Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only hesitance is how much of the 50 Shades stink would linger on him, though I suppose it wouldn't be any worse than the response to Affleck.
He might have the same chip on his shoulder that Robert Pattinson has, where he's out to prove that he's more than just the "50 Shades Guy."

Seriously, watching Pattinson in the Twilight films and then watching him in films like Cosmopolis, The Lost City of Z, and Good Time is night and day.

I have never watched a movie in my life and worried about the height of an actor. Never... it's the most unbelievable thing to me.

He might have the same chip on his shoulder that Robert Pattinson has, where he's out to prove that he's more than just the "50 Shades Guy."

Seriously, watching Pattinson in the Twilight films and then watching him in films like Cosmopolis, The Lost City of Z, and Good Time is night and day.

Speaking of Pattinson, I still lowkey think he'd potentially make a great Batman too. That could be some "Heath Ledger as Joker"-type casting.

In all honesty though, despite him not being my personal favorite pick (I tend to prefer more "out of the box" choices) and I have no idea if he'll actually be on Reeves' list or not, I'm thinking more and more that Armie Hammer is probably the first guy Reeves and Warner Bros should approach for this gig.

At this point, Hammer is basically the "Henry Cavill as Superman"/"Pierce Brosnan as James Bond" type pick for Batman. Looks the part, is a terrific actor, is at an ideal age where he can play the role for quite a long time and he already almost had the part once in the past.

Jamie's fantastic in The Fall, and he undoubtedly carries that mysterious sex appeal none of the other actors have had but fits Bruce so well.

My only hesitance is how much of the 50 Shades stink would linger on him, though I suppose it wouldn't be any worse than the response to Affleck.

You're right, he was utterly fantastic in The Fall (especially in the first two seasons). That is a TV series I recommend to anyone. Fascinating serial killer drama.

Armie Hammer is the very definition of bland to me.

That's what I've thought too for the longest time. I've been turning around on that overall, but as I said before, he's not the type of pick I'd personally go for. But then I find that I often go for atypical picks, especially for Batman, since I find that that set of characters can benefit from odd ball picks.

Hammer is, for all intents and purposes, the "safe pick" for Batman (which is ironic, considering he had to be a risky choice for Miller's film when he was only 19 at the time). But after all the stuff that's gone on in the DCEU and with Batman in particular lately, maybe that's what Reeves and Warner Bros need to go with- the safe pick.

You're right, he was utterly fantastic in The Fall (especially in the first two seasons). That is a TV series I recommend to anyone. Fascinating serial killer drama.

I really dig what little I've seen of The Fall on YouTube. Dornan definitely has the chops if he were ever cast. His 'presence' acting-wise kinda reminds me a bit of Christian Bale too, which I think would be neat.

I have never watched a movie in my life and worried about the height of an actor. Never... it's the most unbelievable thing to me.

This. I’ve always thought height was a stupid ass thing to worry about.

I'd be down with Pattinson (Bat-tinson?) but I think I prefer it when he's doing his live-wire thing like in Good Time so he's higher up on my list for Joker than Bats. Could be good to contrast that with what I'm assuming will be a more simmering Joker that Joaquin's doing.

List of Guys I would test for the role, many of which are a repeat:
Sam Heughan
Josh Harnett
Armie Hammer
Luke Evans
Jamie Dornan
Jack Huston
Benjamin Walker
Travis Fimmel

Height is relevant to a degree. Someone arguing that a 6'1 actor won't work because he's not 6'2 like Bruce Wayne would be ridiculous. Casting a 6'5 guy to play Batman seems a bit much. Saying height is irrelevant and casting a 5'7 guy to play Batman is a bit irksome.

If a guy is at least 5'10, he can indeed be Batman though of course people would like someone over 6 feet.

Pattinson as Batman is something I could get behind. He was terrific in Lost City, he has come a long way from the Twilight days. Dornan is an unorthodox choice that just "clicks" when you really think about it.

Hammer is definitely the safe choice, though. He was actually cast as Batman too and he works wonderfully with Cavill.

Looks like my question kinda got lost in the shuffle but what about Liam Hemsworth as Batman? Any specific reason why his name is not being thrown up? Think he is a good age for whatever direction Reeves seems to be going with his script as well.

How is Dornan's American accent, by the way? I've only ever seen him in Once Upon and Time and The Fall.

Decent in Fifty Shades but he improved a lot In Fifty Shades Freed

I really feel like they're going to end up casting in the model of Christopher Reeve's casting back in the day. I'm not counting on it coming down to the Armie Hammers or the Jamie Dornans of the world.

Now, the Sam Heughans or the Benjamin Walkers? Perhaps.

Looks like my question kinda got lost in the shuffle but what about Liam Hemsworth as Batman? Any specific reason why his name is not being thrown up? Think he is a good age for whatever direction Reeves seems to be going with his script as well.

Because he has even less talent than his brother, who at least can entertain a bit in comedies.

I wouldn't oppose the idea of Liam. I haven't seen enough of him to truly gauge his talent, though.

I really feel like they're going to end up casting in the model of Christopher Reeve's casting back in the day.

Could a dentist be the next Batman?

People don't know how to play games! The game was "name actors who where considered for Superman 78"!

James Caan as Batman confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"