Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll believe it when I see it"

Daniel R heard last week again Ben's staying, and today says

Just by reading you can tell they're only assuming all of this. It's not confirmed and they don't know. It's all up to Reeves.

Mark Hughes thinks he's finished

original deadline quote

Matt Reeves rebooting Batman for a new standalone franchise, likely with a new actor to play the Caped Crusader after Ben Affleck’s stints in Batman V Superman and Justice League

Daniel R heard last week again Ben's staying, and today says

Mark Hughes thinks he's finished

original deadline quote
So who are we going to believe, some random fake Twitter scooper who has lied/been proven false multiple times in the past or an actual Hollywood trade?

It's a shame, as I think Ben showed some promise and certainly has potential moving forward.

He shouldn't be a victim of the disasters that were BvS and Justice League. Still, he should be showing WB that he still WANTS the role.

Last edited:
I feel the same way about Affleck as Batman now as I did the day he was announced as Batman, "They could do worse". He's not good, he's not bad, he's just solid. He's nowhere near the level of Bale or Keaton.

And that's really my only fear with replacing Affleck, that Warner Brothers could pick someone worse. That said, I'd prefer they move on from Affleck, let Reeves pick his own Batman and get away from Affleck's drama and waffling on sticking with the part.

My top choice would be Michael Fassbender (Since it's highly unlikely they could get Bale to return).

Look at the enthusiasm for the part that Bale has back in 2005 (@19 mins).

Affleck has never shown this level of commitment or passion for me. If you do this role, you give it everything and Bale always did that.

I think Affleck definitely had enthusiasm in the beginning.

Last edited:
I hope the next actor who plays Batman is as non-committal and unenthusiastic about the role as Affleck. Gotta keep it consistent so we never know who is playing Batman from one movie to the next.

Sorry, but Affleck can get ****ed.

He read - and fully agreed to - Snyder's awful vision for Batman, and left everyone in limbo because he can't make his mind up about whether he wants to carry on playing the best fictional character there is.

By all accounts he's also a sex pest.

**** him.

Affleck never seems enthusiastic about anything. He's a completely mediocre actor, and a decent/good director.

As much as I like Batfleck, he had plenty of help which didn't have anything to do with his presence. The voice was modulated to hell, the suit was off a mold of a huge bodybuilder, the fight scenes were entirely done by a stuntman.

The confrontation with Supes is really the only time he got to show off under the cowl, which was admittedly very good imo. But it's still tough to consider those above points in the overall movie.
Precisely. I don't know how people can overlook this. When people on this forum say "Affleck had the best performance as Batman," I always question, "What performance?"

One thing about Affleck is that he virtually does nothing while acting. His facial expression is non-exiastant and he can't do the subtle acting either. Ryan Gosling barely show any expression on his face but he's an absolutely brilliant subtle actor. On the other hand, I don't know what kind of actor Ben Affleck is.

Ryan Gosling
Jake Gyllenhaal
Jon Hamm
Michael Fassbender
Idris Elba
Richard Armitage
Colin Farrell
Karl Urban

I'd be fine with any of these guys

Affleck was enthusiastic to do BVS because he wanted redemption from Daredevil, then when the movie came out and was received even worse it crushed him. He's been half-a$$ing it since.

I was supportive when he was initially cast but it's time for someone new now.

Ryan Gosling
Jake Gyllenhaal
Jon Hamm
Michael Fassbender
Idris Elba
Richard Armitage
Colin Farrell
Karl Urban

I'd be fine with any of these guys

Remove Idris Elba, Richard Armitage and Colin Farrell and I'd be supportive of these with Jake Gyleenhaal and Ryan Gosling being my top two picks.

However, I still stand with Batfleck!

Now, If other rumors are to be true and "The Batman" is to be a stand alone solo series taking place years before Justice League with a "younger" Batman I'd be fine with a recast for this however, Two current Batmen in DCEU films makes no sense to me just as Two different versions of the joker makes no sense to me.

New Borys Kit HR article today says Reeves turned in a first act focusing on a young caped crusader.

Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up

The big question mark going forward is the future of Batman. Writer-director Matt Reeves turned in the first act of a new screenplay during the Memorial Day weekend. It's said to focus on a young caped crusader, and while the studio would not comment, it's unlikely that Ben Affleck, who has played Batman in three features, will again don the cowl.

ComplexPresentAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

I just hope we don’t get another rookie/YO storyline.

Ok young Batman then? Cool!

To be quite honest, Tom Cullen is actually a pretty intriguing option. Especially now that we know Reeves wants a young Batman.

I just hope we don’t get another rookie/YO storyline.
Same. I don't mind them going younger again, but I'm not interested in seeing the origin revisited. Set the film 3-5 years into his career.

It's worth noting that just because Reeves only turned in the first act, that doesn't mean that's all he's written so far. So hopefully people don't read this news and start freaking out that he's only written a third of the script. At the very least, I expect he has the second and third acts outlined.

As for potential actors, I'm afraid nobody's really jumping out at me except Tom Cullen and Richard Madden. Most of the actors I've been considering are north of 35-years-old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back