Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

I don't think you can blame Hood for Wolverine. He's a oscar winning director.

I think the best things about Wolverine can be atributed to Hood. You can see it itching to be a better film, but something holds it back. That something is studio interference I think. If Hood got to make the film how he wanted with no constraints whatsoever I think we would of got a much, much better film.

The opinion of the academy is just another opinion. :D
That being said, I don't blame Hood for everything that didn't go right with this movie. I find that a lot of people blame the director when they should be blaming the writer.

Yea writers and execs were to blame for the films failure to reach it's potential IMO. I like this film but it could of been sooooo much better.

Hood isn't a hack, I think some of the shots and direction was good in the film. That and the acting were the best things.

True enough, it's a point I have raised myself and is bound to have been a contributing factor.

Exactly, I think since last year, critics will just expect more from comic-book movies, perhaps everyone will, though I enjoyed Wolverine despite the flaws.

I think the best things about Wolverine can be atributed to Hood. You can see it itching to be a better film, but something holds it back. That something is studio interference I think. If Hood got to make the film how he wanted with no constraints whatsoever I think we would of got a much, much better film.

Gavin Hood had an dispute on the direction of the film according to this Wikipedia filming content for X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

Hood and Fox disputed on the film's direction. The studio had two replacements lined up before Richard Donner, husband of producer Lauren Shuler Donner, flew to Australia to ease on-set tensions.[59] Hood remarked, "Out of healthy and sometimes very rigorous debate, things get better. [...] I hope the film's better because of the debates. If nobody were talking about us, we'd be in trouble!"[4] Hood added he and Thomas Rothman were both "forceful" personalities in creative meetings but they had never had a "stand-up" argument.[60]

I gotta say Wolverine against Weapon XI (yes, I believe it was with some help from Creed and Gambit too). Man, it was like something out of a video game! (I wonder how that battle is in the game...) THAT'S what more superhero movies need! I understand when filmmakers try to tone fight scenes down to be more realistic, and just use their powers as advantages here and there, but when a fight scene is so overboard and fantastic as Weapon XI was, it makes it more enjoyable than wondering what really could or could not have happened.

I gotta say Wolverine against Weapon XI (yes, I believe it was with some help from Creed and Gambit too). Man, it was like something out of a video game! (I wonder how that battle is in the game...) THAT'S what more superhero movies need! I understand when filmmakers try to tone fight scenes down to be more realistic, and just use their powers as advantages here and there, but when a fight scene is so overboard and fantastic as Weapon XI was, it makes it more enjoyable than wondering what really could or could not have happened.

While I enjoyed that fight, I felt the same about as I did the others, it could, and should have been longer, and maybe a bit more epic. I will say though, that it looked like a couple of bits were missing from the fight, so maybe it was originally longer.

Agreed. I could say the same thing about Marc Forster and Quantum of Solcae. That film was also a mess.

Are you sure? In the script Gambit was going to be seen in a cell next to Cyclops once Stryker captured him, but it got at the script stage.

I'm pretty sure it was Angel, or Archangel as the case may be, that was Scott's cellmate. I can't remember if it would be Warren pre-operation (Angel) or Warren post-op (Archangel) that would be shown, as it would be hinted that his metal wings would be a work of Stryker's.

Interesting... Thanks! But Sigourney Weaver as Frost? Too old! haha

Emma Frost was gonna be revealed as an old flame of Xavier's hence the age of the actress they had in mind.

I'm pretty sure it was Angel, or Archangel as the case may be, that was Scott's cellmate. I can't remember if it would be Warren pre-operation (Angel) or Warren post-op (Archangel) that would be shown, as it would be hinted that his metal wings would be a work of Stryker's.

I think both Angel and Gambit were scripted as far as I remember, I could be wrong though.

Emma Frost was gonna be revealed as an old flame of Xavier's hence the age of the actress they had in mind.

Hhhmm, not sure how this would have worked out to be honest, but it would have been better than what we DID get in X3 IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RNjd918tQ

-Very brief and lopsided but what the hell! What a way to introduce Wolvie. :)

I suppose this was a one-on-one in a way wasnt it, maybe I should have included it on the poll, but out of the ones on the poll which did you like best?

Either way thats officially two I have missed, Wolverine vs Trucker and Wolverine vs Spike (X3), sorry about that guys and gals.

vs Death-Strike is still my favorite. Lengthy, brutal and all out.

Technically speaking, concerning direction, etc, Wolvie vs Deathstryke was probably the best, but, for me, Wolverine vs Gambit was my favourite and was pure fanboy joy, seeing them both go at it and both of them being very faithful also was just amazing to me, shame about the rest of Wolverine but that moment was great.

I did like the Gambit fight, and thought it would have more votes to be honest, but like all of them in XMOW, it was just over too quickly, surely Gambit had another pack of cards in his pocket so the fight could carry on a bit longer!

i think its def fan boy joy that Gambit & Wolverine are mentioned im not even looking at that fight scene for the simple fact that Gambit didnt use any kinetic cards aside from that one scene but cmon there should have been more card throwing..he didnt even charge anything lol very underused imo

I just didn't like the way they dumbed-down his fighting skills to give Wolverine an easy (and short) win.

i think its def fan boy joy that Gambit & Wolverine are mentioned im not even looking at that fight scene for the simple fact that Gambit didnt use any kinetic cards aside from that one scene but cmon there should have been more card throwing..he didnt even charge anything lol very underused imo

I know, I was dissapointed that there was only the one card throwing scene, in the cartoon he used cards a lot more than he did his staff, I wish this would have been the case in the movie also.

I just didn't like the way they dumbed-down his fighting skills to give Wolverine an easy (and short) win.

It did seem that way didnt it, Gambit didnt put up much of a fight to Wolverine.

Well Gambit is a street hustler, so i assume his fighting skills could be summed up as being equal to a street fighter, at best. Wolverine is a trained killer and MULTI-War vet with a healing factor that gives him superior human endurance. I think the fight played out just as it should have.

But "street hustler" is an ambiguous term. And until proven otherwise, we can assume that Gambit has been trained in numerous martial arts by the Theives' Guild. Even if you do believe Wolverine is a better fighter, he shouldn't have been able to defeat Gambit that easily.

Oh, Wolverine/Deathstrike all the way. But I felt Wolverine vs Gambit was awesome too.

Hmmmm no Nightcrawler in the whitehosue fight option? :whatever::csad:

Well Gambit is a street hustler, so i assume his fighting skills could be summed up as being equal to a street fighter, at best. Wolverine is a trained killer and MULTI-War vet with a healing factor that gives him superior human endurance. I think the fight played out just as it should have.

But "street hustler" is an ambiguous term. And until proven otherwise, we can assume that Gambit has been trained in numerous martial arts by the Theives' Guild. Even if you do believe Wolverine is a better fighter, he shouldn't have been able to defeat Gambit that easily.

I also thought Gambit would realise early on that he didnt have much of a chance at close quarters and would have pulled the cards out again. Its obvious he couldnt hurt Wolverine after a few minutes so he should have been wipping cards at him left, right and centre.

Hmmmm no Nightcrawler in the whitehosue fight option? :whatever::csad:

Not exactly a one-vs-one is it LC :cwink:.

I suspect that movie Gambit is opportunistic: He uses what he can find. The cards just happened to be around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"