After Iron Man, what's the best MCU solo origin movie?

Nearly every superhero origin film shares the same formula.

That really isn't true. In the case of the MCU, the titular heroes come from very different philosophical places. Stark becomes a hero out of necessity and guilt. Thor thinks he's a hero from the start, but only learns what that means over time. Cap has the heart of a hero from the start, but has difficulty finding the path to use it. Bruce is convinced that he's anything but a hero and only learns to focus his power when a greater threat arises. Lang is a cliche' ...er...criminal with a heart of gold. Those are all quite different.

I feel the same way.

Iron Man probably wowed me more at first. But I've had my fill of RDJ's Stark over the years, whereas Thor, with that main musical theme, is infinitely rewatchable for me, even if the movie is a little underwhelming in the middle (that mud wrestling fight just might be the lamest scene in the MCU...).

Yeah agree with all of this. Once Stark became more RDJ than Stark from the comics I got a little sick of him, especially after AOU, though I still love IM, Thor has the most re-watch ability for me still though, due to the perfect mix of humour, drama and emotion.

Speaking of critics vs the audience,i think they are both important,but for me i consider the audience views more important then the critics but i look at both to get a good idea before watching a movie.
Some times they both get it wrong,but i tend to find the audience views on average more closer to my views especially when it comes to fantasy and sci-fi.

Modern critics are all but useless to me. Audience scores are a far better tell for me. The "unprofessional" internet critics also tend to do a better job for me of explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the movies so even if I disagree with them, I can get a sense of the film. traditional film critics used to do that but most modern ones have lost a step somehow IMO.

In terms of the best solo origin films in Marvel's cinematic universe the ones that really stick out besides Iron Man are definitely Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Thor (2011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"