Best Origin Movie?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Batman Begins seems to have a bit more competition these days than it did a few years ago, so I was just curious as to what everyone else felt was the best superhero origin movie we have had so far.

Batman Begins is my number one origin movie, but for me Hulk isnt far behind it, same with a few others. Also, because the likes of The Incredible Hulk and Superman Returns are only SORT OF origin movies, they dont count for me, same with Batman '89. And the likes of Transformers, Constantine, V For Vendetta and Sin City are really not origin movies either.

So choose you pick from the rest.

Last edited:
Well this thread went down faster than jet with no engine!

Iron Man was so near identical to the comics though...

^It was very faithful, my problem with Iron Man was that it brought nothing new to the table with regards to CB movies, and the action scene's left a lot ot be desired.

Still say Batman Begins.

The main reason I made this thread is that a lot of people still consider Superman: The Movie the best origin movie ever, but I think its far from it myself, just wanted to see what others thought.

Iron Man, followed by Batman Begins & Spider-Man.

Superman:the Movie will always be the greatest to me. No other origin film captured my attention and inspired me quite like it. Christopher Reeve remains the quintessential Superman, and took comic book material from the camp of the Adam West Batman series to a new exciting vision of what the material could be. From the last hours of a grand civilization to a rural farm town, we follow Kal-El to his destiny of becoming Superman. I believe that a man can fly because of that film. It will remain number one for all time!:supes:

The correct answer is Iron Man :cwink:

Until this year I'd have said Superman 1, but Iron Man wins this IMO. Supes comes in at # 2 and then Batman Begins with Spidey bringing up the rear.

Batman Begins, Iron Man, and Spider-Man, in that order.

Iron Man was my favorite origin film.

Batman Begins, followed by Iron Man.

Superman The Movie, by far. :supes:

Despite the campy villains and some plot holes, Donner captured the spirit and wonder of the character perfectly. The film still works, it is epic, magical, poetic, timeless and classic. Plus Christopher Reeve and the William's score were superb. I truly believed that a man could fly.

BB, IM, Spidey and X-Men are also very good, but they lack the magic and epic qualities of Superman The MOvie for me. Or maybe I prefer STM because I just prefer Superman over the other superheroes? Who knows.

Batman Begins, with Superman at #2.

BB.
STM.
Hulk.
IM.
SM1.

I don't consider X1 an origin story per se, AVE. It's more of an introduction to the characters, if that makes any sense.

Blade wasn't really an origin movie.

Easily Batman Begins, Spiderman shot itself in the foot by excluding Gwen Stacy so second spot goes to Iron Man.

Spiderman shot itself in the foot by excluding Gwen Stacy so second spot goes to Iron Man.

And by saying the story is "All about a girl".

That's not what Spider-Man is about.

I'd say B89. Tells you as much as you need to know when you need to know it.

BB.
STM.
Hulk.
IM.
SM1.

I don't consider X1 an origin story per se, AVE. It's more of an introduction to the characters, if that makes any sense.

I see what you are saying about X1, but at the same time, it did give the origins of Magneto and Rogue.

Blade wasn't really an origin movie.

Personally, I dont see how it wasnt, it showed how the character got his powers, and explained why he began doing what he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"