After Iron Man, what's the best MCU solo origin movie?

I wouldn't count Incredible Hulk as an origin movie, but I thought it was underrated...I HATED CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER...I just can't get down with that movie. I understand why some people like -- but it wasn't for me.

Kudos to the Russo Bros. for making him cool in Winter Soldier

Well with TIH we do get the origin of him in the opening credits, and it's the first Hulk movie in the MCU, so that was my logic for including it.

Ant Man even if its basically Iron Man.

The current poll standings mirror my thoughts: Cap 1 > Ant-Man > Thor > Hulk

Agreed. Hopefully Dr. Strange will take the top spot a year from now.

CA: The First Avenger, this movie made me fall in love with Steve Rogers/Captain America and he became my 2nd favorite superhero despite the fact that I didn't know anything about him before I watched the movie, if the last 40 minutes were better it could have been even better than Iron Man. Thor is close behind, I loved that movie.

Ant-Man is probably the first MCU movie where I didn't get invested in their main hero (even though I loved almost everything else about the movie). I thought Scott Lang was boring and uninteresting, Paul Rudd saves the role with his charisma and his good performance. That being said I think they did a fantastic job with Hank Pym

we haven't seen doctor strange, black panther, captain marvel, or spiderman yet.

I'd agree if they properly showed WWII rather rushing through it with the montage to get him to the future for the sake of the shared universe.

I think the film needed that emotional punch of him waking up in the future. I can't honestly think of a better, more fitting ending that wraps up a the character's origin in a single movie.

Capt america I loved, red skull was awesome it was just a great movie, I liked thor but wished it was more on asgard, and jane and her sidekick got very irritating thats why i hate the dark world darcey ruins it.

Hulk I like but i dont include because its norton not Ruffalo Id love to see a ruffalo hulk solo movie maybe with leader as enemy would be fun

Haven't seen ant man yet really want to havent had time

iron man i just dont like too much RDJ never been a big iron man fan, its like yeah your a suit of iron big ****ing deal thor shouldve smashed your ass in the first avengers movie easily..

Ant-Man is probably the first MCU movie where I didn't get invested in their main hero (even though I loved almost everything else about the movie). I thought Scott Lang was boring and uninteresting, Paul Rudd saves the role with his charisma and his good performance. That being said I think they did a fantastic job with Hank Pym

We'll said.

Is Thor even an origin movie? He starts out as Thor in the beggining of the film if memory serves correct.

Is Thor even an origin movie? He starts out as Thor in the beggining of the film if memory serves correct.

It's his origin as an Earth superhero, if that counts. Before that he's just a warrior prince of a different realm. The first Thor brings him to Earth and makes him one of ours.

Hmm... I'd have to vote either The Incredible Hulk or Ant-Man.

Captain America The First Avenger was an absolute snooze fest to me personally. I just did not like it or the Thor solo film at all, Loki and Red Skull were those two films only saving grace in my opinion but even they did not keep me from disliking them.

I really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk and Ant-man though.

Cap really pulling away now, I honestly thought it would be closer between that, Thor and AM.

The Incredible Hulk is my favorite, but since it does not really dig deep into Hulk's backstory, I wouldn't look at it as an origin film.

Ant-Man is easily the most fun film with lots of focus on the character's origin, for that it gets my vote.

Definitely thought this would be closer between Cap, Thor and Ant Man

I think it's spot on. First Avenger, as far as a representation of the golden age and base elements of the character, that movie hasn't been beaten. Also has the highest stakes of the three during their respective climaxes, though I am a little fuzzy on the details of Thor's at the moment.

There are similarities between Ant-Man and Iron Man but not enough to call them the same movie, part of it is due to the world Marvel has created on screen, not a bad thing.

I'm very happy Cap's in first. I probably like his first solo movie more than the first Iron Man movie. Ant-man as second doesn't surprise me either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"