The Dark Knight Batman's artificially modulated voice: DVD option to turn it off

I'd like that as a special feature on the DVD!

SPECIAL FEATURES

*Commentary with Director Christopher Nolan (Yeah right, might as well ask for a commentary track with Heath Ledger)
*Batman's artificially modulated voice ON/OFF :grin:

Now imagine this piece of dialogue....

"THIS CITAYYY....JUST SHOWED YOUUUU...THAT IT'S FULL OF PEOPLE...READY TO BELIEVE IN GOOOOOOOOOOD"

...Spoken in a non unintentionally funny way!

The trouble is that because you know it's been re-dubbed it would be "unintentionally funny" anyway.

It kind of sounds like he's P.O.ed all the time.

That's fiine with me though.

the voice made me gulp as soon as I heard the "rathles the cagesssss" line a David Letterman preview before BB was even out. I actually thought Tonight Show were making a joke and dubbing over it, when it ended and it wasn't funny I was confounded and depressed and I didn't eat my dinner. and then I thought I'd get used to it but not really, just over it
That was one of my favorite lines in BB just because the pitch was perfect like when he says "SWEAR TO ME!". Yeah I'll admit hearing the voice for the first time in Begins took me by surprise. I was like Kevin James on the King of Queens when he goes to the Chinese restaurant and the Asian waiter speaks in an British accent but, I only felt that way because it wasn't something I was used to hearing.

Bales Batvoice is one of many things i really didnt care much for in Batman Begins and the problem was still absolutely there in The Dark Kinight, the ending was especially tainted by it... That speech he gave about taking the rap for the murders was (at times) very funny... Not what you're looking for at the morally complex, dramatic conclusion of your three hour movie!
Also, did anyone else feel like Gordons monologue that played over the end of the movie was a tad overblown for the character? Heres how the movie should've ended..

Gordons son: Whys he running, dad? He didnt do anything wrong?

Gordon: Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a Dark Knight.

Gordons son: God, dad! You're really intense!

Shock cut to credits

Bales Batvoice is one of many things i really didnt care much for in Batman Begins and the problem was still absolutely there in The Dark Kinight, the ending was especially tainted by it... That speech he gave about taking the rap for the murders was (at times) very funny... Not what you're looking for at the morally complex, dramatic conclusion of your three hour movie!
Also, did anyone else feel like Gordons monologue that played over the end of the movie was a tad overblown for the character? Heres how the movie should've ended..

Gordons son: Whys he running, dad? He didnt do anything wrong?

Gordon: Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a Dark Knight.

Gordons son: God, dad! You're really intense!

Shock cut to credits

it was 'overblown', but it got the point across, and given how the previous 2 and a half hours weren't really corny at all I think it was fair to let TDK have that moment at the end. The sentiment the scene expressed is what separates TDK from a lot of other comic book fare.

I saw no problem with Bale's batvoice. I could actually understand him better in this movie than I could in Begins, so that's something right there.

...with all due respect, this topic is stupid...

...hope bale and nolan don't sign for B3...

I thought the voice was great. Batman is a freakin' beast! It wasn't hammy at all! :whatever: Hammy is Batman fighting and making wise cracks in his normal voice ala Batman and Robin. Some people ya just can't please...
I didn't think the voice was hammy, but I certainly thought the stupid turn up the wall with the bat-pod was hammy! That is not possible! Whay do that, Nolan??? If you go head on into a wall with the bat-pod it will crash. Why go through all that trouble if the thing can't physically do that.

I don't think people complain about the concept of Batvoice that Bale utilizes, but more about the execution of it. He just doesn't quite seem to know how to use it at times.

people who complain about his voice are just looking for something to whine about

I think bale forced the voice a lil too much in some of the scenes. Some of them a little too too much. I made my woman ROFL when i jumped up on the corner of the couch and started yelling like him. It was priceless.

I wonder how many time he spit on peopel while doing it, i swear a few times you can see saliva spraying from his gob.

But he still kicked ass.

IM NOT WEARING HOCKEY PHBAAAAAADDDSSHHSSDDSHHDDS

:p
-TNC

I thought it was fine for the most part. Some phrases sounded kind of corny though b/c he exaggerated the words a little bit.

"Soooomeone knows where he is...."

"This city just showed you its full of people reaady to believe in goooood."

He sounded like Green Goblin when he said that.

But I personally love the voice, because Batman is meant to put fear into his enemies. Not sooth them with a quiet voice.

Hell naw.

The Lucious Fox end scene with him using the Batvoice. I'm pretty sure its not altered in post-production, if you watch this BTS video you can hear him use it while shooting and it sounds the same to me.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqZhkxZbWcI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqZhkxZbWcI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Wow, you guys really will find any little thing to ***** about won't you? :dry:

Keep it the same.

From Youtube parody:

Joker- "Was that a question or a declarative statement?"

"Are you speaking bat? Is that what bat sounds like?"

bahahahahahhaa. I personally think they could have given him a better mouth piece than they did. The teeth that fit over the front should have been smaller. JMO...

I thought his voice is great for interrogating criminals, but it is a tad too much when he's talking to Gordon and Dent. That said, it didn't bother me a great deal; what a relief after the days of Clooney that Wayne and Batman have differing voices.

I do think there is something in the idea that you can't please the fans one way or another. I mean, some are complaining about Bale's radically different voices, and others at Eckhart's subtle change in voice for Two-Face and Dent.

i like the voice. it suits him in nolan's world of batman. it wouldn't sound right if he had the super hero kevin conroy voice, or the near silent keaton whisper.

We should start taking bets on what the next film is going to get gripes about...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"