2) Nova
3) Silver Surfer
4) Ronan

Much like yours Cap except I'd reverse #1 & 2

1) Nova
2) Super Skrull
3) Silver Surfer
4) Ronan

I really disliked Ronan and I'm sure much of that has to do with my lack of knowledge of the character but the Ronan #1 just seemed totally out of place and more stand alone as opposed to story with a common theme as the other 3!

CaptainStacy said:
Cool. Surprisingly, im enjoying all four books, but i REALLY liked Super-Skrull. I guess because i've always been fascinated by creepy, shape-shifing aliens, and SS is the creepiest! Plus, he's been getting his ass kicked for so long in the Marvel Universe, it's great to see him getting his act together.

That, and he just smacks of classic Lee/Kirby, even to this very day.

I like the books in THIS particular order;

1) Super-Skrull
2) Nova
3) Silver Surfer
4) Ronan

But like Corp suggested; that order could change with any given issue.

I agree 100%

WhatIfTales said:
Much like yours Cap except I'd reverse #1 & 2

1) Nova
2) Super Skrull
3) Silver Surfer
4) Ronan

I really disliked Ronan and I'm sure much of that has to do with my lack of knowledge of the character but the Ronan #1 just seemed totally out of place and more stand alone as opposed to story with a common theme as the other 3!

I noticed the same thing. Not to much to do with the Annihilation wave at this point.

this is weird....its the first time in an "event" series that I've read where all the titles have been really decent so far.

I went with Nova as my favorite so far, with Silver Surfer following a close second. I was pretty disappointedin both Super skrull and Ronan so far, hopefully they'll get better.

Come to think of it, I don't believe I even read Super-Skrull's first issue. The art turned me off and I think I tossed it aside to come back to it later, but I never did.
CaptainStacy said:
I noticed the same thing. Not to much to do with the Annihilation wave at this point.
Yeah, but I think his personal deal will reveal some sort of connection to the Wave or Annihilus himself. I liked Ronan because it didn't explicitly tie into the event right away, in fact. It's something of a mystery how he'll get from where he is to (presumably) fighting alongside the others against Annihilus, which keeps me interested enough to come back for his mini's next issue.

I was thinking last night is anyone else kinda annoyed the civil war and annihilation are around the same time I don't have enough money for both. I also thought of a theory, Civil war will go on and annihilation wave will keep coming till its close to earth then both sides of heroes will have to team up and the registration will be closed becasue the wave shows how heroes help.

Anubis said:
Well, Seven Soldiers was about finished, so I figured I would go ahead and grab this scince I'll now not have to pick up seven other mini series. It all kinda worked out I guess.

And I'm enjoying the Surfer best of all so far.

So far, I agree. I'm getting all 4 of them and the Surfer has the best storytelling so far, while Nova comes in a close second for the 'big match' feel to it, it practically radiates Cosmic. Ronan and Super Skrull aren't bad, but nothing to write home to Mom about.

CaptainStacy said:

Well, remember, we still have the Annihilation miniseries itself after these four minis end. I expect that the four minis are to show the effects of the Annihilation Wave and the Annihilation miniseries will deal with the wave itself.

Ronan, Nova, Super Skrull and Silver Surfer. I know very little about Ronan but think he was a total badass in this issue with a chance to be more "human" than his current behavior. I disliked teh treatment Super Skrull got; I was always under the impression that he was very much a hero in his people's eyes to be tossed aside so easily. I didn't expect Annihilus as the cosmic villain, but it's a very interesting premis, especially with the "anti" version of the power cosmic. I'm glad to see Marvel is doing alright by its cosmic characters and not treated this as just a "fluff" series.

I liked that the Seekers could use the Negative Zone's answer to the Power Cosmic, too. Good way to keep the ex-heralds in the game without making them look like *****es.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I liked that the Seekers could use the Negative Zone's answer to the Power Cosmic, too. Good way to keep the ex-heralds in the game without making them look like *****es.

Yeah, I thought it was a very nice wrinkle to add. Isn't Ravenous starting to look DTL worthy? LOL:D It's a great equalizer for beings that have been known to take on fleets by their lonesome. Nova's need to get a repository for the power housed within him also takes him out credibly. I'm also elated that past happenings, like Nova's previous use of the whole Nova Power, have been taken into account. I'd hate for this to become another Thanos event, though. I'd like it if it wasn't left up to Thanos and Warlock to find the solutions to the problems.

By the way...is Fierlord's look a new one in A:SS #2 or has he appeared like this before? I loathe the way he looks.:mad:

So far I'm loving all of them and this was a tough choice but I had to go with Silver Surfer. Nova was a close second and Super Skrull and Ronan are tied for me.

Tropico said:
Yeah, I thought it was a very nice wrinkle to add. Isn't Ravenous starting to look DTL worthy? LOL:D It's a great equalizer for beings that have been known to take on fleets by their lonesome. Nova's need to get a repository for the power housed within him also takes him out credibly. I'm also elated that past happenings, like Nova's previous use of the whole Nova Power, have been taken into account. I'd hate for this to become another Thanos event, though. I'd like it if it wasn't left up to Thanos and Warlock to find the solutions to the problems.

By the way...is Fierlord's look a new one in A:SS #2 or has he appeared like this before? I loathe the way he looks.:mad:
Firelord's looked like that since the #20s of Thor's previous series, as far as I know. At least, that's when I first saw him doing the Human Torch impression. I like it more than his yellow, flame-designed unitard, myself. It's simple and sleek and it makes him look like some kind of cosmic fire elemental, which is always cool.

Ravenous is a *****e, but yeah, if he's a match for the Surfer he'd certainly be DTL-worthy. I'm wondering if Nova's current incarnation might be admissable in the DTL, myself, and people have already asked about Ronan in the DTL threads. Annihilation is looking like good mining grounds for the DTL. :D

I actually wouldn't mind if Thanos turned out to be manipulating events. He hasn't had a good story in a while. I'd be just as happy if he turned out to be honestly just hanging out with Annihilus because he was bored, though. Either one's perfectly within Thanos' established character.

one thing i dont get. how is galactus still around. i thought the galactus energy was separated from galan and quasar was ushering him around the galaxy trying to dodge the energy which was trying to repossess galan.

for that matter how is quasar doing that if he was recently ordered to return that princess in marvel teamup to her home planet by fury, then she double crosses him and leads him on a chase across the galaxy, only that alternate tony stark says he's as good as dead by now.

for that matter how is quasar guest starring in nova's mini?

Honestly, none of them have really impressed me so far which is too bad because I love Marvel's cosmic characters.

Spectre722 said:
one thing i dont get. how is galactus still around. i thought the galactus energy was separated from galan and quasar was ushering him around the galaxy trying to dodge the energy which was trying to repossess galan.

for that matter how is quasar doing that if he was recently ordered to return that princess in marvel teamup to her home planet by fury, then she double crosses him and leads him on a chase across the galaxy, only that alternate tony stark says he's as good as dead by now.

for that matter how is quasar guest starring in nova's mini?
Reed said the energy that transformed Galan (whose name has two a's; Waid spelled it wrong) into Galactus would eventually find its way back to him. Presumably something happened that forced Quasar to leave Galan alone and the energy found Galan again. Giffen's masterminding the whole Annihilation thing and he's been pretty good with continuity so far, so I think it'll be explained at some point. Probably by Quasar in Nova's mini, come to think of it.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Reed said the energy that transformed Galan (whose name has two a's; Waid spelled it wrong) into Galactus would eventually find its way back to him. Presumably something happened that forced Quasar to leave Galan alone and the energy found Galan again. Giffen's masterminding the whole Annihilation thing and he's been pretty good with continuity so far, so I think it'll be explained at some point. Probably by Quasar in Nova's mini, come to think of it.

Apart from his f'uck up on LSOH way back when which had to be retconned out quicker than you can say Grant Morrisons secondary mutation/Phoenix drivel, Geffen always gets it right.

- Whirly

What did he **** up on Legion of Super-Heroes? I'd only heard of Giffen ****ing up Amethyst, idol of loads of '80s girls, by turning her into a villain for LoSH.

TheCorpulent1 said:
What did he **** up on Legion of Super-Heroes? I'd only heard of Giffen ****ing up Amethyst, idol of loads of '80s girls, by turning her into a villain for LoSH.

Basically he wrote an arc called "5 years later" that lasted strangely 5 years, till "reboot" in 1994. It was erratic, it had it's moments. In my opinion it is generally best remembered as an interesting experiment and best forgetten for being foolishly dark.

- Whirly

TheCorpulent1 said:
Firelord's looked like that since the #20s of Thor's previous series, as far as I know. At least, that's when I first saw him doing the Human Torch impression. I like it more than his yellow, flame-designed unitard, myself. It's simple and sleek and it makes him look like some kind of cosmic fire elemental, which is always cool.

Ravenous is a *****e, but yeah, if he's a match for the Surfer he'd certainly be DTL-worthy. I'm wondering if Nova's current incarnation might be admissable in the DTL, myself, and people have already asked about Ronan in the DTL threads. Annihilation is looking like good mining grounds for the DTL. :D

I actually wouldn't mind if Thanos turned out to be manipulating events. He hasn't had a good story in a while. I'd be just as happy if he turned out to be honestly just hanging out with Annihilus because he was bored, though. Either one's perfectly within Thanos' established character.

"Prime Nova" Nova would be too uber by my standards for the DTL. Yeah, Ronan also made me think that the guy is very good material for the DTL.:D It actually made me think of going back when I started reading these mini's. His personality is what makes it awkward to get him into battles for no reason at all.

Hey, Corpy, is there any chance that you could scan a pic or two of Firelord's new look? I mean, only if it's better art 'cause, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the art in A:SS.

Whirlysplat said:
Basically he wrote an arc called "5 years later" that lasted strangely 5 years, till "reboot" in 1994. It was erratic, it had it's moments. In my opinion it is generally best remembered as an interesting experiment and best forgetten for being foolishly dark.

Curiously, I liked the adult Legion better than what was happening before the 5 year gap. Giffen was saddled with the task of fixing Legion history after CoIE and he managed to do it without having to re-boot their whole existence. I liked it even better when there was LoSH and Legionnaires; to me, this was a very cool time for the Legion. But what the heck, I like Sci-Fi so I pretty much bear whatever changes they put the Legion goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"