• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Banned members- actual and aspiring - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just just sensitive because technically you're a banned member :o

Says the guy who was banned once.

Gee, maybe you're approaching this from a bias, because you disliked all the slamming you got after you were banned. The first time. :o

I don't think you guys understand the procedure behind posting while on a probationary ban.

If you post under a new name while on a probationary ban, then your ORIGINAL NAME is banned, not YOU. Your probationary ban is then lengthened on your new name.

He did not some how get out of a banning, we simply followed the procedures we have had for awhile now....

It's often because they were horrible people who everyone hated.

Ok, fair enough, but I just think its better to forget about them. I can understand not liking someone, but don't understand how celebration actually helps curtail the infractions? Many people who were banned who come back try visit this thread first. I'd think acting like they didn't exist makes them less likely to return and more embarrassed about their behavior. Of even if they do return and get under the radar, they are less likely to return to previous behavior, I'd guess.

You weren't probationary banned. Prob-ban is a suspension. You were REAL banned. As in, you can't use your SentinelMind account anymore. Because, y'know, it's REAL banned and never coming back.

I still don't see how this "distinction" which some argued wasn't a real distinction few months ago addresses those points above? Whether or not I'm biased shouldn't affect the validity of the point.

Nonetheless, I see that my opinion is way outnumbered, and my point has been argued before... so no point in me going on further about this...so I'll make a quick exit. Carry on.

I still don't see how this "distinction" which some argued wasn't a real distinction few months ago addresses those points above? Whether or not I'm biased shouldn't affect the validity of the point.

Are you kidding? Of course "whether or not you're biased" affects the validity of your point. That's the whole point of a bias; it influences your opinion in order to cast one self in a more favorable light.

I don't think you guys understand the procedure behind posting while on a probationary ban.

If you post under a new name while on a probationary ban, then your ORIGINAL NAME is banned, not YOU. Your probationary ban is then lengthened on your new name.

He did not some how get out of a banning, we simply followed the procedures we have had for awhile now....
But Kay-Kay, Percy is pretty much bringing it up from the other side. They're saying he's playing the role of the banned poster and it is due to this experience that he brings up this argument because his other account did get permabanned and his new one was probationary banned. I don't think it's from a lack of understanding what exactly happened.

I feel no remorse for some of the banned posters, but I do when they were likable idiots who couldn't count their infractions, ignored mods, or created several accounts just to have someone else agree with their unpopular opinion. :whatever:

Are you kidding? Of course "whether or not you're biased" affects the validity of your point. That's the whole point of a bias; it influences your opinion in order to cast one self in a more favorable light.

Bias impacts my judgment, yes, but it doesn't impact the actual validity of the point being made. The validity or accuracy of a statement isn't dependent upon who is saying it. There have been other non-"banned" members who have said the same.

The only other person that I've ever seen whine about this thread was Senator Pleasury who was outed literally a day later as previously banned poster El Payaso.

If Beige Lantern wasn't a previously banned member, I'll eat my hat.

I'm wearing a sombrero made of tortilla chips with piping hot nacho cheese lining the brim. Either way, I'm eating my delicious hat.

Well, there are those out there who disagree, I've been warned few times that I'm wasting my time arguing it in this thread though. Nothing in my prior 9-10 years here demonstrates any hypocrisy in my position. I guess I should have anticipated this response. Just agree to disagree. It's up to mods to do what's best.

I remember Dreadstar. His exploits of date rape and trying to explain why he thought she wanted it or as he put it, "wanted a good dickin'" was just bizarre in an amusing sense. Thank god he was just a troll, though.

Well, there are those out there who disagree, I've been warned few times that I'm wasting my time arguing it in this thread though. Nothing in my prior 9-10 years here demonstrates any hypocrisy in my position. I guess I should have anticipated this response. Just agree to disagree. It's up to mods to do what's best.

What got you the boot the first time around?

Wasn't there another poster called Optimus something, who could only discuss his work-out regimen and how often he got laid and drunk?

Charlie, its best to discuss in a PM, not here. Ask me there and I will answer.

Isn't that what this thread is about? To discuss why you were banned? :hehe:

Wasn't there another poster called Optimus something, who could only discuss his work-out regimen and how often he got laid and drunk?
Yeah I remember him. The Relationship thread used to be so much more than Nell's Misadventures in Dating.

I miss Maluka.
I have not met a poster who didn't quite understand what was considered inappropriate until her. Apparently a Henry Cavill sex scene in full naked glory gif wasn't. :O

Also I never really interacted with Black Lantern. I was there when he got banned, though. I remember him spouting something in the TV threads that needed mod intervention.

Yeah I remember him. The Relationship thread used to be so much more than Nell's Misadventures in Dating.

Every time I scoff at social equality campaigns on Twitter like #yesallwomen, I see something truly abhorrent here, like the misogynistic rantings of Dreadstar or Optimus_Prime and I think "damn, maybe they have a point."

I wonder what it's like to unleash a ban-worthy rant on the Hype. It must feel liberating for some of these people.

I'm sure it is, which is sad as hell. This is just a damn website.

Maybe not legendary, I hope it won't be

Are you kidding? Batfleck, WonderGal, Momoaqua, BvS, Marvel vs. DC, etc...

I assure it's going to be a mad house.

I wonder what it's like to unleash a ban-worthy rant on the Hype. It must feel liberating for some of these people.

I did that once. When I first joined I was called a troll a lot. First for my extreme passion for SR and then for passionate dislike of SR. One night when I had too few winks and too many shots of vodka, I went on profanity laced rant. I called people all kinds of names, and for my trouble I was granted a nice long vacation courtesy of Showtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"