Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on Twitter Jett said "I can't believe it..." He won't reveal what that means because he's "embargoed." Also it was posted before midnight so I doubt it's an April Fool's gag (which he told me he doesn't do). So let the speculation begin.
Dude check his twitter and his site..

Well, he normally believes what his heart tells him to believe, so this is not surprising..

Dude check his twitter and his site..

As I said not very surprising that they (WB) are doing this now..

Why must people make unfunny April Fools Day Jokes...there was zero creativity behind that it was obvious from the beginning. (Peter Jackson...really?)

0/10

He did tweet "Scooby Doo" before that. Make of that what you will :)

Jon Schnepp says Matt Reeves' version of Batman will not include Ben Affleck. He's done after JL. He also said that the reason the Flash movie was postponed was because JL will end with Flashpoint thus rebooting the entire DCEU for the new group of filmmakers.

Those claims sound like something from 4chan.

Sounds like bull, but it sounds great.

Yeah that claim doesn't hold any water, but I would love for it to happen.

Hilarious if they have to pull a Flashpoint and "reboot" the franchise after four films, but if that's what needs to be done then so be it. Assuming it is true, I'm curious how they plan on ending Justice League with Flashpoint when we haven't even gotten to Darkseid yet.

Personally, I have a hard time buying it. The folks over at Collider Movie Talk aren't exactly known for breaking legitimate scoops. Get back to me if someone like Justin Kroll reports on this.

Jon Schnepp says Matt Reeves' version of Batman will not include Ben Affleck. He's done after JL. He also said that the reason the Flash movie was postponed was because JL will end with Flashpoint thus rebooting the entire DCEU for the new group of filmmakers.

I thinks he was just engaging in some fun comic nerd speculation.
Like, 'hey, know what- this is what they could do', not 'this is what I heard they will do.'

Just finished the video. This is clearly speculation on Schnepp's part. He doesn't even try to hide it.

And this is exactly how "fake news" is spread.

I watched Schnepp say all of this on Movie Talk, not Heroes. Apparently he admits that most of it was speculation on Heroes...

Why must people make unfunny April Fools Day Jokes...there was zero creativity behind that it was obvious from the beginning. (Peter Jackson...really?)

0/10

April Fools was okay before the Internet, but now we have enough BS and misinformation that spreads like wildfire, that we have to wade through. We don't need a day dedicated to it

If they wanna start over, just start over fresh. I hate the whole "time travel to fix our previous mistakes" mindset. First Class should've been a complete reboot, I don't think anybody would've cared if they still wanted to keep Hugh Jackman in the role of Wolverine after the reboot, I feel like that's the only reason they dodntnjust start from scratch

I'm all for a really diverse cast for the Batman universe. In the comics, basically all the main heroes and villains in Gotham are white. I think that it'd be cool to shake things up and update these characters a bit for the movies

Some ideas that I don't think would piss off the fans too much
Nightwing- Steven Yeun (he's pretty much exactly how I picture Grayson except he's Korean) Dev Patel would be another interesting choice
Mister Freeze- Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring in Gotham? Who wouldn't be down for this?)
Two Face- Denzel Washington (maybe he's too old, but I've loved this idea since it was first brought up pre-TDK. I've come to really like the idea of an African American Two-Face after Billy Dee was robbed of his opportunity)
Catwoman- Ruth Negga (there is precedent for a black Selina already. From Batman 66, to Halle Berry, to the Lego Batman movie. Ruth Negga would absolutely nail this role)

I don't think any of these ideas are diversity for diversity' sake, I genuinely think these are great actors that could nail the role just as much as if not more than any other actor

And hopefully next time we see Ra's and Bane, they aren't played by white guys. It didn't bother me in the Nolan movies because the performances were so good, but if they're gonna do it again, might as well try to be more accurate to the comics. I would go with Ghassan Massoud as Ra's and Edgar Ramirez as Bane.

Diverity in comic book movies is such an interesting topic. Racebending can be done poorly (Human Torch) or it can be done well (Deadshot). Some characters lend themselves more than others to racebending, and I (usually, it's case by case though) don't think fans are being racist when they complain about a race change. I think it's mostly that fans are just used to their favorite characters looking a certain way. But when it's done right, I think it's a really good thing. Most of us grew up loving superheroes and we looked up to them as kids. It's good to have superheroes and villains that look like us. I'm not saying a character has to look like you for you to relate to them, but when you're a kid, and a superhero kinda looks like you, it sends a message. It's a subtle reinforcement of the idea that you can grow up and be a hero too.

I don't think any of these ideas are diversity for diversity' sake, I genuinely think these are great actors that could nail the role just as much as if not more than any other actor
But it is, because that was the very point you were making. I get what you're saying, that those are great actors on their own right, but it's still "diversity for diversity's sake".

After seeing, Affleck as Bruce in one of the Jl clips, it remind me how much i like his take.

I really hope we'll see Ben Affleck as Batman directed by Matt Reeve, it could be his "Logan"

Matt Reeves is the best thing that happened to DC. He will make an excellent Batman film. He knows exactly what he is doing.

"Matt Reeves recently teased ‘The Batman’ will be a Hitchcockian, “noir-driven, detective version of Batman"

My most ancticipated CBM ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee