Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again people lets look at the facts. Batman has only beat Superman when Frank Miller(a man known for writing Superman as Batmans whipping boy and Batman as a God) writes the stories while Superman has beaten Batman in:
Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow
Luthor (When Batman had a huge chunk of kryptonite)
Superman/Batman #3 (in the bat cave of all places)
Hush (owned Batman till Catwan threw Lois off a building)
Superman Sacrifice (put him in a coma in under 20 sec)

So really Superman should win but in fan voting yes he will lose by popular vote.

Once again people lets look at the facts. Batman has only beat Superman when Frank Miller(a man known for writing Superman as Batmans whipping boy and Batman as a God) writes the stories while Superman has beaten Batman in:
Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow

So really Superman should win but in fan voting yes he will lose by popular vote.

This. It's not even a contest.
Superman destroys batman before Bruce realizes what's happening.

Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow

Superman is winning the popular vote in this thread, though. I think the voting was rigged since you could vote multiple times from more than one device.

None of them.
Superman is a boy scoot and Batman forget his Kryptonic shard in the batcave.

Even without Kryptonite at play, Superman still has two weaknesses that Batman can exploit in order to win:

1.) His emotional connection to his Mother, Lana, Lois, Jimmy, etc. It's already been established that Batman will fight 'dirty' in order to do what's necessary or survive (after all, Batman was willing to basically commit murder/genocide in the face of death against Darkseid), so nothing is off limits with him. He'll use them as leverage.

2.) Kal-El depends on our Sun in order to stay alive and harness his powers. If Bruce were to drain or deny Superman of the Sun's rays, then all bets are off. Kal-El would be at Batman's mercy if such a device were to exist, or event were to occur.

Fans can state that prep-time is overrated but would you honestly give a great strategist time to pick apart your defenses? I doubt it. In a spontaneous bout, Kal-El takes the win, but if he hands Bruce even an hour it could end up bringing him to his knees.

In order for Batman to win you really have to dig for plot devices (that's why Kryptonite was even created, because Superman was so immensely powerful). Totally unbeatable may be a cool thing to imagine being, but becomes boring as a story element. In a knockdown drag out no holds barred physical match up only a handful of heroes stand a chance; Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, or Power Girl. A good writer can come up with something interesting, but beating Superman should be a loooooong shot for most beings whose abilities are physical in nature.:yay:

Even without Kryptonite at play, Superman still has two weaknesses that Batman can exploit in order to win:

1.) His emotional connection to his Mother, Lana, Lois, Jimmy, etc. It's already been established that Batman will fight 'dirty' in order to do what's necessary or survive (after all, Batman was willing to basically commit murder/genocide in the face of death against Darkseid), so nothing is off limits with him. He'll use them as leverage.

2.) Kal-El depends on our Sun in order to stay alive and harness his powers. If Bruce were to drain or deny Superman of the Sun's rays, then all bets are off. Kal-El would be at Batman's mercy if such a device were to exist, or event were to occur.

Fans can state that prep-time is overrated but would you honestly give a great strategist time to pick apart your defenses? I doubt it. In a spontaneous bout, Kal-El takes the win, but if he hands Bruce even an hour it could end up bringing him to his knees.

Keep in mind that you'll need to give Superman time to prep too. Superman can do more than Batman can do in that time. He's typically portrayed as being incredibly smart. You mentioned Superman's weakness for his loved ones, he can save them all and dingle Alfred in front of Batman before Bats can get to his car.

If we're just basing this only off of the Bruce Timm series, then I think your point is valid. If you include other media, it's not close in my mind.

Keep in mind that you'll need to give Superman time to prep too. Superman can do more than Batman can do in that time. He's typically portrayed as being incredibly smart. You mentioned Superman's weakness for his loved ones, he can save them all and dingle Alfred in front of Batman before Bats can get to his car.

If we're just basing this only off of the Bruce Timm series, then I think your point is valid. If you include other media, it's not close in my mind.

Batman has been portrayed in a more cruel fashion in other interpretations, not just Timm. It also doesn't matter if Kal-El is intelligent himself. He's still not on Bruce's level in various arcs. The consensus indicates Batman has the superior intellect. So, in essence, Superman can do a magnitude of things in under an hour because of his powers but he won't be able to crack what Batman has planned, he can't save everyone, and at the same time protect himself from dangers.

Prep-time wise, the advantage will always belong to Batman just for the sole reason that he's always a couple of steps ahead of everyone.

Batman has been portrayed in a more cruel fashion in other interpretations, not just Timm. It also doesn't matter if Kal-El is intelligent himself. He's still not on Bruce's level in various arcs. The consensus indicates Batman has the superior intellect. So, in essence, Superman can do a magnitude of things in under an hour because of his powers but he won't be able to crack what Batman has planned, he can't save everyone, and at the same time protect himself from dangers.

Prep-time wise, the advantage will always belong to Batman just for the sole reason that he's always a couple of steps ahead of everyone.

Agree to disagree then. We're obviously just choosing our favorites, but I feel like Superman's intellect is being extremely underestimated. There's a lot more to the character than why I think a lot of the Batman fans are assuming. I agree that Batman is a great character and portrayed as being a genius, but at the end of the day he's trying to kill a god.

I dunno. who would win between the punisher and the HULK.

in his own comics Superman is portrayed as way smarter than Batman. when they get together he's usually just average intelligence to give Batman a reason to be there.

also Superman has gotten ruthless. Watch Superman vs. the Elite or read the comic

Superman wasn't ruthless in the elite. I want to see superman go all OUT! I want to see him rip an opponents arms off and smack them with it. I want to see that superman.

Superman wasn't ruthless in the elite. I want to see superman go all OUT! I want to see him rip an opponents arms off and smack them with it. I want to see that superman.

That's not Superman, though. Maybe Black Adam, but not Superman.

Which is the point then Superman unwillingness to go ruthless is why some people pick batman

Superman is smarter than Batman in the same way a computer is smarter than a man. Can a computer analyze data, be able to operate many technological advances, absorb a great amount of information, do instantaneous calculations in its head, and remember all the digits in Pi? Yes. But can a computer do detective work, come up with a tactical plan to defeat an opponent based on studying their strengths, connections, and emotions, figure out what trap Luthor has in mind, and be many steps ahead of his opponents unless specifically programmed to be that many steps ahead by a person who actually is many steps ahead? No.

The reason why Batman can keep up with the JL and with Superman is not because he is smart while everyone else is an idiot. Thee are many smart JL members on the team too. Batman is unique in that aspect because unlike the other smart members that approach the problem from only one angle, Batman always approaches the problem at hand from multiple angles. Another thing that separates Batman's intelligence from Superman and everyone else's intelligence is that while everyone else usually goes after an opponent's weaknesses, Batman often goes after the opponent's strengths. And if someone goes after your strengths, what exactly do you have to fall back on? Nothing but your weaknesses, which won't help you out much.

That going after strengths makes no sense. I was with you up until that point. Batman has never done that.

I guess this might have been posted before:

biggrecheese-batman-vs-superman.gif

the only way I see Batman winning is if he had some insanely prepared trap with very specialized circumstances (solar eclipse or something after Superman is already damaged etc) where everything has to go just right. Even then Its a long shot. Superman's restraint is Batman's biggest advantage also IMO.

Anything less diminishes both characters. Batman's humanity and Superman being Superman. Kryptonite is a complete cheat and frankly using it really proves nothing about Batman himself.

To be honest, if superman were a baddie he would throw batman into the sun. If he were immune to kryptonite he could kill batman and literally all his friends. But guess what? HE ISN'T! Batman will be relying on these weaknesses to send superman to heaven. In all their fights superman has never been able to kill batman due to his mercy. However batman will be hellbent on beating up this idiot in an elastic onesie. Batman will exploit super mans kryptonite weakness to neutralise super mans powers and make Lois Lane a widow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"