• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite know why everyone's trying to make this so complicated.

Christian Bale being recast before Dark Knight Rises would have been a huge problem. Ben Affleck being cast before The Batman is not, especially if the rumours of the amount of changes being wrought on the DCEU after Justice League are to be believed.

Just recast the damn role. No-one will care.

I agree. I like Ben in the role but if he doesn't want to do it just recast and move on. In fact, the start of a new Bat trilogy is the perfect time to do it. Especially if we get an awesome solo Bat movie with a new actor before JL 2, by that point most people won't even remember or care that Ben was Batman at one point as the new Batman will be established already with his own movie.

20478850_107752243232895_8703670449894064128_n.jpg

It's probably not what he said but it's probably true. If they ask him he'll be there if the scripts changes he's gone.

It's probably not what he said but it's probably true. If they ask him he'll be there if the scripts changes he's gone.

Oh it's absolutely true, why would it be up to him whether DS is in the movie?
But a misquote is a misquote and they're never right.

No neck flexibility, they said. Poor armchair experts being proven wrong again.

You date around Keaton's batman and just a fling.

You get close to making your batlife together with Bale Batman, but such a bore.

Batfleck is love at first sight. When you know, you know. :oldrazz:
West's Batman is my favorite, even though I think Affleck is the best.

It's funny considering how everyone and their mother on the internet laughed at Ben Affleck and criticized him when he was cast saying he wouldn't look intimidating at all and that they would start laughing at him when he is in the suit and now the only complaint he's receiving is that he is too freaking scary.

Anyway, I don't think we'll ever see a BATMAN as intense and frightening as BVS ever again in live-action. Because Geoff Johns already made him a ***** for JUSTICE LEAGUE going by the trailers and I just realized that I am somehow not excited to see the character at all (I just want to see him in action, that's it; completely opposite to that of BATMAN V SUPERMAN). I think it is because he is looking too similar to Christian Bale's version (too soft) and I don't think it is working well for the film either.

I hate seeing the same interpretation again and again (even GA; Superman Returns box-office performance is the best example for that).

Zack Snyder's visuals have to take care of him this time I guess. Geoff shouldn't have messed with the original script. Something that was supposed to look completely out of this world like BATMAN V SUPERMAN and MAN OF STEEL is looking like a Marvel film in terms of story because of him. It would've still looked different even if the original script had received mixed response. And now if it doesn't succeed critically, it'd be a fail-fail.

I sincerely hope someone leaks the original two-part script written by Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder.

Last edited:
On the bright side, at least we got the biggest event in comic book history all in Snyder's glory. :ilv: It would've been a downhill for DC in live-action regardless of its success anyway.

You date around Keaton's batman and just a fling.

You get close to making your batlife together with Bale Batman, but such a bore.

Batfleck is love at first sight. When you know, you know. :oldrazz:

There is no depth or layers to Affleck's Bruce Wayne. It's all costume design, and sound mixing. There isn't anything in the performance that puts him above Keaton let alone Bale.

It's all costume design, and sound mixing.

Maybe thats all you saw. But I saw a very complex character, a side of Batman that hasnt been much explored in live action. Things like how Batman's side of his personality is engulfing him, how 20 years of crime fighting jaded him, the beautiful lie of Batman's "heroism". We just see different things in a movie :)

Maybe thats all you saw. But I saw a very complex character, a side of Batman that hasnt been much explored in live action. Things like how Batman's side of his personality is engulfing him, how 20 years of crime fighting jaded him, the beautiful lie of Batman's "heroism". We just see different things in a movie :)

That's plot and characterization ...

He wasn't complex though. There was no layers. He was depressed and angry 24/7 in BvS until "Martha"

I'm talking about performance of an actor.

Affleck was serviceable, nothing more. There was no nuance, hardly any energy. Definitely not unique. As I said, Keaton and definitely Bale delivered far better performances because they're leaps and bounds better at the craft.

Fan boys in love with Affleck because of an accurate costume primarily.

Which I'd even argue at times borders on homoerotic in near the same manner of Schumacher by being nearly clownishly cartoon like in male musculature.

All of this. Also, after seeing Ben playing Batman at his lowest and darkest (more than we've really seen in live action before), I'm very interested in seeing him play a more "classic" Batman from this point on, specially considering that he'd be in a search for redemption.

You mah boy Trevor, but I disagree with the Batman being a ***** thing.

All of this. Also, after seeing Ben playing Batman at his lowest and darkest (more than we've really seen in live action before), I'm very interested in seeing him play a more "classic" Batman from this point on, specially considering that he'd be in a search for redemption.

You mah boy Trevor, but I disagree with the Batman being a ***** thing.

Yeah I dont get the ***** thing either, and I do hope thats not true. But I will admit, although Batman has looked amazing and awesome in most shots, he looked a bit strange in a couple imo.

Throughout the BvS marketing, I was 100% sure it was going to be a great movie. The JL marketing hasnt been that good. Maybe its just not that kind of movie. Maybe they second guessed too much with JL, and JW's involvement gives me a pause sometimes.

I have loved loved loved the last trailer. If thats an indication of the movie its going to be, thats awesome, but from a Zack Snyder film, I always have some higher expectations. Lets see how it turns out :yay:

The 1% chance speech and his entire scene at the party are two of the greatest Bruce Wayne moments put to live action. Fight me.

That's plot and characterization ...

He wasn't complex though. There was no layers. He was depressed and angry 24/7 in BvS until "Martha"

I'm talking about performance of an actor.

Affleck was serviceable, nothing more. There was no nuance, hardly any energy. Definitely not unique. As I said, Keaton and definitely Bale delivered far better performances because they're leaps and bounds better at the craft.

Fan boys in love with Affleck because of an accurate costume primarily.

Which I'd even argue at times borders on homoerotic in near the same manner of Schumacher by being nearly clownishly cartoon like in male musculature.
lel, all that salt

The 1% chance speech and his entire scene at the party are two of the greatest Bruce Wayne moments put to live action. Fight me.

When I saw the 1% thing for the first time on a TV clip...I literally screamed "THAT IS BRUCE WAYNE". Affleck's greatest acting bit in BvS. That and the "we are hunters" scene with Alfred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"