The Avengers Avengers Score : Singular, Or Multiple Composer?

Intrada assemble! I'm glad this is getting a pressed cd. I was getting worried. Looks like there's more music than the download b/c the running time is longer. Can't wait.

There's one additional track on the CD: "Interrogation." I assume that's the underscore featured in that first 'Avengers' clip with Black Widow unleashing a can of whoop-a** on her interrogators.

I love this Avengers theme! It keeps playing in the background and it never gets old.

Watching the live stream of the World Premiere right now, and the Avengers theme just played in the background.

Very nice.

I love seeing the theme played over actual footage of the film in that featurette. It gives the footage a totally different feel.

When I go to see it on 26th April I will be humming the theme whilst waiting for it to start :woot:

I hope the full thing is a lot better than those 20 minutes that played over those set videos. Sounded really loopy and like Silvestri's GI Joe.

Bump

How was the soundtrack in the movie?
It was lovely, though the "main" theme isn't really in the video Watcher posted. I mean, that's an off-shoot of it, like a b-theme or something, but that's not the same theme that plays over the opening title or the closing scene of the movie. The main theme is basically what starts about at about :40 in in this featurette:

Also, Cap's theme definitely finds its way into the score a couple of times, but I didn't hear any of the other characters' themes (unsurprisingly, since Cap's is the only one done by Silvestri).

Yeah I did notice the Cap theme work its way in a couple times as well. It was subtle but was there.

The main Avengers theme is memorable, better than the work done for First Avenger and it is epic, as it should be.

I can't say that I'm too fond of the main theme yet, although I hope that changes when I'm watching the move and get more visual and emotional context to go with it.

Spoilers about the end credits sequence...which is like the THOR space one and CAP's March thing(not really a spoiler but I guess it counts):

The whole end credits sequence features the signatures and icons of the heroes like Cap's shield, Thor's Mjolnir, Tony's heart, etc. Alan's main theme really shines there!

I hope the full thing is a lot better than those 20 minutes that played over those set videos. Sounded really loopy and like Silvestri's GI Joe.

That's my only fear about this score it being another GIJOE. His CA:TFA score besides the march it felt like leftovers (the action music) of GIJOE and A-Team. It doesn't help that the Avengers, GIJOE, and A-team deal with a team of action heroes.

I'm in the mood to hear the clip of the helicarrier track :( I was feeling that one, but it is not in the b roll me thinks.

When does the soundtrack come out again ..sometime next week im assuming
Amazon UK says April 20th. May 1st is when the soundtrack (with all the songs) comes out in the US, not sure about the score.

Last edited:
Score for the movie is great and it turned out really well. I'd like it if Silvestri did all the movies from here on out and basically create the SOUND of the MCU.

This score is the best-case-scenario for what one could hear while looking at Jack Kirby art. Seriously, Silvestri knocked this one out of the park, then the planet, then the galaxy.

I had ideas for what I wanted the score to be. What I had in mind was something like "Peter in the Wolf" where each character is represented by an instrument and they all play the same motif. Play them all together and you have the Avengers.

Captain America would be Brass, Iron Man would be guitar, Thor would be Viola or heavy percussion, Hulk would be Cello or heavy percussion, if Thor isn't already, Black Widow might be piano, and Hawkeye would be electronic.

But I like what Silvestri has done, especially what he's come up with for Iron Man. The strings motif at the beginning of the Avengers Theme is awesome. Feels like you can hint at the presence/building of The Avengers without blasting the fanfare.

I also liked the score, and I confirm TheVileOne's comment that Silverstri wove in part of the CA:TFA theme seamlessly during a cap scene on the helecarrier.

Honestly it's a really exciting concept to think about: the MCU can be linked musically across movies, dropping in a character's theme when he or she appears on screen. It's one more thing that can unite the movies.

Silvestri resorts to cheap, childish themes for the recent blockbusters he's been scoring. Like Van Helsing, GI Joe and Cap'n America. It's all so generic sounding.

What happened to the Silvestri that did Back to the Future?

I also liked the score, and I confirm TheVileOne's comment that Silverstri wove in part of the CA:TFA theme seamlessly during a cap scene on the helecarrier.

Honestly it's a really exciting concept to think about: the MCU can be linked musically across movies, dropping in a character's theme when he or she appears on screen. It's one more thing that can unite the movies.

It would be exciting if there was any sense of continuity between them apart from Cap's theme. If Silvestri doesn't give a new theme to Thor, for example, I don't see why he didn't just use Doyle's.

Six movies in and we have a single recurring theme.

It would be exciting if there was any sense of continuity between them apart from Cap's theme. If Silvestri doesn't give a new theme to Thor, for example, I don't see why he didn't just use Doyle's.

Six movies in and we have a single recurring theme.

Yeah I do agree that there was a missed opportunity here since it was only Cap's theme I recall hearing. It seems like Silvestri easily brought it in because he wrote it. Who knows what the process of cross-composer theme-borrowing would even entail.

It just gave me hope that we could hear more of this kind of thing in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"