Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even she's quiet. Dunno, there just feels like a real lack of any build up to these films compared to the last batch.

I mean, I don't think there's any kind of apprehension about promoting these films. Marketing has been the DCEU's best attribute so far. Their trailers have been better than the actual movies.

That's honestly why I'm wondering how much of this is him actually wanting to stop playing Batman and how much of this is him telling the studio to back off and give him some time to rest and take care of things. We don't know when they're shooting this movie, but even if it starts shooting in August/September, that gives him 5-6 months where he doesn't have to worry about overseeing a film production. The guy can get his affairs in order and rest up. And now that he doesn't have to devote two years to putting this movie together, this opens up doors for him to work on some of his other projects. Suddenly playing Batman and making a healthy paycheck off of it doesn't look so bad.

Look. The truth is Ben is no stranger to starring in bad films. Look at his filmography outside of his own movies. I'd like to think he doesn't care that much about what critics say, at least in regards to films he himself didn't direct. At least with Batman he gets a boatload of cash and an enthusiastic fanbase.

Is he represented by CAA? :oldrazz:

Took you a whole 20 minutes to come up with that. You're teachers are so proud.

I know you might not understand this concept, but I have a life, and that entails having things to do, which means I won't spend the entire day having conversations on message boards.

Shocking, I know.

Last edited:
I know you might not understand this concept, but I have a life, and that entails having things to do, which means I won't spend all day having conversations on message boards.

Shocking, I know.

Yup. Checking on your pull list; watching B'66 reruns. You know the usual.

How about you two do us all a favor and drop this conversation?

You shouldn't be. They're 0 for 3. Why should I suddenly believe everything is going to be amazing?

Shauner come on man, just because you think they're 0 for 3 doesn't mean others do. Some like or enjoy/love all 3. Some like or love maybe 1 or 2 out of 3. Some hate all 3, some hate maybe 1 or 2. Your personal feelings of the universe being 0 for 3 don't include everyone.

Do plenty agree with you? Of course, but plenty also disagree. So don't act like what you say is a fact. Some feel the same and others don't, You can believe they're in trouble and others can be hopeful and be excited.

I don't get why this is such a lost concept in these DCEU threads where many feel the need, on both sides mind you, to attack others.

Last edited:
Shauner come on man, just because you think they're 0 for 3 doesn't mean others do. Some like or enjoy/love all 3. Some like or love maybe 1 or 2 out of 3. Some hate all 3, some hate maybe 1 or 2. Your personal feelings of the universe being 0 for 3 don't include everyone.

Do plenty agree with you? Of course, but plenty also disagree. So don't act like what you say is a fact. Some feel the same and others don't, You can believe they're in trouble and others can be hopeful and be excited.

I don't get why this is such a lost concept in these DCEU threads where many feel the need, on both sides mind you, to attack others.

Sadly at times, it seems that instead of hoping for best or atleast being nuanced with feedback about things that are wrong there seems to be a desire to either say "Everything is Awesome" or "Everything sucks and should be burned to the ground" which I personally think is a by product of people becoming obsessed with being "right" and getting the chance to say "I told you so" more than it is about the movies themselves.

You shouldn't be. They're 0 for 3. Why should I suddenly believe everything is going to be amazing?

So? The last 2 Wolverine films were bad imo but Logan looks like it could be the best CBM of the year.

WB/DC have made steps to improve the quality of their future films and have taken the criticism to heart. All we can do is wait and hope it pays off in the long run.

You can't live your life on "But last time"

Well I thought MoS, BvS, and SS were all garbage, but I'm still plenty excited for WW and Aquaman. Hell, I'm still seeing JL and hoping for the best, despite Snyder's 0-2 track record.

Despite some misgivings and skepticism, I want to give every film a fair shake. And I'm a fan of these characters, so until I'm leaving the theater after the credits roll, I'll remain as optimistic as I reasonably can towards each of these movies. Besides, you'd think eventually WB would luck into a good DCEU film. Balance of probability and all that. :funny:

Ben Affleck ‏@BenAffleck

Welcome to the Batcave, @MattReevesLA

C5ZUIQ2XMAI-HTE.jpg

That settles that.

Welcome?

So Lego Orphan Dick Grayson can enter the Batcave. Matt Reeves can enter the Batcave.

Where's our invite to the Batcave?

I like MOS less and less each time I watch it, BvS I really hate, and Suicide Squad I liked okay. The DCEU has great things about it, but it really hasn't added up to movies that I consider very good or great.

Did I say that it was some fact? Do I have to put "in my opinion" after everything I write?

So happy Ben chimed in. Also think it's hilarious that Collider is still clinging to the rumor that Ben will leave. Even if he does leave after The Batman, why be the wet blanket?

Geoff Johns just tweeted as well, so appears that he's still in the game with this, too.

Since folks mentioned that he wasn't mentioned either.

So? The last 2 Wolverine films were bad imo but Logan looks like it could be the best CBM of the year.

WB/DC have made steps to improve the quality of their future films and have taken the criticism to heart. All we can do is wait and hope it pays off in the long run.

You can't live your life on "But last time"
I am allowed to go into this film any way I want. Im open minded enough to see the movie in theaters, and if it's good, I'll say it's good, and I'll be happy about it because I'm a batman fan. But I'll believe it when I see it and I'm allowed to go into it with a negative attitude. That's my right. I might love Logan, and right now I'm excited because of the feedback and I liked the trailers. But there are no trailers or feedback for The Batman as of now so I have no reason to be excited. Before the Logan trailers, I couldn't care less about seeing that movie.

Are they trying to make me hate them??!! Just be ****ing happy you sods
Stop telling them how they should feel.

Ben has said before that he's definitely going to direct and look what happened. I personally believe he's doing this and then hanging it up. But who knows, maybe he won't even do this film. Or maybe he's in it half the time, with the other half being flashbacks with a younger actor. What if he's saying welcome to the batcave because he's a producer and writer of this movie, not necessarily the actor???

Nothing is really confirmed yet. People here need to stop jumping down the throats of fans who aren't *********ing to this news. So what if we're skeptical. WB ha e given us every reason to be.

Those guys are crossing a line that the really shouldn't. Frosty is going to look like a complete moron if Ben sticks around past The Batman. You don't leave yourself open like that.

Those guys are crossing a line that the really shouldn't. Frosty is going to look like a complete moron if Ben sticks around past The Batman. You don't leave yourself open like that.

especially when ryan reynolds called him out and made him edit his article when frosty said deadpool writers were out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"