLJ. Do people simply not like it or do they actually think it's a bad movie? I don't like The Dark Knight Rises at all, but from what I remember it was generally well made, with dumb/bad stuff here and there.

I haven't seen TLJ. Do people simply not like it or do they actually think it's a bad movie? I don't like The Dark Knight Rises at all, but from what I remember it was generally well made, with dumb/bad stuff here and there.
It's pretty much the same situation as Rises, imo. Well-made, but people have problems with some of the story/character choices.

I personally love it, and I agree with early critic comparisons to ESB as it is in fact my favorite SW film since ESB. So ESB comparisons here will not scare me. :woot:

They actually disagree on both I think, but it leans more to they don't like it. Personally, the cinematography and special effects and score are of course stunning and deserve praise. But the story is non-existent, the characters/plot doesn't move forward and it's overall just a very frustrating experience, especially for fans of the OT characters.

But anyway, I am loving the ESB references and comparisons. Sounds like the Russos have succeeded in making Thanos the Darth Vader of this generation.

Last edited:
I HATE it, it's my most hated SW film. It's well-made technically. But the plot is a poorly-written mess and some of the choices were just garbage overall.

So I both just don't like it AND think that it's not that good a movie (heck you could take the name "Star Wars" off of it and it just be it's own thing and I'd still think that it was a mediocre film at best).

It cannot hold a candle to ESB imo.

I'm guessing the ending is indeed [BLACKOUT]the finger snap[/BLACKOUT] as many of us have speculated.
Yeah I mean, they're not exactly being subtle about it. So much for non-spoiler reactions, lol.

Well anyway, I love what I'm hearing about the Th-guys.

These reactions are making me super-excited. Feels like it will need multiple viewings to take everything in properly.

Yeah I mean, they're not exactly being subtle about it. So much for non-spoiler reactions, lol.

Well anyway, I love what I'm hearing about the Th-guys.

Th-guys?

Thor and Thanos?

Last edited:
Sounds like Thor finally got his due, and in even more epic fashion than Ragnarok.

The levels of denial and bargaining in spoiler threads are insane :funny:

Boisssss i can already imagine the ****storm that's gonna be tomorrow. I remember walking home from TLJ feeling good then upon turning on my lap, bam the internet reactions hit me like a truck.

Boisssss i can already imagine the ****storm that's gonna be tomorrow. I remember walking home from TLJ feeling good then upon turning on my lap, bam the internet reactions hit me like a truck.

Awesome username bro :up:

More epic fashion than Ragnarok, now that'll be impressive.
It sounds like we’re getting Ragnarok Thor but on a bigger stage. Remember what the Russos did with Cap and imagine what they could do with Thor! :cool:

It sounds like we’re getting Ragnarok Thor but on a bigger stage. Remember what the Russos did with Cap and imagine what they could do with Thor! :cool:

I sure hope so

Would the finger-snap really be "shocking and controversial" as an ending though? Yeah, the general audience hasn't read the books and would have no idea, but you'd kind of figure at least a segment of these Tweeters in the industry would have, the geekier types. Not sure what to think here, it could go either way. It does sound like maybe it's something else we haven't guessed at though - just sort of feel personally like a lot of these people wouldn't seem so shocked if it just played out the same way as the book, at least a few of these people are going to be familiar with the source stuff.

Glad to see the Silvestri score delivers, too, guess the music clips should be hitting any hour now.

Seeing it tomorrow night!

Sounds like Thor finally got his due, and in even more epic fashion than Ragnarok.

Reading all the spoilers...i can't believe how "junior league" they (specifically JW) made Thor like.....

Th-guys?

Thor and Thanos?
Yep. It's because both have names that start with the letters T and H. I'm very clever.

Would the finger-snap really be "shocking and controversial" as an ending though? Yeah, the general audience hasn't read the books and would have no idea, but you'd kind of figure at least a segment of these Tweeters in the industry would have, the geekier types.
But I think that's what they're trying to say, that it will be shocking to the general audience.

Thank God we had Waititi taking Thor to a whole 'nother level of awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"