BvS Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
11401061_854909737891746_5421470112418583445_n.jpg

I actually like this but I think the green and orange are poor choices for this piece

Hardly.

Give me more of the normal batsuit.

Yes please.

I actually understand why they always use armored batman in all this "VS" promo material with emphasis on the two titular character battling each other, as it was meant to visually tie Batman that fights Superman with that armored look. I am 100% sure we won't see him fight Superman in a regular batsuit.

And it's a good use of that visual aspect, because we'll always make the connection of Batman that is antagonistic to Superman to this suit and not his regular one, which we'll see him wear in JL films, when he's standing next to Superman as an ally. So this design basically creates a distance between two "versions" of that character.

With all that being said, I fail to see the need for that design in art that depicts Trinity, such as this one:

11378171_408058762731549_1111160092_n.jpg

It just doesn't work and it kinda kills the point, I find. You have three comic book accurate suits and when you put these three characters together, it usually evokes many drawings of Trinity we saw through the years (like it is the case with mannequins on Licensing Expo or that official Trinity poster), but having Batman in his TDKR mech suit ruins that image. Superman looks like he always does, in his regal outfit, Wonder Woman look like an ancient warrior that she's supposed to be and Batman doesn't look like a dark creature as much as he looks like a robot.

But this isn't the Trinity. I expect a proper Trinity photo when they are united. In this film they'll be fighting at least half of the film and unite right at the end, so promoting them now as a team makes no sense.

But this isn't the Trinity. I expect a proper Trinity photo when they are united. In this film they'll be fighting at least half of the film and unite right at the end, so promoting them now as a team makes no sense.

I was referring to the picture above. If it's meant to emphasize Batman VS Superman aspect, then why shove Wonder Woman in the art? If Wonder Woman is there, then give as goddamn Batman in his regular suit, as there's no visual purpose behind the armored suit in this art like there is in the other one, where there are only those two and they are fighting each other.

And, actually, this film is closest to Trinity that we'll get in this universe as next one is Justice League. I don't think we'll get the promo depicting only three of them for JL, given that Aquaman and Cyborg will already appear in BvS. From what we saw so far, I kinda see this film as combination of "The Dark Knight Returns", "Kingdom Come" and Matt Wagner's "Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman - Trinity".

Besides, there hasn't been a single art of this kind with Batman looking like... well, Batman.

Maybe WW is the one who breaks up the fight, kicks their asses for a while and shows Batman who the real villain is ? :D

william, i saw that middle picture online. The guy who did that (and a bunch of others, including an aquaman and mera one) is really good.

I went back and re-added brightness and contrast to WonderGal's face and Batfleck's suit:

0nkc4p.jpg

Good stuff! It's still bugging me the contrast on her arm being different to her suit. I couldn't get it quite right.

Edit: William, those are great! Love creative art like that.

I'm gonna trace this and draw their respective costumes, and then colorize it...

I'm gonna trace this and draw their respective costumes, and then colorize it...

Superb job Vonter! These are just magnificent. Once they are completed I will gladly post them on the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Fans page and the DC Cinematic Universe page on Facebook!

Maybe WW is the one who breaks up the fight, kicks their asses for a while and shows Batman who the real villain is ? :D
I think that's the point of the last one..
I actually understand why they always use armored batman in all this "VS" promo material with emphasis on the two titular character battling each other, as it was meant to visually tie Batman that fights Superman with that armored look. I am 100% sure we won't see him fight Superman in a regular batsuit.

And it's a good use of that visual aspect, because we'll always make the connection of Batman that is antagonistic to Superman to this suit and not his regular one, which we'll see him wear in JL films, when he's standing next to Superman as an ally. So this design basically creates a distance between two "versions" of that character.

With all that being said, I fail to see the need for that design in art that depicts Trinity, such as this one:

11378171_408058762731549_1111160092_n.jpg

It just doesn't work and it kinda kills the point, I find. You have three comic book accurate suits and when you put these three characters together, it usually evokes many drawings of Trinity we saw through the years (like it is the case with mannequins on Licensing Expo or that official Trinity poster), but having Batman in his TDKR mech suit ruins that image. Superman looks like he always does, in his regal outfit, Wonder Woman look like an ancient warrior that she's supposed to be and Batman doesn't look like a dark creature as much as he looks like a robot.
Wouldn't be also a possibility that Batman may wear the armor to help the league? If that pic is real and of course besides maybe as the pal above said that WW is the one that breaks the fight, maybe they are putting Batman in the robo armor for JL to fight whatever the threat is coming and that's why it's promoted like that?

By the way don't worry we will have plenty of Trinity (correctly put the iconic 3 suits) shots and promos in this one. No doubt about that. Maybe SDCC is the first time we see a good shot at them? :word:

got a request. could someone turn this picture into a PNG with transparent background, while keeping the same dimensions? thanks

DNcdLx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"