Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by boywonder13, Aug 13, 2005.

?

Who would WIn Batman vs. SUperman?

1. Batman

2. Superman

3. Batman

4. Superman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwilightPro101 ........

2. GarudA Registered

Come on, If Superman really wanted to beat Batman he would end up killing him, which he would not due. People forget that all Superman has to due is just one quick super breath and bats would be blown away.

3. Katsuro Registered

Yeah, theoretically Superman should be able to beat Batman. Flight + Laser vision = unbeatable by someone who can't fly. Superman's just not smart enough to do it... Which is why Batman wins. Brains > Brawn.

4. VENTURE Guest

:supes: The Man Of Steel hands Down....All he needs is to fire one burst of lazer from the super eyes fro a distance of say 100miles and bats would be dead.......................................Lets face it guys B ats is good but he is only flesh and bones. Bats can hang on to that green rock all he wants to.:batman:

5. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

The question is not whether he could, but whether he would. Superman would never go so far as to kill Batman. Batman, on the other hand, if he figured him a big enough threat, would kryptonite his ass to oblivion. You see how he talks to Supes, and he knows full well how powerful he is, but he doesn't always respect him like that.

6. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

I can't believe that I'm actually responding to this thread, but I'm bored, so...

Why wouldn't Superman just do exactly what he did in "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel" and just blow the kryptonite right out of Batman's hands, then commence to beat the snot out of the Bat?

Note that I would like to see a World's Finest movie some day, but asking who would win in a fight is kind of a dumb question unless it's an adaptation of the DKR battle (where Batman had a nuclear winter blocking the sun, Superman weakened by a nuclear bomb, a tank, a dozen missiles, kryptonite, sonic weapons, and a superpowered suit on his side to help him fight Superman. And even then, the fight was still pretty much a tie).

7. Masut Registered

Superman wouldn't have the heart to kill Batman. Batman will do whatever is necessary.

So Bats gets my vote on this. Although I love both heroes equally. :)

8. Dr. Fate Registered

Superman owns Batman. You know it, too.

9. true316 Registered

I still don't get this arguement. Batman is darker and more brooding. But I thought that despite there differences in methods there were bound by alot of the same principles. Doesn't Batman have a strict "no killing, no guns" mentality? Shoot, even Superman's used guns before (when he came back from the dead). I know Batman bends the rules sometimes but there are certain lines he doesn't cross. I don't really like the idea of them fighting but if they did Superman would win.

10. Sundancer Cynicist

why do we have polls like this? :confused:

11. Evil Dead 13 Registered

Feh. I detest Superman. As in DETEST. And the reason I detest him is because he's just too powerful. I mean, he has all these fancy powers--and to me, that doesn't count for much. You want someone with guts? You go to Batman. Figure, it takes a lot to sacrifice yourself on a daily basis with nothing but your mind to keep you alive. To me, that's a hero.

But, much as I hate to admit it (in a grr::grumble::grumble kinda way) Superman could defeat Batman, no problem. Super-powers out rank mortal power, no matter how you look at it. (Unless of course Bats were to impliment Kryptonite before Superman knew what was going on--in which case, giddiness would ensue.)

However, if you had an even playing field--one where Superman was reduced to a permanent "Clark Kent" state (for lack of better term), then Batman could take him down, no problem. But of course I am heavily biased in my opinion--Bats has always been my favorite.

12. true316 Registered

I've got to respectfully disagree with you on this point Evil Dead. I always liked the idea that Batman didn't have advantages like other superheroes. It was a point of uniqueness that I thought was cool. The thing is Batman relies on alot more than his mind to survive; he does have a major advantage. I think that every superhero has an advantage of some kind. For Superman it was being born on another planet. For Spider-man it was being bitten by a radioactive spider. For Batman it is the fact that he was born into an incredibly wealthy family. If you take away the money than Bruce Wayne never could have been become Batman much less maintained the day-to-day pursuit. He was able to finance his travels around the world acquiring martial arts knowledge and detective skills. Bat-computers, bat-costumes, batmobiles, etc. don't come cheap I imagine. Does the fact that he has this advantage make him less of a hero? I've done some thinking and decided the answer is no. It's not that he has an advantage that matters, it's what he does with his advantage that counts.

That's precisely why I think Superman is such a great hero. He has these amazing powers and what does he do with them? Has he used them to acquire great wealth for himself? Has he used them to force his views upon others? Superman chose the way of servant rather than the way of a ruler and I think thats cool. More than anyone else he could live above and beyond the problems of "ordinary" people. But his choice is to help people that he isn't obligated to help. His uncle wasn't killed, people aren't discriminating against him because he's a mutant, his parents weren't gunned down in front of him. He helps people simply because he cares. To me that makes him a great hero.

Even though I disagree with you I respect your opinion. To each his own. :up:

13. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

Your entire opinion on this matter falls apart right there as you have shown that you know nothing of Superman compared to the threats that he faces, considering the fact that most of the villains that Superman fights are quite capable of putting a savage beating on him.

Would you consider Spider-man to be too powerful?

14. Shuley Registered

It really depends how the fight is going to go,Is the fight planned ahead of time? Or is it going to be spur of the moment?

Planned fight..Batman Wins

Spontanous Fight...Superman Wins

15. Evil Dead 13 Registered

Yus. I freely admit I know absolutely nothing about Superman--but I can't help how I feel about him. I don't like him enough to bother to learn anything about him--but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he could kick Batman's butt if he really wanted.

And I know Batman has advantages and such--but I'm thinking without his mind, he has nothing. I mean, he could have all the money in the world, but if he didn't know how to use it, it amounts to nothing, you dig? That's why I'm thinking it's his intelligence that keeps him alive.

It's cool that people do like Superman--I mean he is pretty much the first superhero and such. But, he's not for me. And I hate it that he can, in fact, beat Batman. Don't like it one bit, but there it is.

16. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

"Who WOULD win" depends on the situation.

In a fight... you just place these two heroes in a room, Superman wins. There's simply no way that Batman, even with Kryptonite, can take out Superman at close ranger (Kryptonite doesn't take effect instantly, and can be covered or pushed away).

In a STORY... Batman and Superman take place in the context of stories... in a universe... and while Superman obviously beats Batman on paper, the INTERESTING stories about conflicts between these two involve Batman coming out on top in some aspect. If Batman doesn't win in a story, why write a story? Why not just have a cage match and be done with it...

So in short, since Batman and Superman (outside of vs threads) are never suddenly thrust into a room to battle to the death, I can only conclude that conflicts between them would take place within the context of a story... and as such, the only interesting alternative is Batman defeating Superman on some level, if not physically, then phillosophically (as in DKR) and thusly, Batman WOULD win, even though Superman SHOULD and CAN win.

17. true316 Registered

I understand where you're coming from. It's all good. :up:

18. bengali The new Thundercat Lord!

I say Sups, if he knocks out batman with one hit, flys him to an open field where he can't grapple anything and drops him from 10'000ft up, Bats goes bye bye, simple as that. Sups can handle the fall bats can't! hands down Sups has this one in the bag! :supes:

19. boywondernerdDC Registered

why is this thread in the movie section?

20. TheFalcon Registered

Batman could take Superman as long as he has some access to Kryptonite and some time to plan the attack. If there's no prep-time and no kryptonite Superman will take it easily.

I'm voting for Supes.

21. Captain Kirk The Captain

DC is foolish to have allowed this farce to go on this long. Batman fanboys are an amazing breed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bat fans claiming, that with prep time, Batman could take out Q:D Batman is so beneath Superman! Even with Kryptonite, Batman would be either ashes or paste depending on Superman's mood. Or, how would Batman like an all expenses paid trip to the Phantom Zone! They should be friends, and not enemies. Still, Batman would do well to stay on Big Blues good side!:supes:

22. celldog Registered

But that's too logical. :supes:

23. celldog Registered

Prep Schmep!!! I am so tired of hearing about Batman's "prep time"!!! Enuff already!!! Do any of every stop to think "WHY" he needs friggin' "PREP TIME" anyway???

IT'S BECAUSE SUPERMAN IS MORE POWERFUL THAN HE IS!!! HE WOULD THE FLOOR WITH HIM!!! Look at the OMAC incident with Max Lord. Look at the recent Superman/ Batman where Supes takes out Diana!! The Lex "Man of Steel " series where Batman can't even catch his breath from the super smack down!!!

If you gotta resort to tricks and traps.....come on!!!

24. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Tricks and traps are the nerd way. That's why we like him.

25. celldog Registered

:down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.