Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% convinced WB would go with it though. It only makes sense if they go the Batman Beyond route and have Bruce still be around. Bruce Wayne and Batman are so intricately linked in the public eye that it's difficult for me to see WB gambling on something like this, especially since their gambles so far haven't paid off.
Batman Beyond is never happening in live-action. Way too small of an audience and it effectively limits what they can do with Bruce.

I can see DickBats headlining for a film or two (even in JL), which gives Bruce a bit of a rest. Then he'll come back (sans Affleck) and the universe moves on.

Works for me (if it's good).

I'm starting to wonder if this is what the DCEU will just morph into. We've got no Superman sequel, Flash is on hold, the only reason WW and AQM are coming out is they're already being worked on, neither of which I'm convinced is getting a follow up film. All the rumoured movies after that are Batman related, with the exception of Black Adam, which makes about as much sense as doing a Two-Face movie before a Batman movie.

What I'm interested in is the women. My hope is that if a film focuses on a male protagonist, it at least has one significant female character in the story. Since Catwoman will be in Gotham City Sirens, and this Batman solo may be the only one that focuses on Bruce Wayne exclusively, I hope that Selina Kyle will be a part of this movie and that she will be cast soon.

The only other woman, aside from Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy who already will be a part of this universe eventually, that I think would be worthwhile to introduce at some point would be Barbara Gordon, especially if she's Dick Grayson's friend, love interest, fellow crime-fighter, and daughter to JK Simmons' Commissioner Jim Gordon.

So are Selina and Barbara the main ladies one should expect and hope for in these films, and if so, when do you think they should be introduced?

I think they already stated that Selina won't be in The Batman and I think Barbara will be introduced in Nightwing.

I think they already stated that Selina won't be in The Batman and I think Barbara will be introduced in Nightwing.
Nope. They don't even have a semblance of a plot summary, much less the supporting cast.

Where Barbara shows up I think depends on which film gets made first. I think without question you have to have Batgirl in Gotham Sirens. It makes no sense to me to do another villain centric film.

Nope. They don't even have a semblance of a plot summary, much less the supporting cast.

Well that's what Sienna Miller said anyway :funny: I guess it could change now that the script isn't being written by Affleck. Who knows.

What I'm interested in is the women. My hope is that if a film focuses on a male protagonist, it at least has one significant female character in the story. Since Catwoman will be in Gotham City Sirens, and this Batman solo may be the only one that focuses on Bruce Wayne exclusively, I hope that Selina Kyle will be a part of this movie and that she will be cast soon.

The only other woman, aside from Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy who already will be a part of this universe eventually, that I think would be worthwhile to introduce at some point would be Barbara Gordon, especially if she's Dick Grayson's friend, love interest, fellow crime-fighter, and daughter to JK Simmons' Commissioner Jim Gordon.

So are Selina and Barbara the main ladies one should expect and hope for in these films, and if so, when do you think they should be introduced?
For Nightwing, Starfire is also possibility as a love interest, if they decide to go the Titans route. If they don't, it could be Barbara. It should be noted that in the animated DC movies, Grayson is going out with Starfire, and those movies have been used to test things for future live-action movies, like Suicide Squad, and there being rumours about live-action Titans and Justice League Dark movies after their animated movies were released. If they go the Titans route with Grayson, Raven is also a very important female character on the team, but not as a love interest to Grayson.

For Nightwing, Starfire is also possibility as a love interest, if they decide to go the Titans route. If they don't, it could be Barbara. It should be noted that in the animated DC movies, Grayson is going out with Starfire, and those movies have been used to test things for future live-action movies, like Suicide Squad, and there being rumours about live-action Titans and Justice League Dark movies after their animated movies were released. If they go the Titans route with Grayson, Raven is also a very important female character on the team, but not as a love interest to Grayson.

Hold up now... Grayson is a promiscuous bachelor in the animation. He had a thing with Starfire in the past, but they're not going steady. Also Batgirl was just introduced in Bad Blood's post credits so DickBabs isn't out of the question, especially since Damian is on the Titans now while Dick is doing his own thing in Blüdhaven.

Wonder what's up with the Cyborg movie anyways. Could turned into Titans with Cyborg as the JL assigned leader, and Nightwing as a second in command. Or co leaders

I think Cyborg should get his "solo", but I wouldn't mind if Flash or Nightwing jumped in to help as supporting characters. But the plot has to be Cyborg's.

I don't think a Cyborg solo film is ever happening.

A lot of people thought Matt Reeves would never touch the Batman or DCEU with a ten foot pole. A lot of people think that Ben Affleck is still leaving. A lot of people think that DCEU will be rebooted after JL.

A lot of people are wrong.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The DCEU is still in a fragile position right now.

A lot of people thought Matt Reeves would never touch the Batman or DCEU with a ten foot pole. A lot of people think that Ben Affleck is still leaving. A lot of people think that DCEU will be rebooted after JL.

A lot of people are wrong.
Precisely. :up:

Hold up now... Grayson is a promiscuous bachelor in the animation. He had a thing with Starfire in the past, but they're not going steady. Also Batgirl was just introduced in Bad Blood's post credits so DickBabs isn't out of the question, especially since Damian is on the Titans now while Dick is doing his own thing in Blüdhaven.

In Batman vs Robin, she called him and was telling him what she was wearing. In Bad Blood, they were planning for a date, but it was cancelled by Dick so he could fight Blockbuster. In TT vs JL, they were skyping, and Grayson was staring at her legs and said "speaking of fun" :funny:. In a clip for The Judas Contract, it showed her gain the ability to speak English through kissing him, and they will be teaming up again. It isn't just something "in the past".

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The DCEU is still in a fragile position right now.

LOL, people are focused on others being wrong about rumors, when WB still hasn't made a DCEU film that doesn't polarize the fanbase and get crapped on by critics.

LOL, people are focused on others being wrong about rumors, when WB still hasn't made a DCEU film that doesn't polarize the fanbase and get crapped on by critics.

Damn right. All of this ******** is well and good, but the next real news regarding the DCEU will be how Wonder Woman performs...

I'm just focused on the good news today. I can worry about who is right and who is wrong later. I'm just tired of not feeling very good about the DCEU.

I'm just focused on the good news today. I can worry about who is right and who is wrong later. I'm just tired of not feeling very good about the DCEU.

Exactly. Fans had depression and mental break downs over Reeves exiting the talks for a week, and now fans should be able to celebrate and be happy for, I don't know, a F***ing day!!??

Worry worry worry or b**ch b**ch b**ch ain't good for your health:yay:

Damn right. All of this ******** is well and good, but the next real news regarding the DCEU will be how Wonder Woman performs...

Yup.

Oh, Matt Reeves is directing The Batman now? Ben is staying, and you're making Nightwing? Ok.

...But will your films actually be good now?

Yup.

Oh, Matt Reeves is directing The Batman now? Ben is staying, and you're making Nightwing? Ok.

...But will your films actually be good now?

Fair point obviously.

Well I for one will focus on the news itself, which is exciting.

Life's too short to stress about how good a movie is going to be before a single frame is shot, just because a couple of previous films in the same franchise were poor. It's a different creative team, and I can't imagine Reeves walked out of that meeting without creative control. You can argue to hell and back about track records, but at the end of the day every project is its own thing. You can't use one to condemn the other.

We shall see.

Last edited:
I have said it before but as much as I liked when Dick was Batman if they make him Nightwing I want him to stay as Nightwing. Nightwing is a great character that while tied to Batman has had quite a bit of history on his own and I prefer that to the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"