The Avengers Avengers Score : Singular, Or Multiple Composer?

Listening to some of the scores; I can't say that I'm not surprised that I heard some of Cap's individual solo heroic theme played subtly at times, let alone on how some of the other pieces had traces/notes of some of the music played from CA:TFA given who conducted them.

I can just picture that Helicarrier theme in the movie, that must be one hell of a moment.

Yea, the score in context with the film is much MUCH better than just listening to it alone. Especially in the assemble scene everyone's talking about.

The main theme is awesome though.

Also, listening to the score from beginning to end, I'm noticing the 2nd half of this score is MUCH stronger than the first half, imo.

dont care what anyone says, Cap and Thor have the best MCU themes...well at least for the individual movies, i have yet to hear any Avengers stuff.

So now that you've heard the score. What did you think of it? Is it better than his GI Joe, A-Team, or CA:TFA scores?

I think it's better. But if you didn't like those I don't think you'll like this. The action material is very solid but there's so much of it that it can be a bit overwhelming and they can mesh into one after a while.

I think it's better. But if you didn't like those I don't think you'll like this. The action material is very solid but there's so much of it that it can be a bit overwhelming and they can mesh into one after a while.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the score. I have a feeling I might be on the same page as you when I finally get to hear this. I am starting to adjust more to his current action music. I actually liked his A-team and CA:TFA score but it's not up there with his best action scores like some have claim. They're both good scores but nothing special, imo. Both lack some of the things I love about Silvestri's action scores back in the day. Though both are a lot better than his GI Joe score, imo. No matter how many times I listen to GI Joe it doesn't completely click with me. It's too bombastic and looses me halfway through the album most of the time. The album probably needed to be 20 min. shorter. The Avengers (Intrada) cd I believe is 76 min. I hope it doesn't drag. Especially with it containing mostly action music. Though I could be wrong b/c it's about 12 min. longer than the download. So it might have some more dramatic material in there. But I'll try not to keep my expectations set way too high on this one.

"A Promise" is about as beautiful a song as I've ever heard from Silvestri. I'm getting used to the theme; I think the percussion kind of throws me off an otherwise solid piece.

CA:TFA is still my favorite MCU score.

"A Promise" is about as beautiful a song as I've ever heard from Silvestri.
I have a feeling Joss may have had something to do with the sound of that track (at least in regards to the instruments used). It very strongly reminds me of the closing track for Serenity.

A Promise is incredible, I take it that closes out the film, and I can just imagine it being more powerful in context.

Hi guys, I'm watching this movie on Thursday, but traditionally I listen to every movie's score before going to the theatre. Is it out yet and, if so, would you recommend it, be it on its own or in context of the movie?

Last edited:
The theme and a promise are so good! Easily the best tracks. The rest is plenty strong too, though. Good stuff.

I swear; the hellcarrier music, especially from when it starts at the 1:00 MIN MARK; it just sounds so freaking majestic and epic, it definitely gives the film a more "this is more than just the usual comic book film that you've seen in recent memory" vibe from that score alone imho.lol, heck it reminded me of something that someone like John Williams would have made.

Listening to it now. "Helicarrier" REALLY reminds me of the buildup to Jackman's First Class main theme. So far the only track I've liked. Let's see how the rest go.

Someone else said it first, but the second half of the score is much stronger than the first half.

I've gotten to "A Little Help" and so far I tend to agree with you, it's getting better.

Yeah, I like the beginning of A Promise quite a bit. All of it sounds great though. Of course, I just listened to Assemble and heard some subtle Judge Dredd lol.

I don't think I like the main theme very much. The track "The Avengers" makes the best use of it, but I just don't dig it. Listening to the OST from the beginning.

Ok, when the track "Stark Goes Green" hits the 2.00 mark there is an awesome 80s urban vibe to it. Emotion- 80s style. Haven't seen the movie, but it evokes images of Stark brooding/thinking with a glass of Scotch in his hand. Amazing, and my favorite moment from the OST so far.

So, final verdict for me, it's decent, but (as I expect from Silvestri of late) nothing too special. A couple of brilliant moments, though, and I'm sure it'll work more in context of the movie.

The score is all well and good, but it's not as attention-grabbing as his previous Captain America score. But if the movie elevates the score, I'll re-evaluate my opinion on it.

I iterate it's quite enjoyable and strongly thematic.

Agreed 100%. Listening to it again this morning, I think it will work very very well within the movie. Still think the theme is a missed opportunity, though. Starts of well, but Silvestri kinda takes its epicness and power away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"