BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor Strange trailer will be shown this week on Jimmy Kimmel

Do we have anything more specific? DS is also a movie that I think can get into the GotG range if it's done right. By xtension that means could come in above BvS. They have the right actor for DS.

Do we have anything more specific? DS is also a movie that I think can get into the GotG range if it's done right. By xtension that means could come in above BvS. They have the right actor for DS.

It premieres tomorrow night on JK then available online immediately after. DS will be at SDCC this year too along with three other Marvel properties. It's gonna get a big marketing push ala GOTG. It's Feige's baby.

Tomorrow. Tuesday April 12th. Benedict will be on Kimmel.

Did weekend actuals come out yet?

It premieres tomorrow night on JK then available online immediately after. DS will be at SDCC this year too along with three other Marvel properties. It's gonna get a big marketing push ala GOTG. It's Feige's baby.

Four Marvel projects, eh? I do hope DC don't try to compete. Let Marvel have this one the way they let DC have last year. Anything else will be... unfortunate.

Four Marvel projects, eh? I do hope DC don't try to compete. Let Marvel have this one the way they let DC have last year. Anything else will be... unfortunate.

Nah after fan reception for BvS was so mixed they'll do a big SS push there. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm guessing we're gonna have to wait till late afternoon for actuals again huh?

Or tell a HP fan that Voldemort is a bland villain. After looking at the BvS BO, I can see Beasts outdrawing it WW and maybe DOM if it hits the right notes. I have every HP movie and am dying for more, but I'm not a rabid fan........not at all......not even a little bit.......nope......not me. :o

I grew up with HP and am rooting for Beasts to do well but I kind of doubt it will beat BvS. The latter will finish somewhere north of $320M and only one HP (the last one) topped that mark domestically. Beasts should be big but expecting it to outgross its parent franchise seems a stretch.

Worldwide though, I expect Beasts will come out on top. BvS may finish around $850M which is less than all but one HP film (HP3).

Likewise, I'm skeptical that Strange will top it domestically; of 6 MCU origin flicks, only GotG looks like it might be higher than BvS will finish. Outside of IM, the other four weren't much more than halfway and even TWS isn't particularly close.

I think DS will do better than Ant-Man and finish north of $200M but getting close to BvS isn't likely. Especially since the aforementioned Beasts (another magic movie spun off of more well-known source material) is going to launch just two weeks later.

How much could this fall next weekend? Even as someone who liked BvS more than most, there's no way I'd see BvS again ahead of Jungle Book. I think it's going to take over completely.

Should be interesting to see if BvS falls behind Zootopia next weekend.

I don't know if it will fall behind Zootopia, but it could very well match up towards its very end. I do think BVS will be number 4 this weekend.

Should be interesting to see if BvS falls behind Zootopia next weekend.

That wouldn't be a big shock. Kids movies typically have great legs and are not always so front-loaded. For instance, Zootopia's opening weekend gross was less than half of BvS's, which left room for a lot of people to see it when they could in the following weeks.

That wouldn't be a big shock. Kids movies typically have great legs and are not always so front-loaded. For instance, Zootopia's opening weekend gross was less than half of BvS's, which left room for a lot of people to see it when they could in the following weeks.

Normal movies don't drop 70% and have less than a 2x multiplier.. Stop making excuses for this movie's horrendous legs

And what do you mean by "compete"? Should they just back out of SDCC, just so that they don't take any attention away from Marvel? WB can still promote Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman while Marvel promotes their films.

Normal movies don't drop 70% and have less than a 2x multiplier.. Stop making excuses for this movie's horrendous legs

The hell? I didn't make excuses for anything. I said I wouldn't be shocked if Zootopia had a higher gross than BVS next weekend and indicated that it (Zootopia) had great legs.

I'm well aware that BVS has had terrible legs and suffered pretty substantial drops, and that it's release was extremely front loaded...

And what do you mean by "compete"? Should they just back out of SDCC, just so that they don't take any attention away from Marvel? WB can still promote Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman while Marvel promotes their films.

Don't read too much into it, chief. Just a turn of phrase. I'm not some Marvel fanboy out to cause heat.

There's always a level of competition between the two companies. I was pointing out that given the highly lacklustre response to BvS, it might be worth DC's while to allow Marvel the bigger slice of the SDCC pie this year, in reverse of what happened last year.

CW will be out before SDCC, so that means it'll probably have DS, GOTG2 and maybe Thor Ragnarock will be featured at SDCC.

DC will have SS and maybe something for WW by this SDCC?

Surely they'll have some Justice League footage to show, even if it's under 30 seconds. Similar to what they did with BvS. SDCC isn't for another 99 days, lots of time to get something together to showcase. Don't know how exciting the WW stuff will be considering there's no "wow" factor to her, since she was already in BvS. With Suicide Squad they've already shown a lot of footage, plus it will be about 2 weeks before the movie comes out, they don't want to spoil things so close to release.

99 days and apparently Justice League is supposed to start filming tomorrow? Count on there being JL footage at SDCC.

CW will be out before SDCC, so that means it'll probably have DS, GOTG2 and maybe Thor Ragnarock will be featured at SDCC.

DC will have SS and maybe something for WW by this SDCC?

Don't forget, Spidey starts filming in June too... Could be something there, even if it's brief.

That's true. I'm still very surprised about its legs. Same for Deadpool. We're gonna start seeing more tentpoles released in February from now on. It's not gonna be a dumping ground anymore

I knew Zootopia would do well, but I didn't think it would outgross BvS. Animated movies have RIDICULOUS leg muscles though. They just keep raking in the dough.

That's true. I'm still very surprised about its legs. Same for Deadpool. We're gonna start seeing more tentpoles released in February from now on. It's not gonna be a dumping ground anymore

I'd love if tentpoles got released every month. The worst time for me is oscar movie season. OOOOOOOOOH GOD I hate those boring dramas. Hopefully we won't get a situation where indie properties feel muscled out though.

1. DS
2. GoTG2
3. Thor Ragnarok
4. Spider-Man?

Yeah BvS weekend actuals should be in in about 1 hour once the markets close

Interesting article here:

And somehow, even though Batman v Superman has grossed ridiculous amounts of money ($783 million worldwide, as of this writing), it could either take a loss or barely eke out a profit, because Warner Brothers spent such a jaw-dropping amount of money making and marketing it: reportedly $250 million for the former and another $150 million for the latter. That’s a half-billion-dollar movie, and it has to at least double that worldwide to show a profit (thanks to the portion of those grosses kept by theaters). Thanks to BvS’s free-falling week-to-week numbers – it dropped out of the top slot last weekend, smarting from bad reviews and toxic word-of-mouth – some box office experts are predicting it won’t even clear that hurdle.

http://flavorwire.com/570473/warner...ox-office-disappointment-of-batman-v-superman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"