• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

First Look: Superman Soars Onto Batman: The Brave and the Bold

110321mag-batman-superman1.jpg

It's the superhero smackdown that will have comic-book fans salivating: Superman vs. Batman. When Batman: The Brave and the Bold returns with new episodes this Friday (March 25, 6:30/5:30c on Cartoon Network), the Caped Crusader heads to Metropolis to help the Man of Steel take down Lex Luthor in a team-up of the so-called "world's finest" heroes. But when Superman gets mysteriously infected with red kryptonite he becomes a power-hungry egomaniac. It's up to Batman — with an assist from Krypto the Superdog! — to subdue Superman until the red-k wears off.

This episode, "Battle of the Superheroes," marks Superman's first full-fledged appearance on the series. (He's previously made a cameo.) Other upcoming shows include the April Fools' Day appearance of Scooby-Doo; the arrival of the Captain Marvel family (April 8); and Batman turning into a vampire (April 22).

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Batman-Brave-Bold-1030942.aspx?rss=breakingnews

Hope we get to see the regular Superman long enough before he's on Red K.

I can't wait! I got a feeling that "Battle of the Superheroes" is going to be one of those episodes that makes us fall in love with the show all over again! I'm so happy the show is back!

He replied and said he believes they're talking about season 3.

I hope there are enough fans to demand a season 4. The whole silver age universe could encompass a lifetime.

it was cool to see sups finally show up.... there were some great references and nods

From Comics Continuum:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* "Batmite Presents: BatmanÕs Strangest Cases!" on Friday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m.: Bat-Mite takes us on adventures with Batman and Robin in a variety of art styles including anime and Mad Magazine styles. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* "The Malicious Mr. Mind!" on Friday, April 8 at 6:30 p.m.: Batman and the Marvel family take on the evil Dr. Sivana and the Monster Society! [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* "Joker: The Vile and Villainous!" on Friday, April 15 at 6:30 p.m.: Joker teams up with the Weeper to stop Batman! [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* "The Shadow of the Bat!" on Friday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m.: Batman gets infected by a vampire bite, and proceeds to attack his JLI friends! [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* "Night of the Batmen!" on Friday, April 29 at 6:30 p.m.: When Batman gets hurt, his friends Capt Marvel, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Plastic Man attempt to fill his cowl. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Extremely excited for the the episodes! Aqua-Batman ftw!

James Tucker Interview, cool news on the way:
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/backstage/interviews/wftucker05.php

“Joker: The Vile and Villainous!” teams The Joker up with the Weeper to take on Batman. The thing to know about this show is that it’s told from the villain’s view point, so the context is totally upside down from what it normally is in an episode. This episode also features special guest villain, the legendary Tim Conway as the Weeper! He was a real pleasure to meet and work with and gave us all flashbacks to his work on The Carol Burnett Show.
“Shadow of the Bat” is our take on doing a vampire story in the Batman: The Brave and The Bold w orld. I think we hit pretty much every vampire schtick in the book but also offer up some truly scary moments. It gets very intense at times. Also of note is that it features the animation premiere of one of Batman’s oldest, original foes from his golden age.
“Night of the Batmen!” is adaptation of a story from the comic book version of our show written by Sholly Fisch and pencilled by Robert Pope. Usually I don’t expect the comic book stories based on our show to be tonally on point with the series because the writers and artists are usually working in the dark and have to do the best they can with the materials they are given which can be limited. But premise of this story immediately struck me as something we could adapt for the show easily in that the tone was straddled the line of serious and absurd perfectly. I think its one of our strongest episodes in season three. It’s basically about Batman’s friends decide to take up the crime fighting slack in Gotham after Batman is nearly killed. I would say more but i’m going to just suggest folks buy that issue and support the comic book version of the show!

Ooh could we get Hugo Strange and/or Dr. Death in the Vampire Batman episode? :) Intriquing to hear how dark it is, considering people should remember this tv series has breaken more rules than even BTAS, So when they say dark, i except Chill of the Night level of darkness.

The interview is a pleasant read as you get to read Tucker's view on the show and how they worked on it, not to mention the sad truth how long it will take for whole season blu-rays and whatnot. =*(

Ooh could we get Hugo Strange and/or Dr. Death in the Vampire Batman episode? :)

He said it would be the animation premiere of the villain he was talking about, so it can't be Hugo Strange (who already appeared in B:TAS and The Batman).

Has to be The Monk! :woot:

Plus... hope all the american fans enjoy the Bat-mite episode tonight.

He said it would be the animation premiere of the villain he was talking about, so it can't be Hugo Strange (who already appeared in B:TAS and The Batman).

Oh i missed that, then yeah it's going to have to be the Monk or Dr. Death, likely the Monk. :)

Baby Batman is pretty much the best thing, ever. Especially when Tara Strong used a Bubbles-esqe voice for the job.

Baby Batman is pretty much the best thing, ever. Especially when Tara Strong used a Bubbles-esqe voice for the job.

Haha, true.

Seeing Mr. Mind in animation was also pretty cool. Though too bad we didn't get Tawky Tawny or Uncle Marvel. Oh well.

I was actually severely disappointed with this last ep. It's like they took everything fun about the first season and started over-exaggerating it. It's more hokey than funny now.

Yeah Captain Marvel can be abit hard because of how much of a big red cheese he is already, i think Captain Marvel was his best in the Starro episode.

Why were the Batboy & Rubin and Bat-Manga segments straight up adaptions while the Scooby one was more original in terms of the story?

Ben Jones-The first two parts were adaptations from a different medium (comic books), so adapting them to animation was a change from their original form. But the Scooby section was an adaptation from an animated story, so if we didn't take some liberties we'd just have been regurgitating something that was already done.

Has the staff heard anything about "The Mask of Matches Malone!" airing in the USA? I don't get the talk of innuendo in the episode. It's far less suggestive than Rubin was towards the Flurgle Gang...

Ben Jones-Still no news on this end. It's all up to Cartoon Network, as far as I know.

Do you know if there are any "behind the scenes" footage or photos from the episode, "Chill of the Night"? It would be great to see all the bat-stars together. Do voice-over artists generally all meet in the same room during the recording of an episode?

Ben Jones-Usually the whole cast is there, but I think (nowhere near 100% certain here, as I wasn't at that record myself), for that episode in particular, it wasn't possible for Kevin Conroy and Diedrich Bader to match their schedules - I think Adam West was recorded over the phone for that one. Julie Newmar was there, though - I think James made sure to get pictures with her, but I don't know who else was in them.

What was the episode Paul Dini wrote for season 3?

Ben Jones-You'll have to wait and see for that.

Did you direct the episode that Paul Dini wrote for season 3?

Quick question: Has Batman's design been changed/modified at all throughout the course of the show... whilst watching some randomn episodes I felt he looked ''slimmer'' or less broad in season 2 in contrast to season 1?

Ben Jones-We've been using the same model sheet throughout, but I suppose it's possible - as artists get used to drawing the characters over time, they look at the model sheets less (at least I know I do) and their own personal interpretations can start to creep in.

When does season 2 part 1 of BTBATB come out on dvd? Cause i just bought season 1 this week.

Ben Jones-I haven't heard anything one way or the other. Maybe October, if the pattern holds.

http://www.formspring.me/IdiotStyle

O...kay... This show definitely lost something. These episodes are just getting painful to watch now. When I get the DVDs I'll be skipping season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"