The Dark Knight Rises Batman should die in the next film!

Why do you all want Batman to die? Just because most movies have the "hero" died doesn't mean everyone has to be the Will Smith from "I Am Legend". Even if it's accidental or sacrificial, that doesn't make them heros.

Why do you all want Batman to die? Just because most movies have the "hero" died doesn't mean everyone has to be the Will Smith from "I Am Legend". Even if it's accidental or sacrificial, that doesn't make them heros.

Because they think it'll make the already dark & gritty franchise even darker and grittier than it already is, even if it makes no damn sense from a narrative standpoint.

I've thought about it and honestly if it happens in TDKR , I will never watch that film again.
agreed. i dunno why people should think that Batman should die in the film...it just doesnt make sense to me...:huh:

agreed. i dunno why people should think that Batman should die in the film...it just doesnt make sense to me...:huh:

Why not? Batman giving his life for Gotham would be the most heroic thing ever.

Because they think it'll make the already dark & gritty franchise even darker and grittier than it already is, even if it makes no damn sense from a narrative standpoint.

That's a horrible and unfair generalisation. It's nothing about wanting it to be darker or grittier, it's the fact that sacrificing Bruce Wayne is one of the only conceivable "non-open endings" to the paradox that is Batman and his war on crime. The other is retirement, which is also perfectly acceptable and not 'dark and gritty' at all for those of us that desire a finite ending.

To the original post:

Two-Face is dead, Nolan confirmed it a while ago, get over it!

Now on the issue of the death of Batman:

Its a risk, a pretty big one if you haven't noticed already. Heres my biggest point if Batman does die: you have to make the death scene very emotional and climactic (Not that I doubt Nolan's vision, but its a tough feat). Of all the characters in Nolan's universe, the only characters that have really died are Ra's al Ghul and Two-Face. Its just very complicated to do a death scene, especially that of Batman. But, I have to note, if Batman does die, it would create a highly-emotional response from the audience (as well as some emotional music from Hans Zimmer :) ), so they could end up doing it.

In the end, they could end up doing it, or they might not. Nolan has stated that the conclusion is a very good one, so we'll just have to wait 2 months to find out!

To the original post:

Two-Face is dead, Nolan confirmed it a while ago, get over it!

Now on the issue of the death of Batman:

Its a risk, a pretty big one if you haven't noticed already. Heres my biggest point if Batman does die: you have to make the death scene very emotional and climactic (Not that I doubt Nolan's vision, but its a tough feat). Of all the characters in Nolan's universe, the only characters that have really died are Ra's al Ghul and Two-Face. Its just very complicated to do a death scene, especially that of Batman. But, I have to note, if Batman does die, it would create a highly-emotional response from the audience (as well as some emotional music from Hans Zimmer :) ), so they could end up doing it.

In the end, they could end up doing it, or they might not. Nolan has stated that the conclusion is a very good one, so we'll just have to wait 2 months to find out!

Don't forget Rachel Dawes, unless you're just referring to super villains.

No, I don't want to see Batman killed off. What would be the fun in that? Eventually, this franchise will be relaunched anyway by another director and another actor playing Batman. Makes no sense to me killing off an iconic superhero.

I was originally opposed to the idea but it does make sense in Nolanverse. I don't think it will happen though.

Lucious Fox will die towards the end by the hands of Bane, and Batman will avenge his death and save Gotham.

There shouldn't be a "should" in this kind of topic. If it fits the story, I'm ok with it.

My brother and I got into a heated discussion about what the ending of this film should be. We hope that John Blake doesn't end up taking the cape and cowl, he needs to play a Robin role in this film...if Blake ends up being Batman how does the "legend end" then? We also hope that Gotham doesn't find out that Batman has been Bruce Wayne all along, I don't like that possibility even in the context of Nolan's world.

As far as deaths go, if Bruce Wayne dies...I think that could work within the context of the story or even if "Batman" dies and Bruce Wayne is finally at peace.

i think its too easy to kill him off, plus why would they give away the ending they are practically saying will bruce die in the commercials... bale wants to do another movie, nolan can pull off a 4th and have bruce be older and training a partner... saying its over is just hype

@artdamage- i agree

It really doesn't matter if Bruce/Batman dies, whatever they do, just make it good. Make it make sense, and tell a great story either way. I can see him dying making a huge impact and if done right really making it have some weight to it. It doesn't have to be done to make a great ending though. However, there's not gonna be many times as fitting as this to do it and make it work in the stories favor.

I think part of the mystique and intrigue to this movie, is you don't know if he will die or not. The fact that Bane is the one to be able to do it, definitely adds to that possibility. Should be a fun ride.

well said. What matters is how the journey leads in an intelligent way to the ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"