• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

"The Brave And The Bold" - DC's Next Animated Series?

February 18, 2008 by James Harvey

The classic team-up comic book The Brave And The Bold could be the next DC Comics-inspired animated series from Warner Bros. Animation.

While nothing is confirmed at this time, the The Brave And The Bold animated series will apparently center around Batman teaming up with a different DC superhero in each episode. The series will also apparently have no ties to any previous animated incarnations. The Brave And The Bold is rumored to premiere next fall though, once again, nothing is confirmed at this time.

News on the next DC-inspired animated series should start trickling out soon. Stay tuned for further developments.

===
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=66

So I finally got around to playing the video game over the holiday weekend with my brother. If you're a fan of the show, then you'll love the game!

There are four episodes, each episode has a teaser followed by the show's opening credits and original animation, 1-2 minutes long, before the start of the stage. Batman teams up with Robin in Gotham, Blue Beetle on Science Island, Hawkman in London, and Guy Gardner on different alien planets.

The dialogue in this game is great, not only in the little cut scenes but also throughout each level. Batman and Robin are constantly exchanging witty remarks back and forth, Batman teaches Blue Beetle lessons on being a hero, Hawkman deals with aging while Batman gushes about being inspired by him as a child, and Guy Gardner deals with his anger issues. It's a little corny but in a good way, and a lot of it is legitimately funny. It's very well written and seems like it's straight out of the show. All the characters have their TV voice actors providing the dialogue.

The game play is pretty simple beat em' up style. Batman has a variety of gadgets that you unlock as you go, the other characters have weapons, gadgets, or powers at the start. The thugs and minions are somewhat diverse. You shake the Wii mote for heavy attacks, for charge up attacks, and assists. The characters included as assists are:

Black Canary
Booster Gold
Green Arrow
Red Tornado
Aquaman
Old Flash
Plastic Man
Black Lightning
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Captain Marvel

The boss fights are pretty fun and quite a few villains make appearances:

Two-Face
Catman
Catwoman
Copperhead
Gorilla Grodd
Clock King
Gentleman Ghost
Asteroth
The Rouges
Starro
Mongul

I read reviews that said the game was short but it really wasn't. There are only four stages but they're broken up into levels that are all relatively long. I would have appreciated another two episodes with one of them involving all the heroes in the same stage. Overall it's a really fun game that is definitely worth a buy if you have a Wii and love the show. Overall I'd give it a B+.

What's interesting is that all the stories for the game are original scenarios, where different groups of characters get to talk and bounce back off of each other. There's even some new animation done for the game; it's a really in-depth job.

Plus, the game gives you a lot of the fun stuff to mess around with, like the Belt Sword. With a code, you can also take Batman's armor from "Day of the Dark Knight" out for a spin, complete with a replacement sword for your Belt Sword.

So, I was able to see the episode "Batman's Strange Cases" which hasn't yet aired in the US. So, yeah....that was fricking AMAZING. Seriously the best episode yet in the whole series. I had a smile on my face the whole time, the episode was just great throughout. It's worth it just for the fisticuffs between Joker and Scoobydoo. :woot:

"Batman's Strangest Cases" is on YouTube. Just watched it and hammerhead11 is right, it's awesome! The Scooby Doo part is by far the best though. Y'all should go watch it before it gets pulled down!

Yeah, every episode of season 2 has aired in the United Kingdom, hence why "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" and "The Malicious Mr. Mind!" are on youtube. We've had "The Mask of Matches Malone!" as well, and it's being repeated on Sunday. (Every episode of season 2 has now been shown multiple times here.)

hammerhedd11 said:
So, yeah....that was fricking AMAZING. Seriously the best episode yet in the whole series. I had a smile on my face the whole time, the episode was just great throughout.

I second that! It was actually better than "Mayhem of the Music Meister!".

Last edited:
We've had "The Mask of Matches Malone!" as well, and it's being repeated on Sunday. (Every episode of season 2 has now been shown multiple times here.)

Thanks for telling us that.

Because that's the only episode i have yet to see.

Thanks for telling us that.

Because that's the only episode i have yet to see.

Well, the episodes have been shown in the correct order over here because "The Mask of Matches Malone!" aired in between "The Last Patrol!" and "Menace of the Madniks!" back in early January. Since they've all been shown multiple times now, the full episode of "The Mask of Matches Malone!" may leak online soon.

Well, the episodes have been shown in the correct order over here because "The Mask of Matches Malone!" aired in between "The Last Patrol!" and "Menace of the Madniks!" back in early January. Since they've all been shown multiple times now, the full episode of "The Mask of Matches Malone!" may leak online soon.

I had no idea that it had already been shown down here.

Because it was originally supposed to be shown on CN last october.

But it didn't as they wanted to edit out the raunchy parts.

The funny thing is that when it aired yesterday, It was shown in all of it's unedited glory. Lol.

Last edited:
Someone needs to upload the full "The Mask of Matches Malone" episode to youtube, now! Any volunteers?

Any idea what they could imply? Shadow of the Bat was that 90s title with alot of good material to put thru, but what about Night of the Batmen? Maybe Andrea Romano got her wish where Kevin Conroy, Rino Romano, Diedrich Bader and Will Friedle all play as Batman?

Any idea what they could imply? Shadow of the Bat was that 90s title with alot of good material to put thru, but what about Night of the Batmen? Maybe Andrea Romano got her wish where Kevin Conroy, Rino Romano, Diedrich Bader and Will Friedle all play as Batman?

Hopefully. Maybe Batmen of All Nations could happen?

Whatever the case is, we win. :fhm::awesome:

I had no idea that it had already been shown down here.

Yeah, it first aired in the UK on January 7th, before "Menace of the Madniks!", "Emperor Joker!" and the other remaining season 2 episodes. And as you know, it's been repeated since.

Shocker 9000 said:
Someone needs to upload the full "The Mask of Matches Malone" episode to youtube, now! Any volunteers?

I probably would if I knew how to.

Aquaman: I am the night.

I've gotta say I really didn't fancy watching this show but I taped all the episodes on my Sky HD box and I love this show. Its very very good, what I like about it is how faithful it is to the comics yet so different from Batman the Animated Series. Now I am more of a Superman and I feel a Superman crossover is very overdue but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying this show. I loved the Fall of the Blue Beetle in season 1 as I knew next to nothing about this character. I think though my favourite episodes over all have been Sidekicks Assemble, Chill of the Night and The Knights of Tomorrow!. I can't wait to see Superman in season 3 aswell as many other characters.

Off topic but :

Is there any chance we can just make this section about Batman animated in all aspects, from TAS to the animated movies etc?

Cartoon Network has released schedule details, including the return of Batman: The Brave and The Bold episodes to the American network line-up.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold is slated to return to Cartoon Network beginning March 25th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET), the new regular timeslot for the series. Schedule details for upcoming Batman: The Brave and The Bold episodes on Cartoon Network are available below.

Friday, March 25th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "The Battle of the Super-Heroes!"

Friday, April 1st, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!"

"The Battle of the Super-Heroes!" is written by Steven Melching and directed by Ben Jones and features an appearance by Superman, voiced by Roger Rose.

"Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" is also directed by Ben Jones and written by Paul Dini. "The Battle of the Super-Heroes!" is listed as Episode 305 and "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" as Episode 225.

Please note schedule details are subject to change without notice. Batman: The Brave and The Bold airs every Friday at 6:30pm (ET) on Cartoon Network beginning Friday, March 25th, 2011.
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=976

Wierd that they are jumping right to episode 5 of season 3 and skipping two episodes of season 2.

But hey... NEW episodes :woot:

Never seen those commercials before. Hilarious, too bad they had to cut it.

Glad to know when the show is finally coming back.

I can't wait for the Superman episode I wish they'd release some images

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"