Batman Mask of the Phantasm.

Great story, great visuals, great soundtrack. A great movie. Hamill, as always, really shines as The Joker.

It was the best Batman movie...

...in the 90's.;)

Fact: Christian Bale is Conroy's *****.

If only has the sence record from the movie of Bruce puttin the suit on for the frist time plz PM me!

Anyone got any pics of the Reaper, the Year 2 villain who was the basis for the Phantasm?

Qoèlet said:

That is not a fact, that is your "OPINION"

"good day sir"

*slams the door shut*

Qoèlet said:

That's so ridiculous. Conroy merely does the voice, THE VOICE of Batman. Bale does everything. You haven't even seen Conroy play Batman, only heard him.

Kevin Roegele said:
That's so ridiculous. Conroy merely does the voice, THE VOICE of Batman. Bale does everything. You haven't even seen Conroy play Batman, only heard him.
Still. Conroy just sounds how I imagine Batman sounding.

I still think this movie is the best representation in movie form shown in theaters of Batman.

buggs0268 said:
I still think this movie is the best representation in movie form shown in theaters of Batman.

Than you shoulda voted for it in the Batman Elimination Games. We just finished a round for Best Bat-film and it lost to Begins when it came to the final 2. :(

trustyside-kick said:
Than you shoulda voted for it in the Batman Elimination Games. We just finished a round for Best Bat-film and it lost to Begins when it came to the final 2. :(
Whoa, wait what forum was that in?

F**k Begins, this is THE Batman-movie...

Excellent movie. Love the moment when he puts on the cowl for the first time, and Alfred's reaction ofcourse.

Gamma Warrior said:
Whoa, wait what forum was that in?

Batman > Bat-World

Well the latest round is over. Here is the link to the Suggestion Box which is where we discuss what the next round(s) will be.

We have been kind of stumped on what to do next. We have had 20 round so far so a lot of us are out of good ideas. Would be great to have new players as well as new ideas popping up. :up:

Anyone have any youtube scenes of this?

i dont understand people stated that batman has always been a mystery that he has never been realized on screen but in batman mask of the phantasm and the animated series we see batman train to become batman, who trained him and how his family was killed. it was well done there if not the best.

El Payaso said:
I like it.

Far from love it.

It is sad and unfortunate, El Payaso, but this is something I'm going to have to disagree greatly with you on.

Mask of the Phantasm was a GREAT movie. I love it.

I just watched it on YouTube, since maybe... what? Five years probably. And I have to say...this movie is underrated as is. Someone on this thread said it was in the top three Batman movies, and I have to agree.

There were tears in my eyes at the end. Although Andrea did live, the ending was still sad, in that Bruce and her can never be together.

There are SO many great elements in MOTP.

- Perfected Origin Story

- Quite possibly the greatest Joker moments in all of Batman film

- Romance that puts Titanic's romance to shame

- Without MOTP, there is a large chunk of the why behind Batman missing. With this movie, we greater understand where Batman is coming from when he puts on the suit and goes out at night.

- A strong story and plot. How could people not appreciate the depth the characters are given in MOTP?

- Alfred at his best, too.

(not to mention the moral value that underlays the entire storyline)

This is an IMDB.com review:

The psychological, the subtle, and the emotional side of Bruce Wayne are all more deeply looked at in this fantastic animated movie, 14 May 2005
FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=10/10"
Author: DavidJohn Foster from Canada
Mask of the Phantasm is one the best Batmans movies ever conceived. It gives that dark brooding look of the batman TV show, throws in an amazing original score, excellent voice acting, and a storyline that encourages us to look at the Batman story in a more human and emotional way. We have well established bad guys instead of just having a guy escape from prison, we have strong inner-conflict dilemmas and very well drawn action scenes. The only downside is that it could have been longer, although the rather short (compared to most movies) length does a good job of not making the flow feel dull or boring.

I highly suggest this movie.

Here is another person, admitting this film is highly underrated:

This movie stands as one of the MOST UNDERRATED films of all time.

Nobody even mentions this film and how the bad place could it get a 7.1?! It was a box office flop (11 million worldwide?!?!?!) and even Ebert ignored it for a while!

I saw this film as a child around 11 and I loved it.

Now I bought it off Wal-Mart for 9.99 and watched it and realized how this film is truly a gem.

It's the best-written Batman movie (yes, even better than Batman Begins) with clever dialogue, an authentic film noir setting and it's thoroughly entertaining despite the action being limited.

This film has further rejuvenated my love for the Batman series and Film Noir! Excellent indeed!!

*P.S. This sounds like a review XD

On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the greatest?)

Mask of the Phantasm was better than Begins in every way. MOTP, B89 and BR are the only Batfilms I'll ever need. Begins can sit on my shelf collecting dust for all I care.

I'd like to see a sequel to Mask of the Phantasm someday. Involve the Justice League too.

LordofHypertime said:
It is sad and unfortunate, El Payaso, but this is something I'm going to have to disagree greatly with you on.

I'll allow you to disagree for some minutes, ok.

It pains me to say this, but...I agree with El Payaso. :(

I totally love MotP....

...just not as much as Begins.

It is in my top three Bat movies though:

1. Batman Begins
2. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
3. Batman 89

Sometimes 89 and MotP switch around... it depends what mood I'm in.

I should also mention how good the soundtrack is. Shirley Walker put together an absolutely fantastic score. I was lucky and found a copy of it on eBay for like ten bucks. When I bought it I wasn't expecting anything special but now am so happy that I got it. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

My list:

1) Batman : Mask of the Phantasm
2) Batman (1989)
3) Batman Begins

CConn said:
It pains me to say this, but...I agree with El Payaso. :(

I hope that admission was somehow physically painful. :meow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"