[B89] The plot holes & flaws.

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by The Empire Ape, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Swordmaster

Swordmaster Big Damn Hero

50 more by the end of the month :o

2. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Registered

Yes its a fantasy sci fi film plot holes happen ALL the time in them i remember lord of the rings gandalf is trapped by sauramon on his castle and he gets away by flying on an eagle so why didnt gandalf call an eagle to drop himself off at mount doom at the start of the movie? its a plot hole they happen and the more serious a movie the more appaerent they are no matter what you say B89 has its flaws but do they REALLY ruin an enjoyable fantasy film for you or are you one of those silly ultra fanboys ?who critic every small detail in a movie? BB has many plot holes too even though as i said they are more apparent in a more serious movie they dont ruin an otherwise good movie the flaws i dont like are purely in the spoken script, editing and the grounded in realism aspect which doesnt leave room for more comic accurate rogues.

3. Swordmaster

In Lord of the Rings, Gandalf didn't have the ring on him, for one. And two, Sauron would have noticed Gandalf flying in on a giant eagle and likely have killed him. That's not a plot hole.

And I never said the flaws ruin B'89. I love the film, though I do find it overrated (as I do Begins, and that's my favorite film). And many plotholes? I count 4 tops. But this isn't the thread for it.

4. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Registered

Please read my post carefully i said at the START of the film gandalf could easily have put frodo on an eagle to fly him all or at least part of the way and for a large part of the movie saurons attention is on gondor he wouldnt have seen frodo his eye isnt everywhere. its a simple obvious plothole (to me anyway) but i didnt create an entire thread when i thought of it on any boards maybe accidently but you come off as a b89 hater creating a thread to bash maybe your thread should have been called batfilms plotholes and flaws....

5. CFE

CFE The never-ending battle

Must we bring LOTR into this thread?

CFE

6. Swordmaster

Um...I kinda didn't make the thread :huh:

And since when am I a B'89 hater? Since I said it's overrated? I love the movie, but I find the story a little on the weak side, and Vicki Vale annoys the hell out of me. But that's just my opinion.

FTR, I hate Rachel Dawes too :o

7. Dr. Fate

Dr. Fate Registered

No! Please for the love of God leave LOTR out of this!

Ahem, please do not bring Lord of the Rings into this.

8. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Registered

Im just using it as an example of a film with many plot holes but is stil one of the genres greatest movies.

9. Dr. Fate

Dr. Fate Registered

I know, I was just being melodramatic for comic effect.

10. Joker

Joker Registered

that always bugged me to...I think he may have figured out Batman was Bruce though, with the "devil in the pale moonlight" line at Viki's place, and then Batman repeating it to him on the bell tower without even disguising his voice...and he could have estimated Batman's age, recalled when he killed the famous doctor and his wife in front of there son, and put two and two together.

11. Noir

Noir Guest

I simply thought The Joker was just trying to make excuses so the Bat wouldn't kill him..

12. CFE

CFE The never-ending battle

^ That was my understanding as well.

It parallel's the finale of "Robocop" to a tee.

The antagonist (Joker/Clarence Boddicker) is unaware of the wrong they've done by the protagonist (Batman/Robocop) that regardless of not knowing their true identity they do/say what they can to buy themselves time or get out of being killed.

The way I saw it, the Joker's thinking "This guy's already screwed up enough to wear a Batsuit and he's said that he's going to kill me for something I can't even remember...I know, I'll play along with his crazy notions and see if I can find a way out of this situation."

CFE

13. Noir

Noir Guest

Exactly! Your name precedes you.. you are indeed and expert on the comic film variety.

14. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

Do you think Joker realized he killed this man's parents 20/30 years ago in the apartment scene? But then again, even if he did, that wouldn't explain how he knew Bruce was Batman.

What you say makes sense CFE, I just don't like the thought that Joker died not even knowing it was he who caused Wayne to become Batman.

15. El Payaso

El Payaso Registered

LOTR!!!

I mean,

LOL!!!

:joker:

16. cryptic name

cryptic name No Limits

i'd always assumed Jack hadn't gone out and killed random people on the street while he was a powerful mob leiutenent. so he was still just a young guy when he would have killed some kid's parents.

17. Noir

Noir Guest

When Jack was younger and not yet in his position he may have.

18. Noir

Noir Guest

Also, Joker clearly kills Grissom in the whole "Sugar Bums" shoot out scene, yet we see him alive and bound in the "SmileX" comerical, that always bugged me.

19. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

What!? That is Grissam in the chair? All these years and I never noticed that...

20. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

That was Grissom? Are you sure about that?

21. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Registered

It wasnt grissom it was just some random hostage.

22. SHADOWBAT69

SHADOWBAT69 outlaw

No, thats not Grissom.

23. Noir

Noir Guest

it looks like him.

24. Bat Attack

Bat Attack Mirth

definitley not him

25. Sturm316

Sturm316 Guest

And it's "Sugar Bumps", not "Sugar Bums".