Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL if some fo you think that ANY batman would sell with Clooney's face in the cowl, you win the award for most delusional. After Batman and Robin it would be impossible.

Delusional is someone who thinks Clooney doesn't have star power.

Fandom would mock and whine for a bit, but the second a teaser or trailer hit that actually looked substantial...

"Ryan Reynolds is playing Deadpool again? after what he did in X-Men Origins? LOL financial suicide!"

Outlining meaning he hasn't actually written a word of dialogue yet? Just the overarching story and major & minor beats that he wants to hit?

Bingo.

As for Clooney, put him in an action-heavy trailer where he is whooping ass and audiences would buy in.

Delusional is someone who thinks Clooney doesn't have star power.
it means nothing after Batman and Robin. And honestly, when was the last movie that made money based on him and him alone?

Nobody remembers X-Men: origins, and nobody knows that character like they do Batman. Now it's different because of the success of Deadpool, but before? Warner Brothers as a studio would never in a MILLION years bring back Clooney. And i doubt he would want to.

If you honestly think the general audience has carried bitterness over Batman & Robin with them...

Fandom would b**** about it, but fandom b****es about everything.

X-Men Origins made $373 million. B&R made $238 million.

I imagine quite a few more people would remember the former than the latter.

Bat nipples go a long way, man.

That would be financial suicide. Batman Beyond will never work unless they have an extremely likable past Bruce playing old man Bruce to support the young guy. Clooney would be a marketing nightmare.
They could base the Batman Beyond movie on Return of the Joker and replace Tim Drake with Dick Grayson. Bring back Chris O'Donnell as older Robin.

They could base the Batman Beyond movie on Return of the Joker and replace Tim Drake with Dick Grayson. Bring back Chris O'Donnell as older Robin.

Make it happen WB, make it happen.

X-Men Origins made $373 million. B&R made $238 million.

I imagine quite a few more people would remember the former than the latter.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure most people don’t remember B&R. And even if they do, there’s zero lingering bitterness.

Unless you're shauner who apparently speaks for the general audience. :o

This'll be a good life... good enough.

george-clooney-tomorrowland-still-1.jpg

How is Clooney rated among Batman fans? I recall at the time people slated him, but after 20 years, have they changed their mind?

a Batman Beyond might work as a series or mini-series IMO. On film, I could see it costing $250 million and being pretty much a popcorn film.

I wouldn't be against a George Clooney veteran Batman film either :hehe:, though Keaton's still more preferable :drl:.

How is Clooney rated among Batman fans? I recall at the time people slated him, but after 20 years, have they changed their mind?

I have fun with B&R. It's terrible, but it amuses me, and his clearly lack of effort performance just adds to the fun. That and all the horrible ice puns. Given a different production, I think Clooney could've done a significantly better job.

My opinion has pretty much been the same after 20 years.

I saw all four films at the cinema when they first came out. I liked Batman, I loved Batman Returns, I really liked Batman Forever, and I loathed Batman & Robin. I still feel exactly the same way about each of them. I expected great things from Clooney but found him completely unconvincing. It didn't help that he looked wholly embarrassed whenever he was in the mask. I generally like Clooney and his Bruce Wayne was okay but I thought he was a terrible Batman then and I still do. Even now I can't sit through a rewatch of B&R. Still, I'm glad it didn't damage his career.

Just like nobody remembers Batman & Robin. See, I can make up sh** too.
Who the hell remembers that movie outside of comic book fans? Now ask anyone outside of this community who played Batman in the past? A heck of a lot more ppl will remember Clooney, Kilmer etc because it's Batman. The majority remember everyone who played him, and nobody has fond memories of Clooney in the role except you and a handful of other comic book geeks on this site. West, Keaton and Bale are the only names that matter to the general audience and that's why Clooney would never be asked to return. I honestly don't know what world you live in, but it's certainly not the real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"