• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

O...kay... This show definitely lost something. These episodes are just getting painful to watch now. When I get the DVDs I'll be skipping season 3.

Really? What don't you like? With the exception of Mr. Mind I think Season 3's been great so far.

As far as tonight's episode goes, it certainly was... experimental? Batman was exaggerated to the point of being a villain in his heroism. In addition to focusing on Joker, I think the episode was suppose to be from a villain's perspective. I mean, Batman seemed ready to kill Joker a couple times. The Vile and the Villainous wasn't the best episode, but I still think it was in line with the tone of the show. I give it a 7/10.

Opens with Kamandi and Dr Canius arriving in present day Gotham to Visit Batman.
But another evil visitor joins them, Misfit and tries to take over.
Good thing Gotham has a version of Radio Shack to save the day. :woot:

Main Story has Batman and Marvel vs The Monster Society of Evil.
Bats is hit by a de-aging ray. Even as a toddler Bats is able to save the day from the evil Mr. Mind.

Solid 'B' episode.

The Joker Teamup episode was FABS!!!

Opener with Joker and Misfit taking down Kamandi and Prince Tuffin with a Homage to Beneath the Planet of the Apes was SWEET. :woot:

Main story starts with The Joker saving The Fisherman from Batman and The Atlantis Police Force.
Surprise Aquaman wasn't around.
Then Joker goes to the Gotham Villians Bar that was shown "In a Bat Divided" and meets The Weeper(Tim Conway).
Wacky Mayhem happens.
Includes a flashback scene with Bulletman.

'A'

It just lost all its cleverness in favor of going for the easy joke. It's more like instead of making fun of and paying homage to the earlier years, they're borrowing heavily and relying on it. The Superman ep was the only one I've liked so far this season, although it too was of diminished quality. The opening episodes blended the Adam West show with TAS perfectly, providing an incredible experience. Since they started going into musicals it started to shift entirely too far into the silly. It really feels like they're phoning in this last season.

It just lost all its cleverness in favor of going for the easy joke. It's more like instead of making fun of and paying homage to the earlier years, they're borrowing heavily and relying on it. The Superman ep was the only one I've liked so far this season, although it too was of diminished quality. The opening episodes blended the Adam West show with TAS perfectly, providing an incredible experience. Since they started going into musicals it started to shift entirely too far into the silly. It really feels like they're phoning in this last season.
You mean the entire season aired so far of two episodes? I may be forgetting some others, but the Batmite and Mr Mind episodes were season 2, as is the unaired Matches Malone one.

I can't keep track of what season's what thanks to CN's erratic schedule. But they are still the later episodes.

Fans of Batman: The Brave and the Bold will be glad to know the first 12 episodes from Season 2 will be arriving to DVD on August 16, 2011. That may be a ways off, but we’ve got the episode listing and cover art for you to check out now.

1. Death Race To Oblivion!
2. Long Arm Of The Law!
3. Revenge of the Reach!
4. Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!
5. The Golden Age Of Justice!
6. Sidekicks Assemble!
7. Clash Of Metal Men!
8. A Bat Divided!
9. The Super-Batman of Planet X!
10. The Power Of Shazam!
11. Chill Of The Night!
12. Gorillas of Our Midst!

While all of those are good, there are a few great ones and a personal favorite in that collection. I loved “The Golden Age Of Justice!” episode, as it showcased my favorite team, the Justice Society. The Metal Men episode is spectacular fun and “The Super-Batman of Planet X!” features the return of Kevin Conroy to the DC animated universe-in a slightly different way.

http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/2011/batman-brave-bold-season-two-dvds-scheduled/

Last edited:
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1020

Friday, May 27th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#56 The Scorn of Star Sapphire!" -- New!
Batman teams up with Green Lantern Hal Jordan to face the evil Star Sapphire!

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#58 Time Out for Vengeance!" -- New!
The JLI travel to the past to try and stop a force that wants to wipe out all the incarnations of Batman throughout time (Cave-Batman, Pirate Batman).

More Grant Morrison tributes coming in Brave and Bold, PROTO-OUTRAGEOUSNESS!

Little bit of cross-marketing for Green Lantern it seems... should be a fun episode.

And yeah... some awesome Grant Morrison goodness. Looks fun! :woot:

Looks like Young Justice is on its way back in June too... lets hope Cartoon Network doesnt decide to place B:TBATB in re-runs for a while.

Very excited for the Morrison after having just read those comics less than a year ago. Very cool.

Looks like a good one. I always wondered why they didn't use Hal Jordan more often. Obviously they're using him now for the movie, but still kind of odd they didn't get him his own episode until now.

After watching one of those clips I recognized Hal Jordan's voice as Loren Lester who voiced Robin in Batman TAS. I always like it when they keep things in the family.

Last edited:
With the news that Wonder Woman is in the teaser for "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!", anyone think that she might not get a spotlight episode? And that maybe the villain in the upcoming Trinity episode will be one of her rogues, like Ares or Hades, to compensate for this?

This is the last season, so I don't want them to go overboard with showing off the same characters again and again, but since Wonder Woman's in this teaser, the Trinity episode, and hopefully a JLA episode, it might be best to not give her a spotlight episode, and instead have her play a crucial role in the Trinity episode.

With the news that Wonder Woman is in the teaser for "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!", anyone think that she might not get a spotlight episode? And that maybe the villain in the upcoming Trinity episode will be one of her rogues, like Ares or Hades, to compensate for this?

This is the last season, so I don't want them to go overboard with showing off the same characters again and again, but since Wonder Woman's in this teaser, the Trinity episode, and hopefully a JLA episode, it might be best to not give her a spotlight episode, and instead have her play a crucial role in the Trinity episode.
No. No. Silly. Plus it is already confirmed that she is getting a full episode. Supes and her are getting equal screentime, as it should be.

Also, why the hell does everyone want a JLA episode? We already have the JLI, plus the JLA have been done in animation before, several times. Lets get something more interesting, or atleast flesh out the superhero team we already have.

No. No. Silly.

Uh, why was it a silly idea?

Two-Face=Badass said:
Plus it is already confirmed that she is getting a full episode.

It was confirmed that she would get a team-up with Batman before the Trinity episode. Now, they may have meant the teaser and a Wonder Woman spotlight ep, or they may have just meant the teaser for "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!".

At no point was it stated that she would definitely have a team-up episode with Batman other than the Trinity one.

Two-Face=Badass said:
Supes and her are getting equal screentime, as it should be.

If she gets a spotlight episode, there's a good chance she'll get more screen-time than Superman! I mean, can you see them doing a Superman teaser as well as "Battle of the Superheroes!" and the Trinity episode?

Two-Face=Badass said:
Also, why the hell does everyone want a JLA episode?

I didn't see Superfriends, so I don't know if it was the case there, but in this show we have Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Wonder Woman and Aquaman in addition to Bats, Supes and J'onn. It's quite a different line-up to what we had in JL/JLU and The Batman. I think it would be a shame if we didn't see them all together before the series ends. Now, you might not care for this JLA line-up, and I'm not saying that it will work, but I think a story with these 7 A-listers would be quite fun. And if we can't have such a line-up in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, then where else are we going to see it, other than in the DC Universe movies?

Two-Face=Badass said:
We already have the JLI, plus the JLA have been done in animation before, several times.

Can I ask, are you KillerMoth from Toonzone? I know you're a JLI fan, and I think "Darkseid Descending!" is one of the series' best, but the presence of the JLI shouldn't preclude the JLA from reuniting for one more adventure. And yes, the JLA have been done before, but I haven't seen this particular line-up in animation before, so I think it would be bad form for this show to not devote one episode to them.

Two-Face=Badass said:
Lets get something more interesting, or atleast flesh out the superhero team we already have.

The JLI have already appeared in "Darkseid Descending!" and "Shadow of the Bat!", plus they're confirmed to appear in "Time Out for Vengeance!" and at least one more episode after that. And that's great, because they've been used well so far (I say that even though I'm not that interested in Guy Gardner, Booster Gold or Blue Beetle).

But with a total of 4 or more JLI episodes confirmed for this series, I wouldn't mind seeing the A-listers band together again. I'd be OK with the JLA just getting a teaser though, provided that it's a really well done 3 and a half to 4 and a half minute teaser.

I kept coming back to this post and editing it to add more thoughts, but it would've been better if I could've just deleted the post and pasted everything into a new post... There should be a delete post button.

Last edited:
Uh, why was it a silly idea?
Don't know. It was late when I posted this, sorry for my rudeness.
It was confirmed that she would get a team-up with Batman before the Trinity episode. Now, they may have meant the teaser and a Wonder Woman spotlight ep, or they may have just meant the teaser for "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!".
At no point was it stated that she would definitely have a team-up episode with Batman other than the Trinity one.
Really? Aw, tha's disappointing, I had assumed both would get teasers, a full episode and the trinity one.
If she gets a spotlight episode, there's a good chance she'll get more screen-time than Superman! I mean, can you see them doing a Superman teaser as well as "Battle of the Superheroes!" and the Trinity episode?
Depends, I love BTBATB, but I dislike how much the feale characters are sidelined. Now I unerstand that this is more related to WB politics than the writer, but when the first thirteen episodes barely has any women in them there's something wrong, and while it has gotten much better, I'd be disappointed if Wonder Woman didn't get equal screentime to Supes.
I didn't see Superfriends, so I don't know if it was the case there, but in this show we have Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Wonder Woman and Aquaman in addition to Bats, Supes and J'onn. It's quite a different line-up to what we had in JL/JLU and The Batman. I think it would be a shame if we didn't see them all together before the series ends. Now, you might not care for this JLA line-up, and I'm not saying that it will work, but I think a story with these 7 A-listers would be quite fun. And if we can't have such a line-up in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, then where else are we going to see it, other than in the DC Universe movies?
Oh, sorry if I gave that impression. Don't get me wrong, I love the JLA, I just they're overdone, and it would be strange to have two JL lineups within ewpisodes of each other without sufficient explanation. But as you say, it could be nice to see, but I' atleast hope it wasn't the final episode, since the producers have promised the most Silver Age crack yet this season, especially the finale, and I think the JLA is pretty norm by this point.
Can I ask, are you KillerMoth from Toonzone? I know you're a JLI fan, and I think "Darkseid Descending!" is one of the series' best, but the presence of the JLI shouldn't preclude the JLA from reuniting for one more adventure. And yes, the JLA have been done before, but I haven't seen this particular line-up in animation before, so I think it would be bad form for this show to not devote one episode to them.
Point. And yes, I am KillerMoth, may I ask what tipped you off? I hope it wasn't my occasional nattiness, as I am getting better.
The JLI have already appeared in "Darkseid Descending!" and "Shadow of the Bat!", plus they're confirmed to appear in "Time Out for Vengeance!" and at least one more episode after that. And that's great, because they've been used well so far (I say that even though I'm not that interested in Guy Gardner, Booster Gold or Blue Beetle).
I concede you are probably right, I personally wouldn't care for them to appear, though I would no doubt enjoy the episode regardless, so it more an issue of pedantry for me.

And again, apologies, I ge easily frustrated when tired.

Hey, everyone! Batman: The Brave and the Bold has a Free Comic Book Day issue alongside Young Justice today! Nothing too big, but it does highlight two minor villains from the show. So, pick it up!

Don't know. It was late when I posted this, sorry for my rudeness.

Don't worry about it, it's fine.

Two-Face=Badass said:
Really? Aw, tha's disappointing, I had assumed both would get teasers, a full episode and the trinity one.

Well, maybe Superman won't get a teaser or maybe he will. It's the same story with a possible Wonder Woman spotlight episode. I guess we'll find out before too long.

Then again, when DC Nation was announced, they said that Batman: The Brave and the Bold will continue to air until late 2011, maybe 2012. Let's hope they have the sense to finish season 3 by September/October though, otherwise we could be waiting a while to find out how much there'll be of Supes and Wonder Woman.

Two-Face=Badass said:
Depends, I love BTBATB, but I dislike how much the feale characters are sidelined. Now I unerstand that this is more related to WB politics than the writer, but when the first thirteen episodes barely has any women in them there's something wrong, and while it has gotten much better, I'd be disappointed if Wonder Woman didn't get equal screentime to Supes.

I hope she gets to appear as often as him too. I want to see more of all of the 7 JLA members really (well, Aquaman has appeared enough already but I would like to see him alongside the other 6), which is one reason why I feel that it would be best to spotlight all of them together, instead of giving like half of season 3 to them individually and then giving only half to the other guest heroes.

The Trinity episode would seem to be the ideal time to give Wonder Woman the chance to shine, rather than a spotlight episode, as another Wonder Woman ep would be resigning too many of the final episodes to her and Supes, in my opinion. That said, if there's no JLA episode, then I'd like to see a Wonder Woman spotlight episode.

Two-Face=Badass said:
Oh, sorry if I gave that impression. Don't get me wrong, I love the JLA, I just they're overdone, and it would be strange to have two JL lineups within ewpisodes of each other without sufficient explanation. But as you say, it could be nice to see, but I' atleast hope it wasn't the final episode, since the producers have promised the most Silver Age crack yet this season, especially the finale, and I think the JLA is pretty norm by this point.

I'm sure there would be a good explanation for the JLA coming back together (whether permanently or temporarily). It would also enable the creative team to explain why they disbanded in the first place.

I think they said the final episode is meant to be the strangest one ever, so I doubt it's a JLA story (which would surely be serious in tone). Anyway, a JLA teaser could suffice if it's epic and all 7 of them speak in it. :yay:

Two-Face=Badass said:
Point. And yes, I am KillerMoth, may I ask what tipped you off? I hope it wasn't my occasional nattiness, as I am getting better.

Nope, I was tipped off by your love of the JLI. :woot: I'm ShadowStar from Toonzone, you see, so I've read some of your posts there. And I didn't think you were as bad as you make out, don't worry about it. :yay:

http://www.roastmastergeneral.com/

batmanbrave.jpg

Comedian Jeffrey Rush aka Roastmaster is set to appear in Brave and Bold.. Will we also see Flaming C by any chance?! :p

That is really interesting, haha. Can't wait to hear Ross's jokes and which characters he roasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"