BvS Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was teamwork guys. I have to admit, you guys were right, thinner looks even better. It still fits right over his eyelid, just barely though. :D

I definitely don't want glowing. Basically as all the previous filmmakers have done, just have a play with lighting to highlight the eyes part and make them be more prominent. The idea for the lenses i had in mind was just a material like 3M that bounces off light, making it easier to get that look. The digital technique sounds good too, but i'm scared after the **** job they did with Green Lantern's mask. That was horrible!

I agree that GL didn't look all that great, but that was made 5 years ago. Technology has advanced considerably in that short amount of time (I mean look at 'Rise Apes' compared to 'Dawn Apes'!)

Even back then CGI was at a great place, they just half "butted" it. They didn't really try. I mean Rise of the Planet of the Apes came out the same year as Green Lantern. The CGI in GL was great except for his suit (specially the mask.)

Jim Lee style:
3i5HTv1.jpg

No lenses vs the before the Jim Lee edit:
cF7osoh.png

PS: Does anyone know the location or name of the building where they shot the Batmobile and first Batman photos for BvS? I got a crazy idea in mind.

Sorry for all the edits. Something I'm working on. In very rough stage and many many many refinements and touch ups to do. It's in colour but I intentionally blurred it/coloured it sepia to keep it a mystery slightly.
Qb08VQth.jpeg

Last edited:
In case anyone wanted some smartphone wallpaper!

One more for you guys. If anyone thinks it would look better with Bats and Supes AROUND the symbols, let me know!

Can you do one with just the logos (without the black background or transparent Batman and Superman)?

You mean the combined logos with just a plain white background?

Separate. A Batman logo and a separate Superman logo. White background is ok. Black is too. Pretty much, your current pictures, without the faded Batman and Superman. Just the separate symbols.

Matter of fact, your existing background is perfect. Just a separate one for each individual symbol is desired.

People, people...you all are thinking too practically here! Yes a physical cowl sculpted with the Jim Lee eye slits would be made for certain instances, but the majority of the time it would be added in digitally. I'd think theyd have an open-faced cowl for the actor to perform in, with motion capture dots on his brow, cheeks, and forehead. I know it would look odd in set photos, but at the industry's technical level these days (and this wouldnt happen for a few years Id say) the finished product would be exactly what we've all been talking about wanting. It could be done no question. I just think it hasnt so far because why put up with that added cost when all the GA has ever seen on screen is a cowl with eye holes amd racoon eye paint? Why spend that extra money to cater to that small fanbase who would even care about the eyes? Well, I for one think it could be done, should be done, and eventually, will be done.

Exactly.

And this is exactly what I always have in mind when talking about white lenses. Those snake slits.

Jim_Lee__s_Superman_and_Batman_by_commanderlewis.jpg

He looks much less human with them.

Separate. A Batman logo and a separate Superman logo. White background is ok. Black is too. Pretty much, your current pictures, without the faded Batman and Superman. Just the separate symbols.

Matter of fact, your existing background is perfect. Just a separate one for each individual symbol is desired.

Here you go!

It's the licensing trinity banner in HD and had a watermark on it. I was told that the original source that got hit with the takedown notice, was the same who released the colour Batman frontal shot.

I threw a quick concept together to showcase an opinion/idea i've had for years now. I always thought the Batman cowl should have lenses that are slightly reflective but when you have a close up, you can see his eyes. That would surprised and naturally freak out people when they suddenly see eyes behind the creature like "mask" staring back at them. The one on the left is what it could look like when little to no light is reflected, while the right one shows how's light "reflecting off". Remember, whether you like or hate lenses, don't knock this for lack of refinement. It's just a quick example. :yay:

DSixkgu.png

Yes, this is what I've always thought would work too. Good job. I personally don't think that's quite the right shape for the lenses, and they're too big (I think you've got for a bit-too-literal BTAS look) but you've done a good job of evoking how such lenses would work.

I think for it to really look right, the lenses need to be smaller, have a bit more of an anatomical/organic shape and have a bit more of the anatomical eye structure in the sculpt around the eyes. Something closer to Charlie Cox's DD mask, although it's hard to find good well-lit close-ups of that to really get a good look.

Edit - Just saw the squintier version. Much closer.

Last edited:
PS: Does anyone know the location or name of the building where they shot the Batmobile and first Batman photos for BvS? I got a crazy idea in mind.

Sorry for all the edits. Something I'm working on. In very rough stage and many many many refinements and touch ups to do. It's in colour but I intentionally blurred it/coloured it sepia to keep it a mystery slightly.
Qb08VQth.jpeg

Here's something I hope can give you a head start on this. I combined the grainy SDCC photo with the recent banner photo we got (since its the same pic of Batfleck) and it sits well, I just can't do well with specifics like blending and consistency. The texture and detail of the suit is the biggest challenge to try to blend and match up. But, here you go!

Jim Lee style:
3i5HTv1.jpg

[/img]

Yeah, that's real-life Batman right there.

:hmr:

The Jim Lee art people have been posting is great.

Far more illustrative, to me, is that you'd be hard pressed to post comic book artwork of Batman *without* the lenses. The panels just aren't there - I mean, it's been done, but rarely. And it looks ultra goofy (imho) when you can see his human eyes in comic form.

Given that the CGI technique exists, and that they obviously cared enough to give the white eyes to his robot suit, I just don't know why they didn't give it a shot.

Exactly.

And this is exactly what I always have in mind when talking about white lenses. Those snake slits.

On a side note, I have the digital line art for this set of panels and want to manip it to include the BvS suits, and then do the coloring myself...big project, but would love to see it!

On a side note, I have the digital line art for this set of panels and want to manip it to include the BvS suits, and then do the coloring myself...big project, but would love to see it!

That's a great idea! I'd really like to see that. I hope you won't give up on that plan.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Look a few posts up. ;)

I have to say that it's embarrassing seeing a mistake I made in the manip, specially so late after posting it. :csad:

Here's something I hope can give you a head start on this. I combined the grainy SDCC photo with the recent banner photo we got (since its the same pic of Batfleck) and it sits well, I just can't do well with specifics like blending and consistency. The texture and detail of the suit is the biggest challenge to try to blend and match up. But, here you go!

That's actually pretty cool of you. How did you get part of the image to be so clear? The sample I posted, everything is recreated from various images. The wall, the floor, the Batmobile. It's really challenging, specially the suit as you said. There's so few good images of the suit to go by for this.

Look a few posts up. ;)

I have to say that it's embarrassing seeing a mistake I made in the manip, specially so late after posting it. :csad:

That's actually pretty cool of you. How did you get part of the image to be so clear? The sample I posted, everything is recreated from various images. The wall, the floor, the Batmobile. It's really challenging, specially the suit as you said. There's so few good images of the suit to go by for this.

Well besides the upper body being copied and pasted from a higher quality image, I cleared up the rest of the pic by slightly blurring it and making it darker to reduce pixelation.

Look a few posts up. ;)

Hey, how the hell did I miss it?

Now this:

3i5HTv1.jpg

is great! :up:

I also like the transparent ones you made with his eyes being visible behind the lenses, though they are a bit too big for my liking.

^ A bit too much Batboob for me, but otherwise a cool concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"