Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, he doesn't even need kryptonite. He can just trap him under some red sun lamps. Beat the **** out him like that.

The real question is who would be the first to extend a hand of friendship?

Superman would be the first to extend his hand in friendship after laying the smack down to Batman. Seriously I get people want to have hope for Batman but in a real straight up fight Superman would win. Even with Batman getting some prep-time Superman would win. It takes a while for him to lose his powers under the red sun and even with kryptonite it takes a while especially if he decides to keep his distance (case in point read Luthor). The real question is not if Batman could win but how long would he be able to stay alive much like in Hush. Batman knew he couldn't win he was just trying to stay alive long enough till Catwoman came with Lois.

Are you kidding me?

99.99% of the time, Batman is a smear on Superman's fist.

But in a world where anything can happen, I suppose Batman could somehow win.

(snickers)

I Like Batman and its Apparel:

batrider-2-1__86867_std.jpg

http://www.celebsclothing.com/products/Batman-Begins-Christian-Bale-Real-Leather-Jacket.html

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

Has anyone shared this video or even looked at this?

Kryptonite or no Kryptonite,Superman would whoop Batman's candy ass

If Superman wanted it always Superman but the real answer is whoever the writer wants to win

Edit: I just realised I'd already posted here lol

Last edited:
SUPERMAN! He's holding back when he fights Bruce, and most everyone else he fights for that matter. As Superman says in the most recent DOJ trailer, "If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

If Superman wanted it always Superman but the real answer is whoever the writer wants to win

That is the ultimate truth of every superhero smackdown.

For a look at what Superman would be like if he didn't hold back check out last year's issues of Earth 2. The evil
bizarro clone of
Superman pretty much anhillates every superhero he comes across - it isn't even close - until a new Superman arrives.

Even Earth 2 Batman has the good sense not to take him on - he rips off giant-size atom's arm and beats him over the head with it. That version of Superman would wipe his ass with Batman's cape.

EARTH2-21-3-aa0cd1.jpg

Part of the reason Superman gets his ass kicked by Batman in DKR is that all along he's holding back, not really wanting to fight.

Sadly, I feel like he's going to get a very undeserved ass-kicking in B v S, for the same reason.

While on one level it's neat to think that Batman, who's just a man, can take down someone who's virtually a god, we should remember that he literally had to die to do it, in DKR and only with an intense amount of cunning, and preparation. Miller scripts and draws it in such a way that we can buy it.

. In DKSA he beats up Superman without breaking a sweat, which lost me right away, aside from the general crappiness of that book.

But at the end of the day, it is the writer who is god (at least for his/her run on the particular book), which is why under John Byrne Lobo nearly killed Superman but a year or two later Supes knocked him into orbit with a single punch.

I love Batman! But I'd say easily Superman. If it were ever serious enough for them to fight to the death Superman would easily prevail in my opinion. But hey, it's comic book characters so anything could happen no matter how ridiculous. Example, The Punisher once killed the entire Marvel universe.

How come whenever Lex or Metallo have kryptonite Superman is like "I must find a way to triumph over the odds!" but whenever Batman is literally holding a sliver of kryptonite in his bare hands two feet in front of him Superman is all "There is nothing I can do!"

Because I see that so much in these fights. When they first meet in the DCAU Batman just holds it up in a bag right in front of his face. Just slap it out of his hand!

220 people voted for Batman. That's 220 reasons to lose faith in humanity.

It is interesting that Superman's code must have him hold back from killing or maiming Batman. That does somewhat even the playing field. And then with Batman using Kryptonite and a mech-suit (plus all the other gadget-y tricks up his sleeve) and pretty soon we've got a real fight on our hands.

But with Supes not holding back? Batman is a cinder. Or frozen solid in a block of ice. Or flung into something with such terrific force there is no surviving it. Etc.

How come whenever Lex or Metallo have kryptonite Superman is like "I must find a way to triumph over the odds!" but whenever Batman is literally holding a sliver of kryptonite in his bare hands two feet in front of him Superman is all "There is nothing I can do!"

Because I see that so much in these fights. When they first meet in the DCAU Batman just holds it up in a bag right in front of his face. Just slap it out of his hand!

I know what you mean lol. A lot of the arguments are Batman is more intelegent and he would use Kryptonite Supermans biggest and almost only weakness. Yeah that may be true. But Batman is Human. Simple as that. Outside of Kryptonite there is not much else if anything Batman could use. Batman however, if Superman were to not hold back could throw him into a building, throw him into the sun, grab him fly up thousands of feet rip of his cape and drop him, blast him with heat vision or just outright punch him through the face.
That simple. But like I said in my previous post. We are talking about Comic Book character so anything could happen.

I know what you mean lol. A lot of the arguments are Batman is more intelegent and he would use Kryptonite Supermans biggest and almost only weakness. Yeah that may be true. But Batman is Human. Simple as that. Outside of Kryptonite there is not much else if anything Batman could use.

I know that some people automatically exclude anything outside of the main continuity, but I think this sequence in Red Son illustrates why no single human mind could react quickly enough to counteract Superman's power in battle.

For any human to even survive an encounter with Superman, there have to be several strict prior controls set to the battle--a perfect storm, if you will.

I know that some people automatically exclude anything outside of the main continuity, but I think this sequence in Red Son illustrates why no single human mind could react quickly enough to counteract Superman's power in battle.

For any human to even survive an encounter with Superman, there have to be several strict prior controls set to the battle--a perfect storm, if you will.

Of course, in Red Son Batman kicks the **** out of Superman - once he's depowered him with red sun lamps.

Red Son Superman reminds me a bit of the Silver Age Superman, in terms of his level of power - main continuity Superman isn't that strong, fast or invulnerable. Still, Red Son was a wonderful Superman story.

Actually you've brought up something that always bugged me about Superman - his super speed, it's the super power he has when speedsters are around, but seems to be forgotten otherwise (it's the one writers seem to conveniently drop off, except when the story calls for it ) I mean if Supes really used his super-speed at even a fraction of its potential, he'd be pretty much invincible (or require writers to work out a way around it, but instead they usually take the lazy way out and just forget about it).

Although sometimes they remember !
Superman+Flash.jpg

I said this to bat-mannerism recently but I was writing a treatment my own elseworlds story called King of Gotham sometime ago. It was about a Bruce Wayne that was raised my the mob who used the Batman alias to terrify his enemies. Superman comes to Gotham to deal with him and in order for the story to work I had to have Batman kick the s**t out of Superman before Superman returned at the end to deal with Batman. This is coming from a Supermsn fan aswell but I quickly realised its hard to make the fight interesting if Superman wins. The only way I could have him win one was to lose one and take on a Batman who is primarily a villain. I am no writer though so maybe I just couldn't think of a way to write a fight with Superman winning hands down.

I tell you one if the best fights between the two (which was very the Dark Knight Returns) was on the Batman:Brave and the Bold animated series. It works because Superman is infected by Red Kryptonite, Batman probably does get a bit longer on top in the fight but by the fights end Superman has Batman by the skull and if not for the 24 hours of Red Zk poisoning been up he would have killed him. Now I'm not saying that this is the way to go using Red K but they could end the fight this way anyway giving Superman a 'victory' but have him realise he isn't a killer and drop Batman. Given the narrative of BvS I could see them going down this route in all honesty (again not with Red K).

I am wondering how Snyder has dealt with the fight tbh.

Superman, no doubt & make sense (no use krypton)

I said this to bat-mannerism recently but I was writing a treatment my own elseworlds story called King of Gotham sometime ago. It was about a Bruce Wayne that was raised my the mob who used the Batman alias to terrify his enemies. Superman comes to Gotham to deal with him and in order for the story to work I had to have Batman kick the s**t out of Superman before Superman returned at the end to deal with Batman. This is coming from a Supermsn fan aswell but I quickly realised its hard to make the fight interesting if Superman wins. The only way I could have him win one was to lose one and take on a Batman who is primarily a villain. I am no writer though so maybe I just couldn't think of a way to write a fight with Superman winning hands down.

I tell you one if the best fights between the two (which was very the Dark Knight Returns) was on the Batman:Brave and the Bold animated series. It works because Superman is infected by Red Kryptonite, Batman probably does get a bit longer on top in the fight but by the fights end Superman has Batman by the skull and if not for the 24 hours of Red Zk poisoning been up he would have killed him. Now I'm not saying that this is the way to go using Red K but they could end the fight this way anyway giving Superman a 'victory' but have him realise he isn't a killer and drop Batman. Given the narrative of BvS I could see them going down this route in all honesty (again not with Red K).

I am wondering how Snyder has dealt with the fight tbh.

Here's what I think would work pretty well dramatically:

Once Superman has been sufficiently weakened by the green Kryptonite to even the playing field, Batman using his mech-suit and with his advanced martial arts skills will be basically be kicking the **** out of him. Bats will have Supes on the ropes. Superman will actually be at risk of being killed as he takes this beating. Superman then is forced once more to choose about taking a life: will he kill Batman in order to survive? He probably feels he is needed by the world to protect against crazies like The Batman of Gotham. But he knows that because he is so powerful he must keep his god-like powers in check by always avoiding to take lives, etc.

Just before Superman is forced to act one way or the other (i.e., to let himself be killed or kill in self-defense), I think Wonder Woman will appear and intervene. She will bring information about how Lex has been playing both of them against the other, and get the two of them allied with her as a trio to face the real threat.

The radically differing viewpoints that Superman and Batman have in their conflict of approaches to combating the world's evils will however underscore why the JL needs to form. Ironically, both will have valid points and it just needs Wondy's diplomacy to get them to see that and reconcile the opposing worldviews.

Batman having to go through an existential crisis (what is his purpose now, in this new world of god-like beings?), and a bit of a meltdown, is kind of required for the story. But he will be brought back to his usual sober senses. Superman is still growing in terms of reconciling his lofty principles with our real world in which sometimes a lesser of two evils has to be selected.

Edit: Also! Just like two boys that dust it up on the playground by kind of testing each other, and their own toughness, etc., they will bond through that very experience. I expect a moving moment by the end of the film where we we see that they have become brothers after this fight--and of course also in joining together to defeat Doomsday. As soldiers do. Like you're my brother now and I will die for you if need be.

Last edited:
I don't think WW will intervene, I think the first time we see her in costume will be that sense with Doomsday. I think given the dialogue between Batman and Superman it's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"