Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Bomer has romantic chemistry with any actress on camera. I've only seen him in films where he doesn't even have a romantic interest, like The Nice Guys. If he can pull off that kind of chemistry (be it Catwoman, Talia, Vicki, etc.), then I really don't think there's a problem.

Yes he can, quite effortlessly. You should checknout his show White Collar.

Bomer's a pretty interesting idea. Not so sure if he's a particularly layered actor, but he's good in what little I've seen the guy in.

Has the right look for it, if they're going younger/Gyllenhaal-esque as a baseline. He'd probably work well as a potential adult Dick/Nightwing too.

Bomer's a pretty interesting idea. Not so sure if he's a particularly layered actor, but he's good in what little I've seen the guy in.

Has the right look for it, if they're going younger/Gyllenhaal-esque as a baseline. He'd probably work well as a potential adult Dick/Nightwing too.
Boomer is too old for Nightwing, Dick is suppose to be in his 20s, early 30s at the oldest.

And I think he's too old for Batman at this point. A younger Batman likely means a Batman in his 30s or 20s. Why would you go with someone only a couple years younger than Affleck?

Had no idea he was that old, I was thinking he was in his early 30's. Could work in his favor.

Boomer is too old for Nightwing, Dick is suppose to be in his 20s, early 30s at the oldest.

And I think he's too old for Batman at this point. A younger Batman likely means a Batman in his 30s or 20s. Why would you go with someone only a couple years younger than Affleck?

He’s 5 years younger than Affleck though :hmm

Yeah, Jesus, never would have pegged him for 41.

Ian Somerhalder?

Attachments

• ian.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
For the sheer joy I'd feel watching a certain sect of fandom melt down over a gay man playing Batman, sure.

I mean, there are other pluses, but mainly that one for me.

Did fandom freak out over Ian McKellan as Magneto?

Lol. I mean, this thread had a mini meltdown when Gyllenhaal chose Spider-Man instead.

The only actor in their 20's I can visualize as Batman would be Dylan O'Brien. But that takes some stretching of my imagination, he'd be a great Nightwing for the McKay movie though.

I hope they don't go under 30 for Batman.

Bomer is also one of my favorites for the part. I even enjoy the idea of him looking like Cavill, because of the gag in the comics that they look similar-ish.

There's a 'gag' that works on page but he and Cavill look SO similar, you would struggle to differentiate them on screen IMO for it to be a very noticeable 'thing' to distract, particularly to a GA, who would be asking is that Bruce or Clark every time, possibly.

There's a 'gag' that works on page but he and Cavill look SO similar, you would struggle to differentiate them on screen IMO for it to be a very noticeable 'thing' to distract, particularly to a GA, who would be asking is that Bruce or Clark every time, possibly.

:funny:
They don’t look THAT much alike.
74a271d7be60cdce021a61dfdf25894d.jpg

Who knows if we’ll even see Batman and Superman on screen again anyway.
If we do, it won’t be anytime soon.

As I say, they are so alike in my view. I'd want Bats & Supes back on screen together very soon. :cwink:

Were you trying to prove that with those pictures? Because they look like they could be twins.

Man, those two side-by-side takes me WAY back to the mid-2000s. Anyone remember the Bomer/Cavill fancasting wars? Insane how long that lasted, only for Routh to be cast. :funny:

This would be a better comparison:

c88f6174a17e0c90ca058246598ac441.jpg

Were you trying to prove that with those pictures? Because they look like they could be twins.

I see a lot of differences in these pictures.
I’m not saying that they don’t look similar in a few ways.
I’m just saying that it’s ridiculous to suggest that they look SO similar that the audience would be confused:funny:

Even at 41, Matt Bomer is so freakishly youthful looking that they could probably sell him as a "younger" Batman for another decade.

I always thought Richard Madden looked a lot like Cavill

Not that I recall, but Batman and Magneto occupy two very different rankings where fandom obsession is concerned.

I remember thinking "The feeble old man from Cold Comfort Farm?!?!?!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"