BBC's Sherlock: Series 3

Then again...... he could've actually been killed off, so Andrew Scott can play the 12th Doctor. :ninja:

7n24fSi.gif

Oh lord, I need this now!

Moriarty did get Holmes to record a message saying he wasn't real and was made up. If he is still alive it would be great cover for Moriarty to return to the shadows to pull the strings again with everyone thinking he never existed and was a fabrication of Sherlock.

My wife and I finally got around to watching the first two seasons, well, we still have the final episode of season 2 to watch.

I don't care if any of you tell me a spoiler, but at the end, does it reveal that the wimpy annoying loser isn't really Moriarty and Moriarty is using him so he can stay in the shadows?

I hope to hell that's what happens, because my wife and I agreed that that actor who is supposed to be Moriarty is absolutely terrible!!

My wife and I finally got around to watching the first two seasons, well, we still have the final episode of season 2 to watch.

I don't care if any of you tell me a spoiler, but at the end, does it reveal that the wimpy annoying loser isn't really Moriarty and Moriarty is using him so he can stay in the shadows?

I hope to hell that's what happens, because my wife and I agreed that that actor who is supposed to be Moriarty is absolutely terrible!!

Fraid not, though he is a bit better in the season finale than he is in the other episodes. Still not great and easily the biggest misstep the show ever made, but it's still an improvement.

Really I though Moriarty was brilliant (I had the same reservations though I didn't like him in S1 or what we saw in S2) but in the finale he was really good. He won a BAFTA for the role as well.

I love Moriarty on the show. He's clearly modeled on the Joker.

(Which is funny, because the Joker was originally modeled, in part, on Moriarty)

How would Moriarty return? He killed himself, didn't he?

How would Sherlock return? He killed himself, didn't he?

One was unambiguous and final, the other was ambiguous and clearly planned ahead of time to not be fatal.

Yeah but the latter had bits missing, right? The Moriarty one he cleary shot himself! Unless it was a fake bullet?

And Sherlock has his brains and blood leaking out on the ground.

Point still stands. If Sherlock is still alive, you can be damn sure that Moriarty is still alive.

We see Sherlock ("Sherlock") fall the entire way down and hit the floor. We also see his body and Sherlock's face, we see bystanders are there before he fell.

Moriarty's death was as ambiguous as Sherlock's.

Yeah, good points. That makes sense to me.

I just thought that the Moriarty death was actually from Sherlock's POV and Sherlock's death was from Watson's POV so I thought that maybe they were in different context and can't be compared.

But like you guys said, they both 'died' in ambigious ways so yeah, I guess even Moriarty may still be alive.

They have been back filming the third episode of Sherlock in Cardiff

Sherlock Swag
article_2397072_1_B6590_D4000005_DC_612_634x934.jpg

Sherlock probably in disguise as a hobo
article_2397072_1_B5_D6433000005_DC_333_634x749.jpg

Fans on York Street watching the filming. Amazing they actually get anything filmed with huge loud crowds across the street from them
article_2397072_1_B6590_C2000005_DC_641_634x412.jpg

And Sherlock has his brains and blood leaking out on the ground.

Point still stands. If Sherlock is still alive, you can be damn sure that Moriarty is still alive.

The circumstances of what happened to Sherlock are much different. We saw him planning something with the doctor, he made Watson stand in a very specific spot to see his jump (which blocked view of the hit), and Watson got knocked down/dizzied on his way to the body.

Moriarty shot himself point blank.

Some brief new Sherlock scenes in the BBC's latest promo
[YT]ThHEcmDBXpg[/YT]

The circumstances of what happened to Sherlock are much different. We saw him planning something with the doctor, he made Watson stand in a very specific spot to see his jump (which blocked view of the hit), and Watson got knocked down/dizzied on his way to the body.

Moriarty shot himself point blank.

It doesn't matter what John saw, the audience could never not see Sherlock. He was never obscured from our view. The audience saw the entirety of the fall and saw Sherlock hit the floor.

Also, we never see the villain planning, it ruins the plot otherwise. Moriarty could easily know the only way out would be his "death".

Ok so I just started watching Sherlock on Netflix for the first time (just finished a scandal in bellagravia last night)...I dig it but am I the only one who doesn't really like this version of Moriarty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"