Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Powers-wise I'd expect he'd still be all amped-up like he was in Ragnarok, but outside of the Guardians stuff he'll probably be a good deal more grim & serious under the Russos I'd imagine.

Reading all the spoilers...i can't believe how "junior league" they (specifically JW) made Thor like.....

Hey hey hey none of that! :argh:

Powers-wise I'd expect he'd still be all amped-up like he was in Ragnarok, but outside of the Guardians stuff he'll probably be a good deal more grim & serious under the Russos I'd imagine.

.....perfect

Hey hey hey none of that! :argh:

.....perfect

I meant that in avengers 1 and AOU they made thor like a secondary character.

I am also a big Thor fan. So i was really happy with the treatment he got in T:R.....

And seeing all the rumours and spoilers....finally THOR has his moment in a avengers movie.

I meant that in avengers 1 and AOU they made thor like a secondary character.

I am also a big Thor fan. So i was really happy with the treatment he got in T:R.....

And seeing all the rumours and spoilers....finally THOR has his moment in a avengers movie.

Oh ok I misunderstood your post bro, yeah Joss Whedon definitely didn't care for Thor very much.

Thank God for Taika Waitit and The Russos :up:

Last edited:
I haven't seen TLJ. Do people simply not like it or do they actually think it's a bad movie? I don't like The Dark Knight Rises at all, but from what I remember it was generally well made, with dumb/bad stuff here and there.

ESB is my favorite Star Wars movie, but comparing TLJ to the masterpiece that is ESB is simply ridiculous, because TLJ is a steaming pile of cow turd and the worst movie in the franchise. :cmad:

Btw, I'm loving all the reactions for IW, and it looks like MCU is breaking all the rules for this one.

Except from what I heard, it sounds like it's not really doing that. It's more window dressing than anything.

ESB is my favorite Star Wars movie, but comparing TLJ to the masterpiece that is ESB is simply ridiculous, because TLJ is a steaming pile of cow turd and the worst movie in the franchise. :cmad:

Btw, I'm loving all the reactions for IW, and it looks like MCU is breaking all the rules for this one.

Agreed.... although this is not the thread...but TLJ is the worst SW movie by far.

They tried to make it more chick friendly....well i went with my wife and she hated that movie. She said it was the most boring movie of that year.

She loved Jumanji though.

ANyway....back to IW.....

i can't wait. Catching it in 14 hours. Though the spoilers look lukewarm...i guess view viewing it is a whole new experience.

Would the finger-snap really be "shocking and controversial" as an ending though?

I hope not. It would be a deal breaker for me. It’s all kind of bad in my book. Why not just make him poke his nose or fart out loud and the other half is gone too. It’s even more shocking. :funny:

I hope not. It would be a deal breaker for me. It’s all kind of bad in my book. Why not just make him poke his nose or fart out loud and the other half is gone too. It’s even more shocking.

btchplz.gif

Agreed.... although this is not the thread...but TLJ is the worst SW movie by far.

They tried to make it more chick friendly....well i went with my wife and she hated that movie. She said it was the most boring movie of that year.

i can't wait. Catching it in 14 hours. Though the spoilers look lukewarm...i guess view viewing it is a whole new experience.

I had the exact opposite experience. Saw TLJ 8 times at the cinema and loved every one of them, but couldn't get past 20 mins of Jumanji...

Broseph, what's up playa!

Where ya been?

Been around here and there, just busy a lot workin 6 days a week.

I dunno how long I can wait on seeing this movie I promised my gf we would go together and we aren’t able to go together until the weekend of like May 11. I’m dying already.

Even after last year's Vulture, Hela and Killmonger, people are still on that "Marvel villain problem". Maybe it's time to move on.
Everything else sounds great tho :hmr:

Been around here and there, just busy a lot workin 6 days a week.

I dunno how long I can wait on seeing this movie I promised my gf we would go together and we aren’t able to go together until the weekend of like May 11. I’m dying already.

Ohhhh man that's a bummer, I'll be sure to enjoy it twice as much for the both of us.

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/988752462990401536

Still thinking about #InfinityWar this morning. Worth noting, IMO, this is @RobertDowneyJr’s best performance as Tony Stark. When he spoke before the film, he said the actors were not in competition with each other, but rather with themselves to give their best performance yet.

https://twitter.com/DecentFilms/status/988745050262777856

So, #InfinityWar: Phase 3 ends with a bigger bang than I would have possible. Brolin’s Thanos actually has some emotional depth. And, in the end, they’ve written the biggest of checks for Phase 4 to cash. So how good #InfinityWar is…depends on the next movie. Again.

In that sense #InfinityWar is the ultimate MCU movie, far more than #TheAvengers which actually delivered a resolution. Fans get absolutely everything they could want—including, for the first time, genuinely shocking storytelling choices—but not closure. *Never* closure.

What is the single overriding creative goal of most MCU movies lately?

To make you need to watch the next MCU movie.

To play the viewer like a fish on a line, never landing it but never letting it get away.

So, again, #InfinityWar is the ultimate MCU movie.

I will say this: I don’t usually care much about end-credits sequences. Either I leave or at most I loiter in the wings of the theater. Last night I didn’t move in my seat. And I wasn’t even 100 percent sure there would be an end credits sequence, given what I had just seen.

Even after last year's Vulture, Hela and Killmonger, people are still on that "Marvel villain problem". Maybe it's time to move on.
Everything else sounds great tho :hmr:

Yeah the villain problem has been solved a while ago.

https://twitter.com/MrCamW

Avengers: Infinity War: A sustained gut punch but it never capitalises on its 18-film legacy, haphazard with emotional stakes (besides Thor, who gets the best arc) & so overwrought with digital carnage, it's a 3-star Marvel movie cubed

I won't bang on but 'Infinity War' evoked a lot of 'Temple of Doom' with its tone, much darker than anticipated, which applies to its overarching themes

But I did bloody love Thor in 'Infinity War', Chris Hemsworth gives an ace performance and has one of the best character moments of the whole franchise

https://twitter.com/cevangelista413/status/988756693776588800

Wow these Infinity War reactions are a lot more tepid than I thought they’d be...hmmm (I’m seeing it in a few hours)

Real talk, drop the subject. We get it, you’re part of the special snowflakes that can’t mention TLJ without having a temper tantrum. A lot of people genuinely love TLJ. They’re not wrong, you’re not wrong, but stop dragging this into unrelated threads with your sexist comments and whiny meltdowns. I’m so so sorry that a lot of people liked TLJ, I hope you can live with yourself.

More Thor praise, yes......yesssss I feel like He-Man when he lifts his sword.

Good, so we get the real Thor, instead of Saturday morning cartoon Thor.

I sure hope so

Plus they talked about being really excited about being able to use him. And one of them mentioned Thor when asked to name who they were most excited about getting access to in IW. All of those were good signs that they would do a “Cap job” on Thor. Plus Waititi also massively increased the base level to work from with Ragnarok. All looking good mate, especially with so many reactions specifically naming Thor as standout.

Wow. Looks like Thor and Thanos are the standouts from the movie.

Wow. Looks like Thor and Thanos are the standouts from the movie.

And those are the two characters I was the most excited about.

Thor of course is number one by far, but Thanos is a baddddddd man I'm glad he's being portrayed correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"