The Fantastic Plot-Holes Thread SPOILERS

Neto Magnus

Superhero
Reaction score
What's a movie without plot holes?

The purpose of this thread is to point out the errors in this movie and have an intelligent debate without getting out of hand. Remember, nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Here are some I noticed off the top of my head:

1) How is Reed able to stretch his regular clothing as well?

2) If Sue is so worried about being in the lime-light then why have a wedding on a damn roof?

3) Where Willie Lumpkin?

4) We all know that Alicia is blind but can she not feel the force of the propellers coming at her?

5) How did Doom get his costume passed the highly secured military base?

6) Since Doom was 'cured', why would he even need to wear it?

7) I'm sure this isn't an error but the battle scene took place in China so why did they get married in Japan?

I know theres alot more so please post em if ya got em.

If the wedding was on ground level then people may have crowded around the front of the building etc.
As for Alicia yeah she could feel it thats why she called for Ben. Someone thats blind is hardly going to know which way to run.

He's had his cloths made out of the same stuff as the suit.....He more than the others uses his power in everyday life....its very plausible he would make his clothing more adapted to that life...

2) If Sue is so worried about being in the lime-light then why have a wedding on a damn roof? On top of a roof would mean only helicopters....not 1000's of paparazzi outside a church.....

3) Where Willie Lumpkin? I like the fact that they harkened back to the comics, so who cares...lol

4) We all know that Alicia is blind but can she not feel the force of the propellers coming at her? I think it showed that she did, thats when she cried out to Ben....

It didn't show that they went through any type of security scanner, but even if they did, he could simply say it was a suit to use as an experiement when looking at the board, which is what he said he was there to do...

6) Since Doom was 'cured', why would he even need to wear it? He was going into battle.....he knew the 4 would be after him at some point. He needed the armour for the very fact that he had pretty much gone back to his human form, he needed that protection while on the board....plus...IT'S DOOM....what else would he wear going into battle...

7) I'm sure this isn't an error but the battle scene took place in China so why did they get married in Japan? Hmmmm....I'll have to check this out....the only thing I think of is they didn't want to get married in a communist country and simply flew to one of the many islands of Japan not that far from China...

Actually to me the only plothole that is a big problem was the fact that Johnny kept the power fire, when in all the other switches he did a total switch.....? Maybe an answer to that is because it was all 4 of them that touched....

What's a movie without plot holes?

Yeah, this bugged me. It was a little too convenient that his costume was in that room.

Can't think of any plotholes at the moment. :o

Edit: One thing I always wondered was how was Doom even able to move after what happened to him in FF1? Shouldn't his whole body have been a metal statue w/o joints? In FF2, we still see skin on his hands, whereas in FF1 it appeared his skin was gone completely, and it was just metal.

Story Version (no pun intended): When the Surfer attacked him, Victor's hand was shown going from metallic to organic, implying there was a similar effect on the rest of him as well.

Behind-the-Scenes Version: the filmmakers wanted to show it was Julian McMahon as Victor, not just some guy in a Doom suit with Julian's voice put in later. Besides, how's a guy supposed to express himself if he's solid metal? Silver Surfer don't count, because he was shown on-screen as "de-chromified".

2) If Sue is so worried about being in the lime-light then why have a wedding on a damn roof?

3) Where Willie Lumpkin?

4) We all know that Alicia is blind but can she not feel the force of the propellers coming at her?

6) Since Doom was 'cured', why would he even need to wear it?

7) I'm sure this isn't an error but the battle scene took place in China so why did they get married in Japan?
1) In the comics, Reed invented the clothing that they use....so in the time between movies, he invented it again.

2) I'll have to see it again....I thought her complaining about the linelight came after the wedding disaster.

3) Yeah....everyone invites the mailman to their wedding.

4) Several of the sighted people froze with fear....why can't she?

5) We know he made a deal with the General to get a crack at the surfboard....so why not have a deal to bring in "equipment" for that deal that he's not allowed to search? How about diplomatic immunity? Money....it works wonders. So General.....did you know that Latveria was looking for a new Secratary of Defense?

6) Insanity

7) Legal reasons

Edit: One thing I always wondered was how was Doom even able to move after what happened to him in FF1? Shouldn't his whole body have been a metal statue w/o joints? In FF2, we still see skin on his hands, whereas in FF1 it appeared his skin was gone completely, and it was just metal.

The first pass by SS loosened him up....the second meeting completed the transformation.

Story Version (no pun intended): When the Surfer attacked him, Victor's hand was shown going from metallic to organic, implying there was a similar effect on the rest of him as well.

Behind-the-Scenes Version: the filmmakers wanted to show it was Julian McMahon as Victor, not just some guy in a Doom suit with Julian's voice put in later. Besides, how's a guy supposed to express himself if he's solid metal? Silver Surfer don't count, because he was shown on-screen as "de-chromified".

A good alternative would've been to show that SS flying over Latveria somehow caused Doom to 'wake up' and heal a bit (but not fully), thus allowing him to actually move. Then have Doom personally encounter the Surfer to heal completely. I dunno...lol :confused:

Edit: I agree, C.Lee this makes the most sense to me. They should have went into more detail with this, if that was the case. Maybe Victor could've mentioned that when he first meets with the FF and the military people :confused:

Johnny: "But how? You were a solid metal statue last time we saw you!"

Victor: "Well...the Silver Surfer loosened me up while I was 'frozen' in Latveria and then I met with our alien friend again to complete the process!"

:p

Well....Victor is still in the crate, SS flys over, Victor opens his eyes.

If the wedding was on ground level then people may have crowded around the front of the building etc.
As for Alicia yeah she could feel it thats why she called for Ben. Someone thats blind is hardly going to know which way to run.
Who gets married in front of the building?

Yea I get what you mean. But she coulda ducked. lol

He's had his cloths made out of the same stuff as the suit.....He more than the others uses his power in everyday life....its very plausible he would make his clothing more adapted to that life...
If you remember from the first movie, they were wearing those suits when they got ****ed with the cosmic rays and their suits bonded with their powers. I'm not sure cuz it wasn't clearly stated in the movie. Which probably is another plothole.

2) If Sue is so worried about being in the lime-light then why have a wedding on a damn roof? On top of a roof would mean only helicopters....not 1000's of paparazzi outside a church.....
What about the 1000's of papa's in the adjacent buildings? Remember back when we got alot of spy photos from that set?

3) Where Willie Lumpkin? I like the fact that they harkened back to the comics, so who cares...lol
yea it's not a big deal but Stan actually played a character last time and now its just another random cameo.

4) We all know that Alicia is blind but can she not feel the force of the propellers coming at her? I think it showed that she did, thats when she cried out to Ben....
Yea I know but the way she reacted kinda felt like she was saying, "Uh, Ben. Is it me or is it getting really windy?" She didnt seem too worried.

It didn't show that they went through any type of security scanner, but even if they did, he could simply say it was a suit to use as an experiement when looking at the board, which is what he said he was there to do...
I dunno, I guess this is the same military thats under Bush's administration.

6) Since Doom was 'cured', why would he even need to wear it? He was going into battle.....he knew the 4 would be after him at some point. He needed the armour for the very fact that he had pretty much gone back to his human form, he needed that protection while on the board....plus...IT'S DOOM....what else would he wear going into battle...
Well of course he needs to wear the outfit but within that context it didnt really make sense. Cuz the only reason Doom wears a mask and armor is to hide his scars.

7) I'm sure this isn't an error but the battle scene took place in China so why did they get married in Japan? Hmmmm....I'll have to check this out....the only thing I think of is they didn't want to get married in a communist country and simply flew to one of the many islands of Japan not that far from China...
I dunno it felt like they thought any Asian country is the same.

Actually to me the only plothole that is a big problem was the fact that Johnny kept the power fire, when in all the other switches he did a total switch.....? Maybe an answer to that is because it was all 4 of them that touched....
oh yea that too. He shoulda only had the other 3's powers.

Yeah, this bugged me. It was a little too convenient that his costume was in that room.

Can't think of any plotholes at the moment. :o

??? it's another quandary.

What I meant was NT that paparazzi would have been crowding around the building trying to get a shot, whereas on the roof only helicoppers could reach them dah!

1) In the comics, Reed invented the clothing that they use....so in the time between movies, he invented it again.

2) I'll have to see it again....I thought her complaining about the linelight came after the wedding disaster.

3) Yeah....everyone invites the mailman to their wedding.

4) Several of the sighted people froze with fear....why can't she?

5) We know he made a deal with the General to get a crack at the surfboard....so why not have a deal to bring in "equipment" for that deal that he's not allowed to search? How about diplomatic immunity? Money....it works wonders. So General.....did you know that Latveria was looking for a new Secratary of Defense?

6) Insanity

7) Legal reasons

1) Wasn't it Doom who made the clothing?

2) I think she had a problem with it since the beginning.

3) :csad: I work in the post office ya know.

4) I guess she just didnt know what was going on.

5) I guess.

6) or very fashion conscious.

7) What legal reasons?

Who gets married in front of the building?

Yea I get what you mean. But she coulda ducked. lol

If you remember from the first movie, they were wearing those suits when they got ****ed with the cosmic rays and their suits bonded with their powers. I'm not sure cuz it wasn't clearly stated in the movie. Which probably is another plothole.

What about the 1000's of papa's in the adjacent buildings? Remember back when we got alot of spy photos from that set?

yea it's not a big deal but Stan actually played a character last time and now its just another random cameo.

Yea I know but the way she reacted kinda felt like she was saying, "Uh, Ben. Is it me or is it getting really windy?" She didnt seem too worried.

I dunno, I guess this is the same military thats under Bush's administration.

Well of course he needs to wear the outfit but within that context it didnt really make sense. Cuz the only reason Doom wears a mask and armor is to hide his scars.

I dunno it felt like they thought any Asian country is the same.

oh yea that too. He shoulda only had the other 3's powers.

??? it's another quandary.

Hmmmmmmm.....nope none of those work for me, I stand by my answers....

Out of all those you listed I think this is the only one that has some meat to it. The rest, as others have noted, have simple explanations.

1) Wasn't it Doom who made the clothing?

2) I think she had a problem with it since the beginning.

3) :csad: I work in the post office ya know.

4) I guess she just didnt know what was going on.

5) I guess.

6) or very fashion conscious.

7) What legal reasons?

1) In the first movie, Doom made the clothes gthat they went into space in...which was changed by the cosmic storm. So....I am saying that Reed, in the time between movies, has studied the altered suits enough to make similarly altered clothes.

2) Like I said, I'll have to rewatch....I thought she was complaining from the beginning that the wedding had been put off sveral times....and the limelight stuff came later.

3) How many people that you deliver mail to have invited you to their wedding?

4) Yep.....everyone was shouting and screaming, the chopter was making noise, wind was coming in one way from the top rotors, wind was coming in another way from the back rotors, wind was coming in from being on top of a skyscraper.

5) Good guess.

6) The Doom Line....in stores soon.

7) Easier to get a quick wedding license in Japan than China.

1) In the first movie, Doom made the clothes gthat they went into space in...which was changed by the cosmic storm. So....I am saying that Reed, in the time between movies, has studied the altered suits enough to make similarly altered clothes.

2) Like I said, I'll have to rewatch....I thought she was complaining from the beginning that the wedding had been put off sveral times....and the limelight stuff came later.

3) How many people that you deliver mail to have invited you to their wedding?

4) Yep.....everyone was shouting and screaming, the chopter was making noise, wind was coming in one way from the top rotors, wind was coming in another way from the back rotors, wind was coming in from being on top of a skyscraper.

5) Good guess.

6) The Doom Line....in stores soon.

7) Easier to get a quick wedding license in Japan than China.
1) yea and I'm saying Reed would need the cosmic storm to make more clothing.

2) I'll watch it again too.

3) None. I was invited to a BBQ though. But Willie seemed to have a relationship with Reed.

4) It was chaotic, yes. But she didnt look too fazed. I'll watch it again.

5) eh

6) ...now with a matching half-assed skirt.

7) uh, ok.

One plot hole that bothered me, was how Did Frankie Raye end up with Jonny, I mean they talked what like twice? and both times she didn't like him.

1) yea and I'm saying Reed would need the cosmic storm to make more clothing.

1) Like the machine he made to reproduce the storm in the first movie......

One plot hole that bothered me, was how Did Frankie Raye end up with Jonny, I mean they talked what like twice? and both times she didn't like him.

Acting "tough" like you don't like someone....isn't the same as not liking someone.

He saved the whole freaking world....that can change a woman's mind.

How did Alicia wind up with Ben at the end of the first movie, since they had only talked once......until the extended version showed them going out again.

Her boss, the General, was dead....so she had a weekend off with nothing to do.

Women can't resist weddings.

you mean the one that nearly killed him?
Yep....the one that nearly killed him when he was inside of it.....but it didn't kill his clothes.....so, put a few things in like you're doing the laundry, hit a switch....presto......cosmicly changed leisure wear.

Yep....the one that nearly killed him when he was inside of it.....but it didn't kill his clothes.....so, put a few things in like you're doing the laundry, hit a switch....presto......cosmicly changed leisure wear.

lol, yea but the clothes have to bond with his molecular structure.

jeez, why am I getting all nerdy now?

johnnys voice not getting raspy when turning into the thing
thats one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"