Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER User Review Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a shock to see how many of the heroes "died" during the final act as a result of the finger snap. Even though you know some are coming back, I was especially shocked to see Spidey, BP, Strange, Sam & Bucky go.

Originally had no interest in this, but I'll need to see it to see how it bridges the gap to Avengers 4

I would say A&W's post credits scene will likely be more disappearing shenanigans. I just hope Wasp doesn't go poof!

I still wish they'd somehow bring back Quicksilver in A4. I want the siblings reunited.

I a really hope so as well. When they killed him in AoU it was a big mistake as he wasn’t around long enough for the GA to be fond of him...fangirls/boys know who he is but not the GA.

Plus he had a unique power set within the group.

I would say A&W's post credits scene will likely be more disappearing shenanigans. I just hope Wasp doesn't go poof!

I was discussing this with a friend in work just now. If AM&W is running concurrently with Infinity War, will we see people in that turn to dust too? There will be a lot to tie in, continuity wise.

I guess that AM&tW will happen after Civil War, and then the Infinity War tie-in will be the post-credits thing.

That does seem plausible.

If one of the two disappears, I hope that it's Ant-Man lol. Sorry bro :cwink:

I was discussing this with a friend in work just now. If AM&W is running concurrently with Infinity War, will we see people in that turn to dust too? There will be a lot to tie in, continuity wise.

Evangeline Lily did say she is not in Avengers 4 much, so sadly that makes me think post credits, she disappears (and comes back with everyone else later). Then Ant-Man comes into the story for Avengers 4, which I see him having a role maybe the size of Strange's in IW.

That's how I see it playing out at least. I don't see people dusting before the post credits scene.

I a really hope so as well. When they killed him in AoU it was a big mistake as he wasn’t around long enough for the GA to be fond of him...fangirls/boys know who he is but not the GA.

Plus he had a unique power set within the group.

Indeed. :( It didn't seem to make much sense to me.

Maybe Wasp and Some of hawkeye's family disappearing is what gets them back in the fold

What if Banner finally managed to turn into Hulk and did a big thunderclap just as people were turning to dust?

Otherwise, why would they be put in a film having the title "Avengers" and be featured prominently if not considered so?

Have the Avengers re-assembled yet?

It strikes me that, in this movie, they are still in their "disassembled" state, which is part of why they lose.

So, I think that the question of who is an Avenger at this point remains open. For example, Spidey obviously feels proud that he has been officially inducted.

But the Tony/Steve rift hasn't been resolved, so the team is still in a shambles.

I'm guessing of course that the "assembly" will happen in A4, and we will get a different outcome.

Such an odd complaint to me. Characters aren't allowed to grow and change? Is there a rule that states he can never do anything about losing that eye? I thought it made for a fantastic moment in the film and allowed for some majorly cool cross franchise continuity. Who else but Rocket would have an eye lying around? LOL

Frankly having only one eye is a real disadvantage in battle and could likely get Thor killed against a foe like Thanos. At least it's a different color. It's not like he never lost it.

:funny:

I thought I was the only one who liked Pietro. :yay:

I also liked Pietro, as well as the eye scene.

I disagree. Wanda and Quicksilver are both Avengers in this film, from the moment they join the team. Even Hawkeye admits that to Wanda. Even the cintinuous tracking shot has them fighting among the team.

This would be as ignorant as saying that the Guardians aren't Avengers in IW - which they are, since the koin Stark, Strange and Spidey to fight Thanos. Otherwise, why would they be put in a film having the title "Avengers" and be featured prominently if not considered so?

:huh:

I don't understand this reply. AoU is clearly an Avengers film, and Wanda and Pietro are Avengers in the end. No argument. No one else is made an Avengers in IW. Heck, Tony himself says they broke up the band. But never the less, Thanos had more screen time in this film than any Avenger did, and the Guardians & Doctor Strange had much larger roles than the other main Avengers not named Iron Man and Thor. This is a 2 part movie, so the Avengers banner will make more sense when we see Part 2 (which appears to be a film more focused on the Avengers themselves), but Part 1 is less an Avengers film and more an MCU film. AoU was a true Avengers film.

:huh:

I don't understand this reply. AoU is clearly an Avengers film, and Wanda and Pietro are Avengers in the end. No argument. No one else is made an Avengers in IW. Heck, Tony himself says they broke up the band. But never the less, Thanos had more screen time in this film than any Avenger did, and the Guardians & Doctor Strange had much larger roles than the other main Avengers not named Iron Man and Thor. This is a 2 part movie, so the Avengers banner will make more sense when we see Part 2 (which appears to be a film more focused on the Avengers themselves), but Part 1 is less an Avengers film and more an MCU film. AoU was a true Avengers film.

So it is conceivable that A4 is the better movie? If so, my mind is officially blown.

edit: I don't understand my own reply, because that was already conceivable. The hype for Avengers 4 is too damn high!!!

Last edited:
I can't wait but it's obvious there are going to be some huge payoffs in A4. Things like the theme of "trading lives"/making the sacrifice when called for, Original 6 back together, Hulk/Banner, Tony / Steve, Strange's "this was the only way" (calling Tony's sacrifice?), Thanos - Gamora - Nebula... there's a ton left and I can't wait to see how it was all linked.

I feel as much as I love A:IW, it will be even better after we see the final act with all the setups and payoffs. Thank you, Whedon, for making this all originally possible but the Russos w/ Markus/McFeely are just off the charts in MCU and without peer. I'm very biased since CA:TWS and CA:CW are (were) my top two MCU movies but the Russos have seem to improved and shown me different shades and colours of the kind of movie/comic book story they wish to present, the latest being the company-wide crossover. I wish they could continue doing Avengers movies forever...

That's what she said.

:rimshot:

I can't wait but it's obvious there are going to be some huge payoffs in A4. Things like the theme of "trading lives"/making the sacrifice when called for, Original 6 back together, Hulk/Banner, Tony / Steve, Strange's "this was the only way" (calling Tony's sacrifice?), Thanos - Gamora - Nebula... there's a ton left and I can't wait to see how it was all linked.

Yep. Some people have said there's no character development for the heroes here, but Tony's long-running arc was obviously furthered, Vision gaining humanity all shows that piece of criticism is unsupported.

I feel as much as I love A:IW, it will be even better after we see the final act with all the setups and payoffs. Thank you, Whedon, for making this all originally possible but the Russos w/ Markus/McFeely are just off the charts in MCU and without peer. I'm very biased since CA:TWS and CA:CW are (were) my top two MCU movies but the Russos have seem to improved and shown me different shades and colours of the kind of movie/comic book story they wish to present, the latest being the company-wide crossover. I wish they could continue doing Avengers movies forever...

Honestly, piggy backing off the "trading lives" theme in IW and what you already discussed, I think it ends up being Steve AND Tony who have to trade their lives for everyone who was "dusted". They'll use the gauntlet together to stay alive long enough to reverse those deaths. Then...BOOM. They gone. I definitely think it's going to be Tony because you can't talk about "living happily ever after" and make it out. Though...

I could see a scenario where he intends on sacrificing himself with Cap to use the gauntlet, but RIGHT as they finish the reverse, Cap knocks Tony off the gauntlet to take the sacrifice alone. Tony, shell shocked because Cap sacrificed himself for him and because he wants the happy ending, DOES retire for good.

Well, I think that one way they may be handling it is the following:

This movie is actually the whole story, but it's the version where everything goes wrong. Just barely, but they can't stop Thanos.

A4 might go back to the crucial moments that lead to that outcome, changing the timeline slightly so that we get the same story, but the winning version.

It could be astonishing, really. I mean, if you follow the comics, there is some precedent for that sort of thing, but I think that doing it on this scale would be pretty stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"