BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan of Star Wars so...I'll go see it but it's a kinda whateversville to me until I see a trailer. I'm sure the film will be well cast, Abrams is good at that.

2ake741.jpg

No. Just no. He also said multiple times that he is not interested in superhero movies, so I wouldn't want him in it just because of that.

Add to that that he is blond (I'm sorry, but Bruce HAS to have dark hair and no, dying it doesn't help. Look at Tom Jane as Punisher to see how dumb that looks) and has the whiny voice of a 15 year old in puberty.
No. Just no.

He would have the acting skills, without a doubt, but there is so much that goes against him.

I really have to say, out of all the choices presented here, I would go with Manganiello, because he actually can act, looks the part AND loves superheroes! The last part is kinda important to me, since I want an actor who is willing to stay with the role for quite a while.

I also would love to see Caviezel or Fassbender in the role, but both won't be doing it for the numerous reasons others have already listed.
The worst thing they could do is cast an actor who is already widely know for another big iconic role, like Fassbender as Magneto, for example.

I hope they go for someone like Cavill, who was completely under my radar until he was cast. He really surprised and wowed me with his performance in MoS! I would love to see someone like that get a chance.

Not really a fan of Star Wars so...I'll go see it but it's a kinda whateversville to me until I see a trailer. I'm sure the film will be well cast, Abrams is good at that.

Yep, Star Trek has a really good cast. Damn, I can't wait for that trailer!

The suggestion of Edgar Rameriz really excites me the more I think about it. Good actor that can be intense and charming with level of gravitas needed for Batman. I'm only uncertain of his American accent. I certainly hope he gets a audition if he's interested.
Outstanding actor. His performance in Olivier Assayas's CARLOS is one of the great performance of the new century. He was such a bad mother****er in that film, I am sure he can pull off Batman.

But the accent indeed is very problematic. It is very thick.

A motion poster I made for Superman VS Batman (a.k.a. Man Of Steel 2). I have tried to highlight the combative nature of their relationship.

I think he was cast in Interstellar and now some people are using that to justify the choice. I'm glad that there are some who legitimately think he's a good choice outside of Nolan's influence.
I am notorious for being in the "nitpicker"/"naysayer"/"elitist"/"anti-Nolanite" camp, so I can assure you that Nolan's trust in Bentley has not influenced my settling on him as my favourite for the role. I started championing Bentley just before he was announced for "Interstellar", so for me it is a weird coincidence. Nevertheless, no one could argue that Nolan is anything other than a supremely talented and prolific director, so I do take it as a valuable endorsement of Bentley's talents.

He has an OK build. He's athletic. He just needs muscle mass and that's never a problem with the kind of trainers they have. Weight is NEVER the problem IMO. Look at Bale. He went from 118 pounds in Machinist, dangerously low to bulking up like a beast in just months. Somebody like Bentley will be fine.

Exactly- just put him on whatever Cavill was taking.

Originally Posted by Project862006

:woot:yup
tumblr_lzxxt3BKWU1qglwtqo1_500.gif

I have just finished the first 6 episodes of True Blood Season 6 and I think Rob Kasinsky would be an excellent choice. He was both nice and charming, but almost showed that he could be dangerous and menacing when the scene required.

I think he should be considered.

IMO, Kazinsky would be the a great cross between Keaton and Bale which is exactly what we want.

I think he would audition for it. He likes Batman and stuff. ..He's dressed as Clark Kent on his Twitter page lol

kazinsky wouldn't be a bad hal jordan aswell just tone down the *****e bagness from pacific rim lol
tumblr_mpyx5vmJjq1r3d7j0o1_500.png

IMO, Kazinsky would be the a great cross between Keaton and Bale which is exactly what we want.

I think he would audition for it. He likes Batman and stuff. ..He's dressed as Clark Kent on his Twitter page lol
But I hope he isn't bound by a contract or something. HBO did not let Joe Manganiello screentest for Man Of Steel even though he was called because the shoot would happen at the same time as True Blood.

But overall Kazinsky should definitely test. Plus he got superbuff for Pacific Rim so he can nail the physical aspect as well.

I hated him in PR lol

But he is good leading man material. He can pull off charming and heroic and psychopathic. I've seen it all now....I think he should be considered.

I like him in other things though :D

I just hope TB doesn't prevent him from auditioning :(

What about Jeff Donovan? With Burn Notice ending, he'd be open, and he's a pretty good actor.

I don't know how old LH is, but he looks too young for the role. Maybe in several years.

liam would also tower over henry

liam is taller than chris

Thor jr. is all wrong for Bats. He is too cutesy and only 23.
It's not like Batman started being Batman in his 30s, his start was in his early 20s, maybe 19 (according to Grant Morrison at least)
It's not like they never hired two actors of different heights and made one look longer than he really is, there is a way to keep it consistent and not make one tower over the other

It's not like Batman started being Batman in his 30s, his start was in his early 20s, maybe 19 (according to Grant Morrison at least)
It's not like they never hired two actors of different heights and made one look longer than he really is, there is a way to keep it consistent and not make one tower over the other
who says this is a batman starting out(highly doubt it is) you realize our superman in the movie is 33 years old batman actor should be atleast be a 30 year old actor this will be an established batman investigating the man of steel imo

Wes Bentley seems an excellent choice. He's on the wrong side of 35 by the time the film comes out, but oh well. From what I've seen of him so far he's got the chops and the body that can be bulked to fit the role. Personally though, I'd go for Luke Evans. He deserves the role to push his career to the top.

Wes Bentley seems an excellent choice. He's on the wrong side of 35 by the time the film comes out, but oh well. From what I've seen of him so far he's got the chops and the body that can be bulked to fit the role. Personally though, I'd go for Luke Evans. He deserves the role to push his career to the top.

eh, he should look a little older then the 30ish he'll supposedly be. a fresh faced batman dealing with the stresses and rigors of being batman would look a little odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"