The Dark Knight Rises Best fight scene in the trilogy

Easily.

Truly epic. SWAT members were in awe watching the guy go to work.

Took down two SWAT teams, as well as Joker's men.

:wow:

And it shows Bats fighting with brains as well as brawn, which makes it my winner too.

I think Bane V Bats round 2 would actually be my favourite if it was just a tad longer. The body shots Bane throws at him are just brutal but it just looks sooo good in the snow with a riot behind them.

I would have liked it to be longer, but it's perfect the way it is. Slick choreography, great music, tense environment, and a bad-ass conclusion.

It's too bad the rest of the fight scenes in TDK sucked so badly.

I would have voted for Batman vs Bane II, but it felt too damn short, and it's a shame really. The environment, the cinematopgraphy, a pissed off Batman, the snow, etc all appeared dazzling.

Batman vs Bane I takes it, hands down. It was such a suspenseful, dramatic and vicious brawl between two opposing forces. The dialogue, brutal choreography, and iconic imagery was just outstanding. Chris Nolan (after a poor showing in TDK) gave us such a memorable fight scene for years to come.

It's too bad the rest of the fight scenes in TDK sucked so badly.

Compared to Begins and Rises there wasn't really all that many.

For each film I would go:

Begins - Ice sword fight
TDK - SWAT fight
TDKR - Bane round 1

Not to me they didn't. Better than the ones in Begins with the awful shaky camera.

And yet (while the shaky cam kinda irked me) TDK's fight choreography was lethargic, predictable, poorly edited and one-dimensional.

We need a poll for best "tough guy" or minor villain.

Chechen will for sure get my vote.

Same. I find Flass likable too despite he is a scum, he enjoys life. :woot:

Also most honorable bad guy award goes to this guy:
10409-27939.gif

And yet (while the shaky cam kinda irked me) TDK's fight choreography was lethargic, predictable, poorly edited and one-dimensional.

And yet, I think TDK's fight choreography was generally energetic, exciting, well edited, three-dimensional. Especially the fight in Maroni's club, the SWAT team battle with Batman, and the penthouse fight.

And yet, I think TDK's fight choreography was generally energetic, exciting, well edited, three-dimensional. Especially the fight in Maroni's club, the SWAT team battle with Batman, and the penthouse fight.

The Penthouse choreography was exciting, well-edited, energetic, and three-dimensional?????? :funny:

I guess...

I liked the penthouse fight.

Batman comes in with a badass one liner, and then starts brawling.

It was like a brutal, modern day version of a Adam West Batman fight, lol

I would have liked it to be longer, but it's perfect the way it is. Slick choreography, great music, tense environment, and a bad-ass conclusion.

I love the look in Bane's eye's when he grabs Bats fist the way he did in the first fight but realises this time he's stronger and cant force it back like the first encounter.

You almost see Bane saying "oh ***** this aint going to be as easy as last time". Great work by Mr Hardy in that fight.

Batman and Bane's first fight. It's brutal, there's no score, and Bane's voice/dialogue is great. As someone who had a few things spoiled, the actual back-breaking was an awesome surprise. And an honorable mention to their second fight, purely for the moment when Bane stops trying to fix his mask and goes berserk.

Top 5

Batman vs Bane I - Everyone has said everything I could say about this fight.

Batman vs Bane II - I like the first one more, but the second wasn't that far away for me. I loved that Batman was fighting harder. Even though he was getting whipped in the beginning, he was more determined. The music, the lighting. Just that one small part when Batman gets up after Bane's kick, climbs the steps and gets right back into the fight. I was like, "Let's go!!"

Batman vs Maroni's men at the club - Pure Batman. I have watched that fight over and over.

Batman's first appearance - The only time really where the shaky camera technique made sense, and it was used superbly.

Batman vs SWAT - Another fight that I've watched over and over. Batman meticulously saving the hostages, battling SWAT and Joker's Men. Zimmer's score playing...

Bane vs Batman in the sewer

Awesome sauce.....

By the way, I like how Bane's reaction to Batman coming back (2nd fight) is similar to RAS' when Batman jumps into the train in BB.

How about the one where batman absolutely smashes that guy in his face with his own shotgun after kicking bane through the door....or does that not count as a fight?

Disagree. That goes to TDK Rises, easily.

There are scenes where the actor clearly doesn't even come close to hitting someone and they drop.

They shot most fight scenes from the p.o.v. behind the attacker and the sync between sound effect, the attack, and the result don't mesh and looks fake in quite a few scenes.

Such as Bane's whirling punch on Batman

Bane hitting a lady employee at stock exchange and not even touching her

Nope, that distinct honor goes to TDK.

Really? Such as Lau's men falling down before Batman delivering a strike and/or blow? Hmmmm. I never realized that Batman mastered the greatest martial art known to man [Dim Mak]. :o

How about the one where batman absolutely smashes that guy in his face with his own shotgun after kicking bane through the door....or does that not count as a fight?

Counts as part of the second Bane fight.

Batman vs Bane Round One was just so brutal and something I've always wanted to see on film if Bane was ever a villain.

So many fight scenes i like in the trilogy (despite the chopping editing on some) I love the Ra's vs Batman on the train fight, but i voted for Bane vs Batman fight 1. It was one of the most intense fights i've seen in any film. I was literally nervous while watching it.

That one gets my vote if it does.

I'd say that's a continuation of the second fight with Bane.

Another reason I like the second fights length is when Batman gets the upper hand; he ends Bane quickly. When you look at how dangerous of a fighter Bane is, once Batman had his chance to finish him; he had to and do it quick and decisively.

Reminds me of a lot of Anderson Silva fights. Most notably his recent win against Chael Sonnen. Chael was like Bane, he was beating Anderson in the first round, although not as brutal, but by the judges scorecards he would have won the round probably by a solid 10-9. The second round starts, Anderson defends the takedown from Sonnen, then Sonnen eventually goes for a spinning back fist and misses! Anderson then lands a solid knee to his chest against the cage. Eventually Chael gets back to his feet but Anderson drops him to the ground with a punch and finishes him with strikes.

So yeah, when Batman had that key moment to victory he had to take it, and finish Bane fast.

It was Batman at the PEAK of his abilities running through foes like a hot knife through butter.

It was used to show he was now at the top of his abilities. Who was supposed to challenge him? And how do you make a compelling dramatic fight scene, if the mere purpose is to just show the Batman absolutely WRECKING people?

Hong Kong and The Penthouse were poorly edited. There was no suspense or drama in The Joker flopping around while Batman struggled to fend off his goons, or how crappy Batman's tactics were constructed together as slapped around Lau's men either. If that's what you consider Batman at his 'peak' or 'prime', then good for you but it only reinforces my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"