Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the new War Apes trailer.

We're in good hands :up:

For ****'s sake... there's really no need for a batgirl film. Especially not directed by Whedon.

Also, I was hoping that if Barbara was in this universe, she'd be Oracle and not in costume.

Agree about the first point.

But do we know for sure it'll be Barbara? I would assume it is, but I could see Whedon wanting to play with the ideas of identify in a legacy hero like Cassandra, or even Stephanie.

But do we know for sure it'll be Barbara? I would assume it is, but I could see Whedon wanting to play with the ideas of identify in a legacy hero like Cassandra, or even Stephanie.

That's a good point. Could be Cassandra (doubt that it's Stephanie, as nobody likes the character), but then Barbara would probably have to be around as well, as it seems a bit odd to skip her and introduce Cassandra Cain.

Honestly, it just goes to show that Reeves may be a better fit for this than Affleck was. The man can tackle character, story and spectacle, and knows his way around science fiction.

That's a good point. Could be Cassandra (doubt that it's Stephanie, as nobody likes the character), but then Barbara would probably have to be around as well, as it seems a bit odd to skip her and introduce Cassandra Cain.

I love Stephanie. And I'll fight anybody who doesn't. :cmad:

I'm not interested in the movie or Whedon but he might fit this pretty well.

Yeah? So she does have A fan. :p

I'll admit that one of the reasons I love her is that her first appearance was the first comic book I ever remember owning. It was in a stocking for me one Christmas.

But I do think that she was a great supporting character for Tim Drake. And she has some great character progression throughout her history (minus the awful **** War Games did to her).

She definitely doesn't have a place in the DCEU, but I can dream.

I'm not hopeful for Cassie either. But Barbara should be Oracle, dammit.

I'll admit that one of the reasons I love her is that her first appearance was the first comic book I ever remember owning. It was in a stocking for me one Christmas.

But I do think that she was a great supporting character for Tim Drake. And she has some great character progression throughout her history (minus the awful **** War Games did to her).

She definitely doesn't have a place in the DCEU, but I can dream.

I'm not hopeful for Cassie either. But Barbara should be Oracle, dammit.

I don't dislike Stephanie, I'm just pretty meh when it comes to her. I was actually surprised by how much I didn't care for her dying in "War Games".

As for Cassandra Cain, it didn't cross my mind until you brought it up, but now I think there is a solid chance it could be her, as she could be tied to Bruce's early days as a crime fighter through her father and, besides, they like to go for minority castings with DCEU.

I definitely agree that if Barbara is in this universe, she should be Oracle, not Batgirl.

I think it will be Barbara, as they will want to give Gym Gordon something to do besides standing on a rooftop :hehe:

For ****'s sake... there's really no need for a batgirl film. Especially not directed by Whedon.

Also, I was hoping that if Barbara was in this universe, she'd be Oracle and not in costume.

After her solo movies The Killing Joke type of scene would make audience go nuts like it's from Game of Thrones. Something like Clockwork Orage.

8edcc9fafd877064e50af8a7ec72af79.gif

I don't want all iconic stories are in past (or flashbacks) We have already missed Robin's death at the hands of Joker.

According to Entertainment Weekly, it's Barbara and they're drawing influence from the Gail Simone run at the start of the New 52.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/30/joss-whedon-batgirl-movie-barbara-gordon/

Also, for the record, I loved Stephanie as Batgirl. Her run ended way too soon imo.

*snicker* I know what you are referring to, but I can't help imagining a complete different "War Apes" movie.

*voiceover* "In a world where military trained primates have replaced humans in all aspects of warfare. . . one gorilla is destined to be the greatest warrior of all. . ."

With this and the Nightwing solo, they're really expanding the Bat family.

You couldn't tell with the full movie of DotPotA? The apes franchise has amazing characterizations and themes.

The cinematography of the new trailer would fit right in with the DCEU.

I don't dislike Stephanie, I'm just pretty meh when it comes to her. I was actually surprised by how much I didn't care for her dying in "War Games".

As for Cassandra Cain, it didn't cross my mind until you brought it up, but now I think there is a solid chance it could be her, as she could be tied to Bruce's early days as a crime fighter through her father and, besides, they like to go for minority castings with DCEU.

I definitely agree that if Barbara is in this universe, she should be Oracle, not Batgirl.

Yeah, I'd love to see her as Oracle, with flashbacks to her time as Batgirl, as well as to the door opening and Joker standing there with a gun. I'd like to see something like in No Man's Land, where she sees the new Batgirl (Cassandra Cain? I can't remember) soaring across the rooftop, and it brings on the flashbacks and she gets pissed at Batman for allowing another to don the mantle. Thought that was a great plot line, and I think she can be a very inspirational character as Oracle, maybe even get to see her have to break out a little bit of her combat skills.

Not having mentioned Barbara so far enables them to do what they want and be flexible in the timeline.

I want Barbara as Batgirl, no question. It's conceivable she can start on her own without even being Batman's sidekick. Batgirl can still feel stand alone.

I imagine Barbara will either be mentioned, referenced, teased, or even included as a supporting character in The Batman solo film. Likely the same with Dick Grayson.

It would be smart to include both as supporting characters, and involve them in the story.

No crime fighter in Gotham could start alone, without Batman being involved, as he'd need to give them the green light to operate in his city.

I actually think an interesting thing to using Stephanie as Batgirl being mentored by Oracle Barbara Gordon would be to inverse the usual situation and make her be Tim's link into the Batfamily instead of him being her's. However Cassandra is definetly the better character as she is much more interesting and the most unique member of the batfamily.

Well on Twitter Jett said "I can't believe it..." He won't reveal what that means because he's "embargoed." Also it was posted before midnight so I doubt it's an April Fool's gag (which he told me he doesn't do). So let the speculation begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"