The Dark Knight Batman's artificially modulated voice: DVD option to turn it off

they should get him to speak like a brummie, then lets see how many complaints it gets!!!!
no offence to any brummies ;)

I always imagine Bale's batvoice whenever I read The Killing Joke.

Well I suspected something had been done to alter Bale's vocal performance as Batman, and that was confirmed in an article that stated the sound dudes in modulated the voice of Batman in Post-Production to make the lower register even lower or something or other.

I was fine with Bales voice in Batman Begins, and I'm fine with it in TDK although the artificial modulation did stick out a bit for me as did with many other people.

I'd be happy with the artificial modulation being removed from the film in the DVD version of the movie, but I doubt they will do that.

EDITED TO INCLUDE SOURCE:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ristian-bale-batman-080404-ht,0,2707715.story

Thanks for this I thought it was a bit more distorted than usual but I could explain that away by saying it was the new suit. His voice seems normal until the end when it get very gravelly. But wouldn't he want to distort his voice in real life? Make him sound otherworldly? As for two face, given the damage he suffered would he have trouble speaking? In real life anyway :huh:.

Hmm pointless thread anyone..? Almost 500 replies though.. haha funny.

I like his voice the best in the beginning of the interrogation scene with Joker.

Yeah, I want an option to turn it off! I also want a DVD option that replace Bale with Conroy, where Batman saves Harvey Dent, wears a different costume, beats up Superman, and most of all, a DVD option that inserts Jack Nicholson's face over Ledger's! Oh, and I want Michael Caine replaced with Hayden Christensen!

Get real.

When I first heard it in BB I loved it don't know why...

I noticed it was deeper in TDK that Begins, but I'd never have suspected they actually screwed with it. That's just lame. What Bale did was fine. What they did in TDK went too far. It's the only thing I could point to as being less-than-stellar in the film.

I noticed it was deeper in TDK that Begins, but I'd never have suspected they actually screwed with it. That's just lame. What Bale did was fine. What they did in TDK went too far. It's the only thing I could point to as being less-than-stellar in the film.

Agreed. They should fix it. I was a defender of the voice in BB. This one, while ok, was a little much at times. It didn't ruin the movie, but fixing it for the DVD wouldn't hurt anyone.

I'd much rather the sound engineers lower the music in some scenes so I can hear the dialogue.

i've got no problem with the voice,he can't use "bruce wayne" voice in case someone should recognize it.kevin conroy has the best bat voice of all time hands down.

Look Ive seen the film again the voice is great as Batman. The only part that I had no clue what he said was his last lines with Joker. Either than that it was great.

Come on if you dont like Bales Bat voice go and watch Batman n robin and see what happens when you use yourr normal voice.

More people complain now because

A. **** loads of people never saw Batman Begins(either than fans)

B.They see one complain and just go with what everyone complains about

Just put an "Off" option to please the haters...:woot:

Man I swear people complain about the littlest **** ever. If its "Bales Voice" or "The Bat-Pod hop or w/e" or "Two Face looks to Cartoony" its so annoying. But you can never please everyone

i like the voice. it suits him in nolan's world of batman. it wouldn't sound right if he had the super hero kevin conroy voice, or the near silent keaton whisper.
But I think the "superhero" monologue he delivered to The Joker fell flat in that voice. Conroy would've made it uplifting.

"waahhh... the Dark Knight isn't 100% perfect in my fanboy eyes, wahhh..."

"waahhh... the Dark Knight isn't 100% perfect in my fanboy eyes, wahhh..."

Aha.

the Bale voice was perfect, this is the one thing that annoy's me about the small percentage of fans, who moan and cry about stupid things that totally worked and shouldent be changed for any reason and was easy to hear(peeps that couldent need to get a better cine, or a hearing aid),godamn fanboys!

how can bale's voice be perfect, batman is supposed to be naturally intimidating, he doesn't have to forcibly make his voice intimidating.

no batman interpretation has ever naturally sounded so unecessarily menacing.

could you imagine a conversation between routh's superman and bale's batman.

routh would just laugh in his face...

Routh/Superman would be very lucky to share a film with batman by this point. :yay:

Keep it. It was a decision made by the director. Now I love Nolan, but I'm not going to preach about how godly he is. The fact of the matter is, removing it, or giving the option to w/out his permission, is saying you don't think he can do his job.

how about an option to make it sound like a chipmunk? :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"